Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 13:25   #1
westendgirlie
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,088
FIS calculation & waiting time

Hi,

I applied for FIS at beginning Nov 2010. I have called them and they stated they are still processing Oct 2010 applications!

I had previously sent application Mid Aug 2010 but they said they never received it .

As I understand it, FIS is determined on NET income. So, when I called them last week and was told my apllication was, as yet, not processed. I asked should I send in current payslips as my net income is now less due to cut in pay, loss of Child Benefit (daughter 18 but still in full time education) and also Universal Social Charge. I was told that my rate would be determined as at time of application.

Is this correct? or can I appeal? I am struggling big time as it is
westendgirlie is offline  
Advertisement
04-03-2011, 13:57   #2
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,380
Yes that is correct.FIS take your net income at the date of application.they don't assess child benefit as an income.if you wanted them to assess USC they would only pay/back date to start of January.as for an a appeal I don't think you would have a case.
yabadabado is offline  
04-03-2011, 14:45   #3
Granger13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 102
Under the Departments guidelines your payment will remain the same if your weekly income increases or decreases in the 52 week period of the FIS payment.

But as you have not yet actualy been assessed and are currently not receiving any payment from the Deparment , you could again contact the department and argue, for the purpose of the assesment to have your application assesed based on your current income and also ask them to amend your prior application based on the new reductions, this is possiable for them to do this, as of yet you have not actually been assessed and are still currently waiting

Last edited by Granger13; 04-03-2011 at 14:48.
Granger13 is offline  
04-03-2011, 14:58   #4
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,380
If you want them to assess you on a current income they will only award your claim from a current date i.e the date new charges started.op will lose around 8 weeks arrears .
yabadabado is offline  
04-03-2011, 15:11   #5
Granger13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 102
They can work around this, i know people that got there back date money plus got reassessed on thier current income as they where waiting like westendgirlie on months to be assessed
Granger13 is offline  
Advertisement
04-03-2011, 15:42   #6
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,380
That won't happen it might have in the past but they have tightened all aspects of the scheme in the past few years.
yabadabado is offline  
04-03-2011, 16:09   #7
Granger13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadabado View Post
That won't happen it might have in the past but they have tightened all aspects of the scheme in the past few years.
Well this has only happend in the last year.
Granger13 is offline  
04-03-2011, 16:10   #8
westendgirlie
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,088
Thanks guys,

I suppose I may aswell wait. Once received it will have to be backdated (over 4 months at todays date) so i'm nearly halfway to it being reviewed again.

But I don't know what problem there would of been sending new payslips in with current info. Not as if they have started working on my claim or anything!

Slightly off topic..... If they have such a heavy workload, isn't it about time welfare & dole offices started employing some people? Paying people to do nothing vs paying them to work. I know if it was my money which one i'd choose.
westendgirlie is offline  
04-03-2011, 19:13   #9
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by westendgirlie View Post
Thanks guys,

I suppose I may aswell wait. Once received it will have to be backdated (over 4 months at todays date) so i'm nearly halfway to it being reviewed again.

But I don't know what problem there would of been sending new payslips in with current info. Not as if they have started working on my claim or anything!
it's a 52 week payment starting from the first thursday after your claim is recieved.Claims are decided on as if it was done on the day it was recieved, so if there was no backlog your claim would be in payment before the changes and no changes take place.if you like give them a call and enquire about this with manager/supervisor but I am 100% certain they will either pay from november or pay from date off new deductions(6 jan).
yabadabado is offline  
Advertisement
04-03-2011, 19:21   #10
bmarley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 354
In my own experience of claiming this payment, the officer will need to visit you at home to assess your situation. This will give you the opportunity to present new information, If you are entitled to any payment this will be assessed on your original information and will be backdated to that date. However, this amount will be adjusted, after your assessment, based on your new information.
bmarley is offline  
04-03-2011, 19:35   #11
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarley View Post
In my own experience of claiming this payment, the officer will need to visit you at home to assess your situation. This will give you the opportunity to present new information, If you are entitled to any payment this will be assessed on your original information and will be backdated to that date. However, this amount will be adjusted, after your assessment, based on your new information.
It wont for FIS.most other SW schemes will re-adjust but FIS dont.

An officer/inspector wont usually call to you when you apply for FIS unless you have some self employment,rental income,land owner,work for relative.there are a few other times but these are the main ones.

Last edited by yabadabado; 04-03-2011 at 19:56.
yabadabado is offline  
04-03-2011, 19:41   #12
Mom2Be
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 142
Hi.. Just to let you know that they are currently working on the 2nd of November claims, i only rang yesterday to enquire about my own claim.
Like you my circumstances have changed, I am on Maternity Benefit now and i wondered the same thing about sending in new information. Its been 17 weeks since they received my claim and looking like its going to be another 2 weeks or so as mine is dated the 11th Nov.

Glad to hear you dont have to send in new documentation as couldnt afford wait another 17 weeks or so.
As for what bmarley said, I have never heard of a FIS officer going to a persons home to assess the situation.
Mom2Be is offline  
Thanks from:
04-03-2011, 21:01   #13
bmarley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadabado View Post
It wont for FIS.most other SW schemes will re-adjust but FIS dont.

An officer/inspector wont usually call to you when you apply for FIS unless you have some self employment,rental income,land owner,work for relative.there are a few other times but these are the main ones.
Partner was self employed, sorry thought it was typical for all new FIS claims.
bmarley is offline  
18-05-2011, 11:48   #14
lisar816
Registered User
 
lisar816's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 794
anyone know what month they are on at the minute? we applied back the end of feb so im hoping it will be sorted soon
also im on my partners claim can i ring about the claim or does it have to be him?
lisar816 is online now  
19-05-2011, 00:23   #15
Mom2Be
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisar816 View Post
anyone know what month they are on at the minute? we applied back the end of feb so im hoping it will be sorted soon
also im on my partners claim can i ring about the claim or does it have to be him?

Hey LisaR816

I applied the 11th November 2010 and i got my first payment the end of April.. Sorry i dont have better news but hope your not in a rush for it..
Mom2Be is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet