Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2011, 00:53   #46
condra

Quote:
How do I top up my Card?

After you have entered your O2 Money Code online, you can top up your card by transferring money from your bank account to the card, in any O2 store or Payzone outlet. Bank account transfers are the cheapest way to top up.
Apparently no, but why not just transfer money from Paypal to your bank account by clicking on "withdraw" in Paypal?
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 23:14   #47
blubloblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by el dude View Post
Its ten euro for the year. There are ATM charges but I'm never going to use it in an ATM.

I was thinking of joining one of the banks that offered a visa debit card but the charges for having an account there were ridiculous, something like thirty euro every three months. Might have been AIB.
Where did you read that?
I use Ulster Bank, the only fees I pay is the Government stamp duty, which would be €2.50 a year if you don't use the card in an ATM. I have a Visa Debit card I can use anywhere that takes Visa.
O2 Money charge €5 for the card, up to €3 for every topup, €1 for ATM withdrawal, €5 if you ever want to take money off it, plus the Stamp Duty.
I don't know why anyone would use O2 Money.
11-03-2011, 23:34   #48
el dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubloblu View Post
Where did you read that?
I use Ulster Bank, the only fees I pay is the Government stamp duty, which would be €2.50 a year if you don't use the card in an ATM. I have a Visa Debit card I can use anywhere that takes Visa.
O2 Money charge €5 for the card, up to €3 for every topup, €1 for ATM withdrawal, €5 if you ever want to take money off it, plus the Stamp Duty.
Didn't read it, i applied online for an account and got a callback where it was explained to me that would be the charge to open and hold a new account, but that was if i didn't choose to 'transfer' bank accounts, i.e. have my wages paid into their bank, rather than BOI. Like i said, i'm not entirely sure who it was, might even of been Permanent TSB.
12-03-2011, 20:43   #49
Butch Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubloblu View Post
Where did you read that?
No feeds with Ulster Bank now and they're getting people in the door with the lure of Visa Debt Card but for how long? This is what banks like doing, luring people in and then lay on the charges nice and thick once they've gotcha.
13-03-2011, 20:18   #50
PenguinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzkamiden View Post
Does anyone know what age you have to be to get one? Please don't tell me it's 18+

EDIT: Yeah it's 18+ That kinda sucks.
Ulster Bank give Visa Debit cards to all customers . Open a current account there .
Advertisement
13-03-2011, 21:18   #51
condra

If you're under 18 just get your parent to get one "for the family".
15-03-2011, 15:43   #52
Butch Cassidy

Quote:
Government card duty
• You pay Government Duty of €2.50 a year on debitCARDs/ServiceCARDs used at Point of Sale only.
• You pay Government Duty of €2.50 a year on debitCARDs/ServiceCARDs or Cashcards used at cash machines only.
• You pay Government Duty of €5 a year on debitCARDs/ServiceCARDs used at cash machines and used to pay for goods and services.
• You pay Government Duty of €30 a year on credit cards.

If I just use the card for online transactions what do I pay? €2.50? Even if you only ever use the card at an ATM once do you still get hit with the €2.50?

What if there isn't sufficient funds in the account to pay this and I don't have an overdraft?

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; 15-03-2011 at 15:52.
15-03-2011, 15:47   #53
CyberGhost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy View Post
If I just use the card for online transactions what do I pay? €2.50? Even if you only ever use the card at an ATM once do you still get hit with the €2.50?

What if there isn't sufficient funds in the account to pay this and I don't have an overdraft?
You don't pay 2.50 for online transaction only, for transactions in Euros you pay nothing extra, for other currency you pay a percentage, don't remember exactly what.

If you use it in an ATM even once, you pay.

If you don't have the funds, I assume, it'll be deducted when you top up again. If you don't top up, the card will probably be cancelled.
15-03-2011, 21:13   #54
TanG411
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGhost View Post
You don't pay 2.50 for online transaction only, for transactions in Euros you pay nothing extra, for other currency you pay a percentage, don't remember exactly what.
It's 2.75% for other currencies.

Quote:
If you use it in an ATM even once, you pay.
A bit annoying because its the only way you can change your PIN on the card. Some ATMs don't allow you to change your PIN either, so it could be hit and miss.

Anyway, I got this card yesterday and have already done some impulse buying. Just ordered 250 business cards. I expect many more impulse buys. Very handy card though and has many advantages over the 3V card.
Advertisement
16-03-2011, 21:22   #55
TanG411
Closed Account

Got my 6 digit activation code in the post so can now use the card freely.

Unfortunately they got my name wrong on my details. They put down my middle name as my surname. Must give them a ring about it.
20-03-2011, 11:48   #56
Savage_Henry

hows with ryanair. do u have to pay ryanair fee with this card? lost my payzone money card and tempted to switch
20-03-2011, 14:58   #57
fritzelly

Yep they charge you the €5.00 per person per flight charge with this one.
20-03-2011, 15:09   #58
mink_man
Banned

I'm defo getting one, wanted to be able to buy stuff on ebay with a laser card type of thing. cool.
20-03-2011, 15:11   #59
mink_man
Banned

am I right in saying you can use your laser card in the atm freely, it's only if you use your 02 card to take money out or something you pay?
23-03-2011, 00:58   #60
Butch Cassidy

Grrr the play.com £1.00 temp authorisation transaction strikes and for some reason it hit me with it twice!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion