Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good dentist in Malahide/Swords area for very nervous patient

Options
  • 15-11-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi, I've recently moved to Malahide and need dental treatment. I haven't been to a dentist in 5 years and it's really getting to the point where my teeth are badly suffereing for it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice Dentist in the Malahide area? Preferrably a lady dentist (I would just prefer a female for some reason) but mainly anyone that is good for very nervous patients. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Hi, Would recommend the lady dentist in the John Murphy's surgery in Malahide. The number is 8455666. Super dentist, have gone there for last 7 or 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

+1 on that girl in Malahide (Elise) , although I heard that John Murphy himself passed away and I'm not sure whats happening with the practice .
    Pity as he was a great Dentist and a lovely man . RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Thanks for that guys. She sounds like what I'm looking for, thanks.

I heard about that Dentist, very tragic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

mscull wrote: »
    +1 on that girl in Malahide (Elise) , although I heard that John Murphy himself passed away and I'm not sure whats happening with the practice .
    Pity as he was a great Dentist and a lovely man . RIP

Indeed very sad. RIP.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Great dentist in Swords. I actually can't remember her name but she's super gentle and very calming. Her practice is here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=53.464356,-6.215773&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=16&sll=53.466668,-6.211438&sspn=0.01202,0.026157&ie=UTF8&z=16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

cant recommend redmond and molly in balbriggan high enough, he (dave) look my daughters tooth out without her knowing, and she was 7 at the time. A gem of a dentist, HTH,Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Since this has been bumped. I was in a similar situation in that I hadn't been in years. Went to the dental clinic in Lusk and was looked after without any pain or grief. No idea what the name is tho....

Boyfriend hadn't seen a dentist since childhood and has his wisdom teeth and two molars removed at Balbriggan Dental last Saturday. No pain during the procedure, since then... no swelling, less pain than the teeth gave beforehand, is trying to get me (total dental phobic, reckon by now I need dentures not a dentist) to go along. The dentist he is recommending he says is called Conor (he's not great with names though so might not be) but he only works Saturdays in Balbriggan. I'm going to try to get an appointment with him myself so I'll let you know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Hi Khannie
    Thanks for this, am looking for this type of dentist. Looked at your link and saw the map but do you have the dentist name?
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A quick Google using Khannie's coordinates brings up Patricia Kennedy at a dental practice in Seatown in Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I go to Dr. Patton in the same practice as Patricia Kennedy and Orla McGeary, they're great down there and the atmosphere in the place is very calming.
    The address being Seatown is a bit confusing, I always think of Seatown as the turn off to the right at the end of main street. If you carry on out North Street they're just past Rock's funeral home on the right hand side. They do early morning and evening appointments if you need them, and weekend emergencies.
    I hadn't been to a dentist for years and I have no problem going now :)

Advertisement