Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

12-06-2010, 14:19   #1
Samskeyti
Banned

Cheating in the Leaving Cert

There's cheating happening in my school, the majority of students use the fact that the toilets are in our P.E hall and that the superintendents have no reason to follow them in. The students hide notes written from before the exam in their socks and pants and some even got away with having a phone on their lap for an entire paper and reading saved messages from it. Others used the bathroom to call students from other schools and got full answers on questions.

Our principal is a complete waster as students were caught cheating in the L.C.V.P exam and nothing was done about it. I thought if you were caught cheating that you couldn't sit another state exam? Should I inform the superintendents of how stupid they're being or e-mail the State Examinations Commission? I know for definate that Irish will be the exam that most will cheat on because of learning notes off by heart will prove too much effort for them. Help??
Advertisement
12-06-2010, 14:23   #3
LadyGaga!

Oh my, that's awful. You should inform the superintendent - remember cheating affects us all, yourself included.

How does the superintendent not notice if it's on their lap?? Surely they'd see them looking down all the time!?

You'd think ours have sand in their pants, they never sit down!
12-06-2010, 14:23   #4
fufureida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samskeyti View Post
There's cheating happening in my school, the majority of students use the fact that the toilets are in our P.E hall and that the superintendents have no reason to follow them in. The students hide notes written from before the exam in their socks and pants and some even got away with having a phone on their lap for an entire paper and reading saved messages from it. Others used the bathroom to call students from other schools and got full answers on questions.

Our principal is a complete waster as students were caught cheating in the L.C.V.P exam and nothing was done about it. I thought if you were caught cheating that you couldn't sit another state exam? Should I inform the superintendents of how stupid they're being or e-mail the State Examinations Commission? I know for definate that Irish will be the exam that most will cheat on because of learning notes off by heart will prove too much effort for them. Help??
I know how your feeling. Sure it's happening in my school and it's not fair. If I were you go talk to these people who you are gonnna cheat and ask them if tge cheated and if they will continue to cheat. Tape the entire conversation. Then inform the super intendant but do so anonymously you don't want people to find out you told... Good luck.
12-06-2010, 14:24   #5
Luno

At the end of the day it's not going to affect your results so why bother worrying about it? Concentrate on yourself I'd say!
Advertisement
12-06-2010, 14:26   #6
MagicMarker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufureida View Post
I know how your feeling. Sure it's happening in my school and it's not fair. If I were you go talk to these people who you are gonnna cheat and ask them if tge cheated and if they will continue to cheat. Tape the entire conversation. Then inform the super intendant but do so anonymously you don't want people to find out you told... Good luck.
lol, you want him/her to ask people if they have cheated or if they intend to cheat and then bring a taped conversation to the principle?

What exactly do you think will happen when these same people are punished? 2+2=?

OP, just tell a superintendent or email whoever will do something about it.
12-06-2010, 14:29   #7
challengemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S* View Post
At the end of the day it's not going to affect your results so why bother worrying about it? Concentrate on yourself I'd say!
Actually, it might. Due to the bell curve they want every year, if loads of people cheat, the marking scheme becomes much harder for those who don't, making it unfair for them.

Also, They could also be cheating someone else out of a fair, deserved college spot.

