Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-11-2010, 11:59   #1

Student Documentary Clery's Clock; Seeking Participants!

I am a 4th year Media Arts student in DIT Aungier Street and am currently producing a short radio documentary as part of my final year assessment.

My documentary is centered around Clery's clock as an iconic object in Dublin and a well-established meeting place.

I have conducted two interviews to date, and am looking for more people to share any stories they may have of waiting under neath the clock, whether it was for a date, to meet friends, etc. I would also love to interview anyone who happened to be at the unveiling of the new clock in 1990.

There is no story too small and what I am to achieve with this documentary is create a sense of nostalgia and celebrate an iconic location in Dublin.

The interview would require a half hour of your time, an hour at the most. The interview would be recorded, of course, but no images or pictures need to be captured. I am very flexible with time and locations.

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could get back to me with an interest in being involved in the documentary.

Many thanks, and awaiting your reply,
Sinead Vaughan
sineady_vaughan@hotmail.com

Last edited by SineadVaughan; 04-11-2010 at 20:08.
Advertisement
04-11-2010, 13:06   #2
hXci

If you're doing a documentary on it, it is probably best you spell it right- its Clery's, not Cleary's!

I've given it a plug on CHTM and hope you get a few replies- good luck!
04-11-2010, 15:16   #3

I remember this one time back in the nineties I arranged to meet a friend there at 8PM to go for a few pints. I got there at 7:55; he showed up a few minutes later then we went to the pub. The end.
04-11-2010, 20:08   #4

Thank you for that!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion