Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-07-2010, 13:04   #1
shuggie001

D COY (PEARSE) 20TH INFANTRY BATTALION FCA

Hi

Looking for former members of the above FCA company, the Company was stood down a few years ago and now forms part of the 63 Inf Battalion RDF.

There are lots of former members out there.

We have an association called the PEARSE BATTALION ASSOCIATION, the age profile is "getting on" in age and new members are needed to relive our weekly trips up to Griffith Barracks/Cathal Brugha Barracks, brasso, button sticks, .303 lee enfields, FN rifles, Bren guns, Gustav 9mm, web belts, ironing "slacks", hairy shirts, camps in Gormanstown, gun oil, 4 by 2, alpha bargains combats, wine coloured scarfs, polish boots.

I served from 1971 to mid eighties and had a great time.

Come out and post!!!!!!

Shuggie001
Advertisement
12-07-2010, 16:45   #2
baloonatic

I joined the former FCA in the last years of it's existance and found myself in DCoy 20th. Some great folks, many of whom (including myself) are still serving.
02-08-2010, 01:35   #3
cpslane

I was in D COY Pearse in the early 80s. some good times and memories
02-08-2010, 15:42   #4
trellheim

facebook the 20 inf bn page for some pics . In the Re-org a few years back 20 Inf Bn and 21 Inf Bn merged to become 62 Inf Bn.

There are many Ex Pearse still serving, both RDF and PDF.
03-08-2010, 20:52   #5
xflyer

We did guard together in Monaghan barracks, shuggie001. I wouldn't help the age profile much, I'm afraid.
Advertisement
03-08-2010, 21:34   #6
dursey

some Pearse photos here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockface/2077888391/
09-08-2010, 12:27   #7
JonnyTwoCombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellheim View Post
facebook the 20 inf bn page for some pics . In the Re-org a few years back 20 Inf Bn and 21 Inf Bn merged to become 62 Inf Bn.

There are many Ex Pearse still serving, both RDF and PDF.
Have you got a link, a search doesnt seem to be working
14-05-2011, 15:07   #8
The Sheriffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggie001 View Post
Hi

Looking for former members of the above FCA company, the Company was stood down a few years ago and now forms part of the 63 Inf Battalion RDF.

There are lots of former members out there.

We have an association called the PEARSE BATTALION ASSOCIATION, the age profile is "getting on" in age and new members are needed to relive our weekly trips up to Griffith Barracks/Cathal Brugha Barracks, brasso, button sticks, .303 lee enfields, FN rifles, Bren guns, Gustav 9mm, web belts, ironing "slacks", hairy shirts, camps in Gormanstown, gun oil, 4 by 2, alpha bargains combats, wine coloured scarfs, polish boots.

I served from 1971 to mid eighties and had a great time.

Come out and post!!!!!!

Shuggie001
Howya Shuggie , I served in The Pearse Battalion between '85 and '93
i still have a few friends still serving . I made a lot of good friends , life long friends in the FCA . We did our recruit camp in Gormo , the day Live Aid was on . I left after i got married in '92 . I still have my old uniform , some webbing and a couple of pairs of boots in the shed .. and my original beret with the brass cap bag filed down .

They were good days , and nights out ...!!!!
Sgt Dave Fitzgerald was my sarge when we started . he died a number of years ago .. He was a very good man , very witty , disiplined but fair .
May he rest in peace ...

if i can post a pic i have on the computer it will show the gang i called friends and still do .
(thats me climbing up onto the truck )
Cheers
Niall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fca pic gormo.JPG (1.48 MB, 321 views)

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion