Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

we're having lots of weather, aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Thank you for bringing things back to normal.

And now we await snowmaggedon!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,471 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

As a reader, but not often poster I say thanks for bringing this back to a single national thread.

You should probably think of unstickying it too. It will stay near the top of the forum anyway, and the more casual poster often doesnt pay attention to the stickies, so you could end up having to merge a lot more threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

KevIRL wrote: »
    You should probably think of unstickying it too. It will stay near the top of the forum anyway, and the more casual poster often doesnt pay attention to the stickies, so you could end up having to merge a lot more threads.

We're never happy, but I agree with this point. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Thanks for organising it. Off to bed now praying there's no downgrade overnight ...... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭naughto

not happy with this decision,but any way lookingforward to the snow and am excepting college to be closed on firday with a bit of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

RTE2 now for Met

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Which is showing the centre moving away to our west and not hitting us as predicted by the GFS for Sat :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

is it snowing tomorrow in connacht????:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Cionád wrote: »
    RTE2 now for Met

She'd give Jean a run for her money but I didn't really like her forecast. Are met playing things down?

http://www.emhi.ee/index.php?ide=19,394,416,418

seems to be be on track with this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dfbemt wrote: »
    Which is showing the centre moving away to our west and not hitting us as predicted by the GFS for Sat :eek:

Oh Christ you're not serious! I need to go to bed! Actually no wait that's good if it's moving west - that means it could maybe hit the south and west more??:D

K night night - i don't think i'm gonna sleep a WINK tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wow nice weather girl on 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I think there is too much hype about the snow that we could be all let down badly,

dfbemt wrote: »
    She'd give Jean a run for her money but I didn't really like her forecast. Are met playing things down?

they never give a good irish report in the europen weather

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

And now lets head over to Met Eireann for the general and sea area forecast,Rte1 Radio 1/Sky 0160.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Going to post this in the general thread but i just went through some of MT Craniums posts as i wanted to confirm to myself when he first mentioned this event. On the 15th of November MT said

One of the better scenarios I foresee for snowfall comes with the December full moon and "northern max" event of 21 December. This is bound to produce an intense storm over western Europe and I am giving something like 2-1 odds for this to be a cold weather storm event with at least some snow or sleet in the mix for Ireland,

Brilliant call MT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

New SKY news graphics looks very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Lads, I can see it on the big screen:
    SNOWMAGEDDON
    The sellout blockbuster
    Starring Thundersnow and also featuring polar lows.
    Narrated by M.T. Cranium. Coming soon to a cinema near you!!! :p:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Cold air now in shetland Islands, its coming!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Asked earlier on one of the other threads when the cold front would be hitting the Dublin area, anyone got a timeframe? I know it's tomorrow sometime but it'd be nice to know whether or not I'll be around when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭leroythelegend

I think the reason ME / RTE are slow to commit to this and give a good warning to the public is because they have been told not to. We all know there is a shortage of grit and salt in the country and we cant get anymore until next week. If they cant keep the roads open everyone will be going mental saying that they knew this was coming and they did nothing about it. But if they downplay it as much as possible they can give it the old "we really wern't expecting anything this bad blah blah".
    That wouldn't happen in our lovely little country....

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I just heard on rte weather that its not going to be as bad or as much snow as a few weeks ago so whos lying ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I think the reason ME / RTE are slow to commit to this and give a good warning to the public is because they have been told not to. We all know there is a shortage of grit and salt in the country and we cant get anymore until next week. If they cant keep the roads open everyone will be going mental saying that they knew this was coming and they did nothing about it. But if they downplay it as much as possible they can give it the old "we really wern't expecting anything this bad blah blah".
    That wouldn't happen in our lovely little country....

I agree completly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Santander

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I think there is too much hype about the snow that we could be all let down badly,

Sorry, not meaning to be rude or anything, but do you have any evidence to back up this opinion?? Just wondering.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

what happened to the 4 provinces threads? :confused:

things look promising:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Rte are talking rubbish when they say it's not going to be as bad as last time, the forecasts are clearly showing more snowfall and no end in sight, there is really no way of knowing if it will be bad or worse until afterwards, certainly no point in comparing it to another cold spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

davidsr20 wrote: »
    I just heard on rte weather that its not going to be as bad or as much snow as a few weeks ago so whos lying ???????

1-2-3-4 I declare a forecast war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

s'not fair. half-assed summer ,now this crap. i tells ye, it's not on. not on.

and who's gonna pay for the extra fuel to heat my house? dat's righ - ME. that's who.

bloody polar bears / hippies. whatevr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement