Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavy rain and showers from Tomorrow, through tomorrow night, Wednesday and Thursday

Options
  • 12-07-2010 5:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Looks like a very disturbed period from Tomorrow afternoon till Thursday.

Tomorrow it looks like the central portion of the country having some very heavy rain or showers with the possibility of thunderstorms.

Rtavn304.png

Then on Wednesday it looks like the West and Southwest having very heavy rain and intense showers - with heavy showers elsewhere aswell but particularly so in those areas

Rtavn544.png

And then on Thursday more heavy rain

Rtavn784.png

A good chance of thunderstorms throughout

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn3011.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn6011.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn7811.png

Looks like getting very wet! Pick a number as to how much rain could accumulate giving flooding in some places.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Just a quick update - scattered outbreaks of rain in the West and on the Irish sea pushing North this evening with heavy showers following and risk of thundery showers tonight and tomorrow. Should be some lively downpours around.

FWIW tomorrow will be a brighter day between showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Very disappointed,not a drop of rain today.Hit and miss affair for many next few days it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

hope im in a missed area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

looks like its moved futher east into irish sea although drizzle turing more to heavier rain at mo
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

this low system appears to be less organised that i was initially led to believe. the rainfall warnings are presumably correct. however, it looks like some places may see less rainfall than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

More Southern areas are most at risk at the moment with the West and North seeing a share tonight and Thursday.

Totals of 40mm will probably be reached in some spots

20mm will be common but some areas will escape with only a little.

Tomorrows Swithins day and its promised wet. Bye Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

What are the chances of a warm sunny Saturday in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Despite the apparent downpour that woke me at 4AM in Cork, 3.3mm of rain is what my weather station says. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

This morning's 06Z GFS sounding for Knock Airport has around 1200J/kg CAPE at 15Z today, which gives a max updraft speed (ie. how fast the air is rising inside the cloud) of around 110mph, although speeds of around half that is more likely, due to water loading and the elongated CAPE area.

Still though, 50mph+ is still pretty impressive stuff, which is why you don't want to be flying a plane through it!

120186.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

Today was actually surprisingly nice in Dublin. Apart from some light morning showers the day has been pretty bright and sunny with a temp. close to 20C on some occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

compsys wrote: »
    Today was actually surprisingly nice in Dublin. Apart from some light morning showers the day has been pretty bright and sunny with a temp. close to 20C on some occasions.

Same here got upto 21c and it was sunny! AT LAST BACK UPTO 20S and SUNSHINE! OMG

owenc wrote: »
    Same here got upto 21c and it was sunny! AT LAST BACK UPTO 20S and SUNSHINE! OMG
    sorry owen was this after you said in another thread dat &i quote"im stuck under this pile of drizzly ****."

delw wrote: »
    sorry owen was this after you said in another thread dat &i quote"im stuck under this pile of drizzly ****."

Don't beleive me go check max temp for ballykelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

What on earth is this formation caught on camera in Germany yesterday

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'd say it's just a shelf cloud (a bit distorted).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    What on earth is this formation caught on camera in Germany yesterday

Looks like a close up look at a tail cloud extending from a wall cloud?

owenc wrote: »
    Don't beleive me go check max temp for ballykelly.
    never said i dnt belive you,was only asking when did u get d sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Brilliant shelf cloud.

Its were the cold front is overlapping the warm air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

Wow. Stunning sight.
    Ever seen in Ireland??

delw wrote: »
    never said i dnt belive you,was only asking when did u get d sunshine

I don't know when i got dat sunshine dat you were talking abotu dat yesterday dat 7!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Isn't it so much better when Jean tells you it will rain ?

Sorry for bringing it up again but I couldn't resist.

As for that black dress.........ah Jean.......

Advertisement