Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2011, 19:14   #106
Pythia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdilemmaxx View Post
Hi, I used this at the weekend, took about half an hour and all I was left with was a bit more body in my hair than usual. Couldn't manage to get it to curl, or even go wavy.

What am I doing wrong??
How wet was your hair when you used it?
Advertisement
15-02-2011, 20:23   #107
xxdilemmaxx

It was fairly dry, maybe 90% dry. My hair is quite fine but expected a better result, more like a curly blow dry at the haidressers. Maybe i just haven't got the knack yet? Any suggestions welcome!
16-02-2011, 13:19   #108
cherryred

xxdilemmaxx - What's your technique?

If you hold it at the end of the sections and just let you hair wined around the spinning brush for 10 seconds, it should give you a curl at the end.

I got mine at the weekend, love it!
16-02-2011, 16:14   #109
xxdilemmaxx

Hi, I was holding it at the ends and spinning, then bringing the brush up and down along my hair, then holding at the root for 10 secs.

While i was holding it at the ends the hair was almost falling out of the brush as its quite fine (if you know what I mean).

The end result was nice and volumised but alas no curls
16-02-2011, 18:26   #110
trishasaffron

just got this yesterday and it seems to answer some of my prayers!

I've medium length wavy hair that has a tendancy to go completely frizzy at the hint of dampness (not a problem here then)
I tried it on my dry hair and it completely calmed down the frizz without going dead straight. I think I'll dry my hair either completely or almost fully and then just finish off with this.
Advertisement
16-02-2011, 19:43   #111
detoxkid

I gave into the hype and also bought one of these and I have to admit it is totally FAB. I am on day three of my hair and it is still presentable. Won't be bothering with the straighteners any more now I have this which has to be a good thing for hair. Hair doesn't feel as nice or soft as if you got it blow dried in a hairdressers but in these recessionary times they are small things to be considering
16-02-2011, 20:48   #112
sassychick

I got mine from littlewoods about two weeks ago and i have to say i love.it....its the best ever...i cannot blow dry to save my life but with this i get loadsa volume and ppl asking me did i get my hair done cant reccomend it enough
17-02-2011, 00:53   #113
Posy
Warm and cosy

Can you blowdry your hair straight with this, yes?
I'm trying to find an alternative to using my GHD every day (RUINING my hair) so is this kinder for your hair than using a straightener? Do people use balms/serums with it?
My hair is waist length so I'm not sure if this would really work for me or not but I may try it as it seems pretty popular with you boardsies!
17-02-2011, 09:24   #114
Tayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
Can you blowdry your hair straight with this, yes?
I'm trying to find an alternative to using my GHD every day (RUINING my hair) so is this kinder for your hair than using a straightener? Do people use balms/serums with it?
My hair is waist length so I'm not sure if this would really work for me or not but I may try it as it seems pretty popular with you boardsies!

You wouldn't be able to get straightener straight hair iykwim, It's more like a smooth/sleek voluminous blow dry kind of look, I've got long hair too and I LOVE it, I use moroccan oil with it and I find it really good but I suppose I really should pick up a heat protector although I don't use it at the hottest setting.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2011, 00:58   #115
Posy
Warm and cosy

May I ask where you can get this moroccon oil and about how much is it? Do you just use it as a hot-oil treatment?
18-02-2011, 14:12   #116
snooleen

Send a message via Skype™ to snooleen
There seems to be a lot of reviews from people with thick or curly and frizzy hair, but what about people with fine hair? I'd be really interested in this as I blowdry my hair with a round brush and still have to straighten it afterwards which is awful as I'm trying to grow it and the ends are all dry and fine! What's the verdict with the style lasting, does it last the full day? I think the resulting style is just what I'm looking for-sleek and smooth but voluminous, I just want reviews from people with finer, more fragile hair! Is it drying, does it snap the hair? Do people use product with it? I often use a volumising blowdry lotion while blowdrying and would like to continue using it.
18-02-2011, 14:16   #117
bluewolf
being awesome

Send a message via MSN to bluewolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posy View Post
May I ask where you can get this moroccon oil and about how much is it? Do you just use it as a hot-oil treatment?
It's not hot oil, you just pump it from the bottle.
It's 40 euro and I got mine in my hairdressers. The girls in the place all swear by it, so I think that's a good recommendation.
You literally use a pea-size amount, rub your hands a bit then run them through your hair while it's still damp.
You can use a tiny bit once it's dry as well to suppress frizzing - you have to make sure to really rub the pea-size amount into your hands first though.
Hair does not look oily at ALL and smells yum!
because it's very thick and you only use a tiny bit, it'll last a long time so it's expensive but lasts ages
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 18:53   #118
Ginny
Hosted Moderator

HMod: RC
I picked up one of the Babyliss big hair in Asda today, £22.50, just in case anyone is looking for them up north, in fairness there was only one on the shelf, but maybe you would ring around??
Just finished trying this out, my hair was already straightened, but its had been rained on and caught up, so was in a state, was surprised at the finish I got from the BBH, even the other half said it looked more "done" and volumised then jut the usual GHD straightening.
20-02-2011, 20:53   #119
random10

Help please

I had been debating whether or not to buy this. got it today and just used it. i can see it would be amazing for a fringe and defining layers but what i bought it for is volume at the roots i've long hair and sometimes can be limp. can anyone give me tips on how to get the volume? my hair has a lovely shine after using it so i will perservere with it i know it won't be perfect on 1st go!!
20-02-2011, 20:59   #120
whydoibother?
Closed Account

Babyliss have made this tutorial. You may have seen it. Starting at the end, you kind of wind it up towards the root and let the thing sit for a few seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p307q...eature=related

Bought one online. It's in the post. Can't wait to try.
Heard it's good for straightening and I've got curly hair.

Last edited by whydoibother?; 20-02-2011 at 21:03.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion