Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-04-2011, 16:19   #1
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

I get to play Battlefield 3 tomorrow. What do you want to know?

So, tomorrow, lucky auld me gets to fly to London and play BF3!

I will be meeting with the producers and what not, so if you have questions, I'll get you hands-on answers.

Post them here by 11am Wednesday (6th Apr) and I'll find out for you

DeV.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-04-2011, 16:25   #2
Spear

I can only think of nasty questions that they won't answer. I doubt they'll give anything of real substance away anyway.
05-04-2011, 16:28   #3

are you getting to see the multiplayer?

Last edited by Auvers; 05-04-2011 at 16:31.
05-04-2011, 16:31   #4
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

I would imagine so yes. Its a "journalist" PR launch and they tend to be very "hands on". If theres anything you want to know about MP post the question and I'll see if I can get an answer.

Spear, so long as they arent "rude" questions, I'll buttonhole anyone about any topic.

DeV.
Thanks from:
05-04-2011, 16:33   #5

all I want to know is there regenerating health (in multiplayer) on the PC version
Advertisement
05-04-2011, 16:35   #6
Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVore View Post
Spear, so long as they arent "rude" questions, I'll buttonhole anyone about any topic.

DeV.
No, nothing rude, just wondering about things such as why they pander to the selfish and unproductive elements of the player base by continuing to provide a sniper class in a team based multiplayer game. Or why they botched the PC release of BF1943.
Thanks from:
05-04-2011, 16:45   #7
DeVore
The monster's daddy!

I can probably knock those into non-emotive, reasonable questions

Auvers, I take it you mean "health comes back if you dont get shot for a few seconds".... ala Halo? I'm sure I'll have an answer tomorrow for you!

DeV.
05-04-2011, 16:48   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVore View Post
I take it you mean "health comes back if you dont get shot for a few seconds".... ala Halo? I'm sure I'll have an answer tomorrow for you!
yep thats what I mean
05-04-2011, 16:51   #9
Spear

Actually, I do have a productive question: do they intend to have collectible dogtags as they've done so in 2142 and BC1/2.

/looking forward to stabbing Wonda in new environments.
Advertisement
05-04-2011, 17:13   #10
Ponster

Send a message via Skype™ to Ponster
Will there be Multiplayer built-in LAN support? (including dedicated server files)

Will there be a demo and/or a beta release ?

Will BF3 support mods ?

Is the "commander modes" from BF2 which didn't feature in BC2 back in BF3 ?

What is the maximum amount of squads that can be created and how many people per squad?

In BF2 1.0 it was possible to 'see' servers and who was playing on them from third-party sites and applications (such as Yahoo! All Seeing Eye). This was removed after patch 1.3. Will it be possible to join BF3 games from third-party applications/sites rather than using the in-game browser something for which DiCE have never been known to master properly?

Why isn't a Battlefield mod being invited?

Why are Ireland being kicked out of the 2015 Cricket World Cup ?

Last edited by Ponster; 05-04-2011 at 17:26.
05-04-2011, 17:19   #11
Kevin Irving

Send a message via MSN to Kevin Irving
As the PC is the more powerful platform, are they really putting more effort into the PC version as opposed to the console version?
Thanks from:
05-04-2011, 18:25   #12
omerin

I'll second what spear mentioed, where the f**k is 1943?
Also as I mentioned on another thread, please please make sure they release a product that tested properly, i.e. make sure you can log on to the servers, I remember BFBC2 log in issues, took them a while to get it right. Also I'd prefer not to download 400mb+ patches a few days after its released

When will a demo be available for the PC?
Maybe an option to customise your soldier as part of the main release, not to be charged for it. I make a point when playing to kill those rich ba*tards first when I'm online
Dx11 support from the start.
05-04-2011, 18:38   #13
Spear

Now that I've thought a bit more.

I suspect they can't answer this, but I'm concerned about what comes after the game. In all prior releases there's been 2 or 3 major patches within the main sales window of the few months after release. After that patches become rare and minor, and the flow of new content dries up correspondingly. So are they going to give this real support after release? I'd really like to see them take the same approach as Blizzard do with WoW and regard it as a living and evolving game. EA/Dice need to plan out maybe 2 years plus of regular patches and genuinely new content (not a new mode on a pre-existing map). If they really want to steal CoD's thunder they need to target them where they're weak in the form of paid map packs, and where they're strong in the form of a new release every year by providing free new content, even if it is only 1 map a month or so. Is there any hope of them providing the long term support the franchise needs?
05-04-2011, 19:39   #14
Spiritine

+1 for LAN support question, if we dont get a new game with LAN support soon, LAN's are going to suffer more
05-04-2011, 20:16   #15
BULLER

• Will it be possible to host a dedicated server as with BF1942 and BF2?
  • Will you be reintoducing AI bots for single player / dedicated server maps?
  • If so, will they be remotely intellegent this time?
  • How does the game run on consoles if the engine is based on DX11 and is unable to run in DX9 mode on PC? (Im not complaining, its very encouraging that its DX11, just curious)
  • Will there be commander mode?
  • Will they be retaining "Rush mode"?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion