Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-03-2011, 09:05   #1

Possibility of more cold weather from the 9th of March

Fine folks if Darkman2 is gone into hibernation then i'll take up the slack

1) I Can't believe there's not more people on here commenting on the latest models which have been showing the possibility of a snowfest around the 9th

The GFS shows -6 uppers widespread across the country with a PM incursion from the north west

The BOM access agrees below

The ECMWF however still hasn't come to the party and the other models are still on the fence so lets see if we see some upgrades later today because the GFS is a serious upgrade on previous runs.

If anyone finds faults with what i've posted please point it out. I think the PM incursion as it is would lead to heavy snowfalls in the north and west however during the day especially at this time of year there would be a lot of melting.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2011, 09:22   #2
MiNdGaM3

It's looking interesting at least. The GFS has been downgrading the snow potential over the last few runs, but the cold air is now arriving within t144 so entering the semi-reliable timeframe, and it's slowly gaining more ensemble support with the mean just touching -5C on 850hPa graph. We just need the high to our south west to move away a little and it's game on
After the last 2 months I think we deserve a final wintery blast!
03-03-2011, 09:41   #3

i predict no snow but light rain for the 9th and 10th of march followed by more dry and sunny weather.
Thanks from:
03-03-2011, 10:34   #4
MiNdGaM3

The 06z GFS has the cold arriving at t138 now, but once more, makes it just a 36 hour event. Hopefully we won't see the usual warming uppers as we enter t48, but if it can stay consistent up to t0, everywhere should at least see a snow shower or 2, with some lying snow in the west and north.
03-03-2011, 11:10   #5

GFS is yes a 36 hour event atm however both the GFS and GEFS both have a view still on the 9th. No push Back. Also the GEFS keeps the cold here much longer making it a 72 hour event...

Waiting on ECM to load up and Bom access

Advertisement
03-03-2011, 11:14   #6
pauldry

Oh, the snow link of my website has been dormant a while now will I wake it up ?
03-03-2011, 11:35   #7
MiNdGaM3

The control run certainly looking coldest of the bunch, but a good few now going for at least a brief cold/snowy spell, better than anything in January or February. Hopefully the ECM will jump on board this evening.
Ensemble mean shows the high slipping a little further to the south west also which will help.
Thanks from:
03-03-2011, 13:21   #8
nacho libre

One final fleeting blast of wintry weather would be very nice
03-03-2011, 13:23   #9

"Quickly trying to remember if Its Nacho Libre or Su Campu who is the pessimist* usually". Must be Su Campu!

*Realist
Advertisement
03-03-2011, 13:30   #10

Lads, please stop wishing for more of that **** weather Its spring time now and its about time we got some warmth and sunshine instead of praying for "one final wintery blast". Will ye be doing the same in the middle of July when its 20+c out and splitting the rocks?
03-03-2011, 13:47   #11
NIALL D

^^^ there all talkin about the sun in the spring thread

hopefully one more good blast of freezing weather is on the way , few days of snow wud be grand...
Thanks from:
03-03-2011, 13:54   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIALL D View Post
^^^ there all talkin about the sun in the spring thread

hopefully one more good blast of freezing weather is on the way , few days of snow wud be grand...
Are you insane? What would a few days of snow do apart from **** everything up?
03-03-2011, 14:07   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJager View Post
Lads, please stop wishing for more of that **** weather Its spring time now and its about time we got some warmth and sunshine instead of praying for "one final wintery blast". Will ye be doing the same in the middle of July when its 20+c out and splitting the rocks?

i fully expect to still see a couple of ''possibly and'' ''potentially'' cold weather threads from the snow and frost lovers on here, maybe not as far as july cos that would be just crazy, but certainly through april
03-03-2011, 14:56   #14
lord lucan

(3) thanks from:
03-03-2011, 14:59   #15
Sponge Bob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool View Post
I fully expect to still see a couple of ''possibly and'' ''potentially'' cold weather threads from the snow and frost lovers on here In Mid June and it splitting the rocks outside
Fixed that to take into account the hardcore snow bunnies we get around here. Don't forget that 10% to 20% of all Boards Viewers were in this here forum during the cold snap in late 2010.

It is like a feckin morgue today and the sun bating down outside.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion