Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-11-2011, 15:59   #2656
ellinguistico

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenEadir View Post
Not sure what "Editing buttons on the Status Bar drop down menu" means or what it does (can you elaborate?)

Not sure if there is a 2G/3G toggle option in the Kitchen App tweaks somewhere but the 2G/3G toggle is easily achieved in one click by using https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Ben
2G/3G is a toggle between WCDMA and GSM is it not?

There are plenty of mobile data toggles out there, but if I had one click to put my phone on GSM when i am out and about Im sure my battery would get less chewed.
Advertisement
02-11-2011, 21:25   #2657
djPSB

Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday.

Just wondering what's the story with all this rooting business?? What are the major advantages of it??
03-11-2011, 09:24   #2658
lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by djPSB View Post
Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday.

Just wondering what's the story with all this rooting business?? What are the major advantages of it??
Google it.
03-11-2011, 10:08   #2659
PTO

Hey all....
I'm having trouble with my Galaxy S2. In my messages when I create a sms and such, the picture on my friends list is not showing in my inbox. Is there a fix to this?
03-11-2011, 12:54   #2660
Cossax

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTO View Post
Hey all....
I'm having trouble with my Galaxy S2. In my messages when I create a sms and such, the picture on my friends list is not showing in my inbox. Is there a fix to this?
Try changing your numbers in the Contacts to +353851234567 instead of 0851234567?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2011, 19:02   #2661
Lovephones

Just got a galaxy s 2 today but im not sure if I should keep it or not , I have had an iphone for the last few years and use an imac at home and from what Ive read kies is not great friends with the imac , is anyone using an s2 with a mac and would you reccomend I take the plunge and open the box
03-11-2011, 19:03   #2662
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
What do you need to connect it to your computer for?
03-11-2011, 19:04   #2663
Lovephones

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
What do you need to connect it to your computer for?
I asume for putting music etcc on to the phone and for backing up the phone?
03-11-2011, 19:08   #2664
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovephones View Post
I asume for putting music etcc on to the phone and for backing up the phone?
You can do all that wirelessly. This ain't no iPhone, it's a few steps above and beyond. Oh I see, iMac, well....

You made bed now lay in it. In the mean time get a real PC.

Nah, you will have to google the work around for using it with a iMac, I'm not up to date with Apple work arounds. One reason why I ditched the iPhone.

Last edited by Captain Chaos; 03-11-2011 at 19:11.
Advertisement
03-11-2011, 19:10   #2665
Lovephones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
You can do all that wirelessly. This ain't no iPhone, it's a few steps above and beyond.
Im completely clueless with andriod
Is kies what I would need to do it wirelessly ?
03-11-2011, 19:15   #2666
Lovephones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
You can do all that wirelessly. This ain't no iPhone, it's a few steps above and beyond. Oh I see, iMac, well....

You made bed now lay in it. In the mean time get a real PC.

Nah, you will have to google the work around for using it with a iMac, I'm not up to date with Apple work arounds. One reason why I ditched the iPhone.
Thanks ill have a look around , getting sick of the iphone too was holding out to see would there be a 5 but the 4s is a really bad upgrade , thanks for your help
03-11-2011, 20:08   #2667
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovephones View Post
Im completely clueless with andriod
Is kies what I would need to do it wirelessly ?
You'll create a Google account, if you haven't got one already, then the phone will be syncing all the contacts/ calendar to Gmail for you.

You can set the phone to act as a mini webserver in your home network, the app Kies Air, and then you can just browse the phone and transfer files from a browser window on your iMac.
03-11-2011, 20:11   #2668
Lovephones

Quote:
You'll create a Google account, if you haven't got one already, then the phone will be syncing all the contacts/ calendar to Gmail for you.

You can set the phone to act as a mini webserver in your home network, the app Kies Air, and then you can just browse the phone and transfer files from a browser window on your iMac.

Cheers for that , already sync my iphone with my google account so that should be perfect ,
Ill download kies now and set it up , Thanks again for the help
03-11-2011, 20:14   #2669
robinph

Doing it through the browser means that you don't actually need the full version of Kies. You can't do some of the functions of the full version through the browser obviously, like the firmware upgrades, but if you can't get the software working with the iMac then it will probably get you by for most stuff.
03-11-2011, 20:18   #2670
Lovephones

Quote:
Doing it through the browser means that you don't actually need the full version of Kies. You can't do some of the functions of the full version through the browser obviously, like the firmware upgrades, but if you can't get the software working with the iMac then it will probably get you by for most stuff.
Would you know if theres an app on the andriod market that lets me stream my videos from the mac, I use airvideo on the iphone , just wondering if theres anything similar for the galaxy s2 ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion