Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hardman Long Distance Tri Killarney 27/8/2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

griffin100 wrote: »
    I'll put a race report up on my training log when I get back to work, I'm not doing an IM race report on my phone!

In brief, tough swim in a fantastic location, great bike course and a nice off road lapped run route. One or two minor issues but to be expected in the first year, nothing that affected the day overall. Hopefully there'll be more than 25 finishers next year!

well done again Griff, look forward to reading the full report....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 darrenoconaill

25 finishers is good. Only 12 finished the very first Ironman in Hawaii. This could be the start of something great! Look forward to the reports.

Edit: Just looked at the results and of the 25 finishers 9 were relay teams so really only 16 completed the full course.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

25 finishers is good. Only 12 finished the very first Ironman in Hawaii. This could be the start of something great! Look forward to the reports.

......not to mention the top 10 finish for our own Griffin100........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Lex Luther wrote: »
    ......not to mention the top 10 finish for our own Griffin100........

Cheers Derek, I'm thinking of retiring from IM on the strength of that result ;)

Long race report in my log.

A race that deserves to become a staple on the race calendar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 20D

Very good event. As said a couple of teething problems but nothing to take away from the day or that could not be sorted for next year. Could certainly sustain a bigger field as I was surprised how little traffic there was all around the ring, only picked up a bit of a convoy coming off Ladys View.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 darrenoconaill

Advertisement