Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Spring from last week of February?

• 15-02-2011 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Okay its a bit speculative (perfect for this forum!) but its already looks quite solid taken in conjunction with other data and commentary. Sadly the rainfall model doesn't go past 9 days but it looks promising for warm and dry :)

Wed23rdpressurechart.jpg

Sat26thpressurechart.jpg

Tues1stpressurechart.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I was gonna post this 2day also! ha.... Even tough i would like to see some more snow , i wont complain if nice sunny weather is on the way....as sunny weather = convective potential! ha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I really hope so, nothing like the days getting longer and with some fine settled spring weather it would be heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

now these are the charts i like to see at this time of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'd love a bit of warm, dry weather at this stage, totally depressing over the past three weeks with nothing but dark, grey, cold, wet and windy weather every single day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone mind if i point out darkman2's easterly potential on the other thread? Snow! March will be plenty time for spring!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fcuk off with your snow! :pac: This is the warm thread :)

mike65 wrote: »
    Fcuk off with your snow! :pac: This is the warm thread :)

min always invades the cold threads with talk of sun and rain and mildness in december! I want one last chance to defer spring!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

the booooooooriiiing thread more like :pac: bloody spring !!!!

min always invades the cold threads with talk of sun and rain and mildness in december! I want one last chance to defer spring!

I'm just a warm person, can't wait for proper spring and then summer.

I'm hoping winter can be deferred till next winter, we had snow yesterday, would be nice if that was the last of it for the timebeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭J6P

I'm throwing the towel in on decent snow potential. Bring on the Sun

15 degrees next week:)

Rtavn19217.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

Iancar29 wrote: »
    I was gonna post this 2day also! ha.... Even tough i would like to see some more snow , i wont complain if nice sunny weather is on the way....as sunny weather = convective potential! ha :)

You will get your fix in May ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,572 ✭✭✭lord lucan

BRING ON THE SPRING!!

Lord Lucan crawls out from self induced winter hibernation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Speak Now

J6P wrote: »
    I'm throwing the towel in on decent snow potential. Bring on the Sun

15 degrees next week:)

Rtavn19217.png

Dont see any 15 degrees on that chart, apart maybe in
    Fahrenheit in some eastern European area's :pac:

I must say as a lover of hard frosts and snow i'd love it if the early days of March brought us some spring weather. We've had a right mix of seasonal weather.

Few nice wind events in November before the cold took hold late in the month.

Record cold with plenty of snow in December.

January was cold and dry for the main.

February has been mild and wet.

I welcome high pressure any month of the year :)

I welcome high pressure any month of the year :)

not if it brings fog like in january, 3 ice days in a row and i couldn't see past the front hedge for most of a week!

Look a scandi high, must be cold coming ;)

scandihigh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

mike65 wrote: »
    Look a scandi high, must be cold coming to Poland ;)

Fixed!

not if it brings fog like in january, 3 ice days in a row and i couldn't see past the front hedge for most of a week!

I said I not you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BNRrzOLQc

this should get you into the mood for spring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

Is the Atlantic going to quiten down now like it did a few years ago and we had Dry weather from February 25th until May 4th and then cr&p weather

• Advertisement

Met Eireann: "Temperatures will be above normal and well above average from midweek onwards."

First half of week, 10 to 12C
    Second half of week, "some dry bright spells will develop on occasion with sunny spells - with the best of these over Munster and Leinster. Temperatures will be in the low to mid teens and frost is not expected."

Just lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I love the cold and snow as much as anyone, but the kinda dull "chilly" weather we've had a lot of lately does nothing for me. If it's not going to at least be frosty or foggy, I'd rather it was very mild and keep the heating costs down!

So then, mild but mix looks like the week ahead, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Didnt know where in the world to post this , so thought id post it here.
    I heard The Uk are thinking about moving clocks forward two hours
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/8337061/Double-summertime-plans-could-be-sunk-by-Scottish-opposition.html

Just wondering , if the Uk went ahead with this, would that mean the Irish government would have to do it aswell for realistic reasons ?, (imagine having a one hour difference between Derry and Letterkenny :D)

Theres a thread on AH about it, i think it is a pretty stupid idea. It would mean darkness until nearly 10am all winter, just so it could be bright until half five.
    A lot of people seem to think it would mean an ''extra'' hour of light, without understanding that the sun is only going to stay up for a certain length of time . .:D

As for the time difference . . .was on holiday in the north of Spain (portuguese border) and one evening went for dinner across the river to portugal . . .however had to go back to spain (500m away) as the restaurants weren't open yet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

What a day today, warmth and blue skies :D Many more like this please!

yep was actually warm in the sun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Theres a thread on AH about it, i think it is a pretty stupid idea. It would mean darkness until nearly 10am all winter, just so it could be bright until half five.
    A lot of people seem to think it would mean an ''extra'' hour of light, without understanding that the sun is only going to stay up for a certain length of time . .:D

As for the time difference . . .was on holiday in the north of Spain (portuguese border) and one evening went for dinner across the river to portugal . . .however had to go back to spain (500m away) as the restaurants weren't open yet!!!
    lol thanks.
    Could you post a link , I cant find it on the AH forum. Please

Today was just glorious, a proper spring day.

Sure beats the cold, frost, ice and snow.

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    lol thanks.
    Could you post a link , I cant find it on the AH forum. Please

Here ya go!!!

Btw, being AH, the vast majority of it is bullshít . .:rolleyes:

Advertisement