So yes, at the end of the day, it affects everyone else. Report the ***** and I hope every single one is banned from state exams.
(301) thanks from:
422nd, 72hundred, Adriatic, allanb49, allydylan, almostnever, Amelia_11, ananas, ann_likes_cake, anothernight, antomagoo, Aoibheann, Aoifey!, AvaKinder, bad2dabone, banquo, banshee_bones, Baron de Charlus, BeardyGit, Bears and Vodka, Benzino, Beth, Bill_Le_Viking, Blowfish, Bluefox21, bluewolf, bluugirl, Boards.ie, bobbi, Boden08, BOHtox, Bonavox, Bonito, bonnieprince, Bucklesman, budhabob, Bulktohulk, Byron85, Caco, Captain-America, Carsinian Thau, Cat82, Catari Jaguar, Caught, cedomination, certifiedcrepe, Charlie., Chorcai, cli2931, Closed ac, collegemum, ColSheehan, ComputerKing, concussion, Conor108, coolmoose, cooper90, cork94, Corkgirl18, Corvo Attano, CptMackey, crow_eat_crow, ctrl-alt-delete, Curlyhatescurls, cypharius, D'Agger, D2D, D4RK ONION, Da Shins Kelly, Dacelonid, dahamsta, Das Kitty, davem75, daveyboy_1ie, DazMarz, dee o gee, deise_girl, delaad, Dero, Diabhal Beag, Diabhal_Glas, dilallio, DirkVoodoo, DL Saint, DnBMoloney24, DOC09UNAM, donegal11, dr.bollocko, DubArk, Dublin4Life, dudara, Dull and Boring, dyeti, ED E, El Siglo, Eliot Rosewater, ellybabes, enda1, entropi, Eoin247, Epicurus, errlloyd, EuropeanSon, falan, fauxshow, Flickka, Fluorescence, Foxx92, Frank Grimes, FridaysWell, g'em, Gaw_, gearoidof, GeturGun, giggsy664, Gilligan.Mark, Gillington, greenbetty69, greener greene, Gurgle, G_R, harryd2, Healium, Hippo, Hogzy, Insect Overlord, IrishTonyO, IRLConor, IronGirl92, IvyTheTerrible, IzzyWizzy, J.D.R, Jackobyte, jackofalltrades, jaffa20, Jako8, JEBUS 1, Jev/N, Jijsaw, Joe_Dull, jonski, jumpguy, K-9, k99_64, Kazuma, keenan110, Keogg, KevR, Killer Pigeon, KKV, Korvanica, Kurtosis, Lady, LadyGaga!, LadyW, lafors, Larianne, LAVADUDE, Leeg17, Liam Byrne, Liamario, Lia_lia, LittleBook, Liveit, looksee, lucybrown, magneticimpulse, Making It Bad, MangoMachine, Marcus, MavisDavis, Max Power1, MayoExplosion, McGarnagle92, mehfesto, Melena, Menengroth™, metalgear2k2, MiamiMortimer, Midnight_EG, millenniumlady, Millicent, mink_man, MitchKoobski, mitresize5, Mizu_Ger, MomijiHime, monosharp, Morlar, Mr Cawley, Mr Freeze, Mr. G, msbrightside, MultiUmm, munkymanmatt, Newaglish, Niall09, nobbo, NORTH1, notnem, Nuri Sahin, one2one, Ordinary man, ordinary_girl, OxfordComma, Pal, paperclip2, Papillon!, Parawhore.xD, patar, pfannkuchen, PictureFrame, pinkdaisy, piratequeen, PJTierney, Plek Trum, PMan, Poxyshamrock, prinz, Propane Nightmare, Proxy, ps3man, Pygmalion, qz, rainbow kirby, Raiser, randylonghorn, Raspberries, rebel girl 15, Reckle, Reeni, regi, RHJ, RHunce, Ri_Nollaig, rockmongrel, rogers4815, ronkmonster, Rothmans, RoyalMarine, Rubberlegs, SadieSue, Sarn, sceptre, Scrambled egg, SD7792, sdanseo, Seloth, Shane101, sheep-go-baa, Sir Ophiuchus, sKepTics_George, Skid, Slogger Jogger, Smcgie, snooleen, soccymonster, Sparks, Speak Now, spider guardian, splish, Stark, SteelyDanJalapeno, stick-dan, SugarRush, SuperInfinity, SV, TanG411, Tender Hoop, Tet2015, The Corinthian, thebman, thecleverone, TheGreatOne, The_Dazzler, The_Minister, the_syco, thomond2006, Ticktactoe, tinkerbell, tmc86, tolosenc, TouchingVirus, tracker-man, trapsagenius, triple-M, TrixIrl, Trojan, true-or-false, Turtwig, Twee., unknown13, Varik, Verance, WanderingSoul, wonderfulname, wonton, yawnstretch, zam, ZorbaTehZ
12-06-2010, 14:31   #8
Leeg17

Quote:
Originally Posted by challengemaster View Post
Actually, it might. Due to the bell curve they want every year, if loads of people cheat, the marking scheme becomes much harder for those who don't, making it unfair for them.

Also, They could also be cheating someone else out of a fair, deserved college spot.

So yes, at the end of the day, it affects everyone else. Report the ***** and I hope every single one is banned from state exams.
If I could thank twice, I would.
(2) thanks from:
12-06-2010, 14:35   #9
LadyGaga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by challengemaster View Post

I agree with this so much. People don't even realise that it indirectly affects them. If you feel the need to cheat, then you shouldn't be sitting the Leaving Cert.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-06-2010, 14:53   #10
Samskeyti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostFamous View Post
Don't be a snitch. Concentrate on your own performance in the exams.
So I shouldn't be a "snitch", I should just let people who do **** all work during school then do great in the most important exam of our lives get away with it? Why do people see it as snitching? Everyone needs to grow a pair and stamp out low lives like these, not just let them on with cheating and thinking they don't count when it comes to playing by the rules. So with all do respect I don't believe you calling me a snitch is helpful, ta.

Concentrating on my own exams is good advice but it's very difficult when this issue is such an annoyance.
12-06-2010, 14:57   #11
LutherBlissett

If I were you, I would stop focusing on this, and concentrate on my own efforts. Control the controllables.

The more time you spend complaining on a forum, the less time you are spending at study.

I also wouldn't have this conversation on the internet. If you feel there is a problem with cheating in your school, raise it with, and only with, the school authorities and the superintendent. It is a private disciplinary matter for the school, not a public forum.
12-06-2010, 14:59   #12
watevertrevor

you should DEFINITELY report it. the people who have'nt cheated like me and you will be the ones who suffer because of the dishonest people who do. i haven't worked my as* off for somebody else who's lazy to take my place in college. its not fair.
people like them should be BANNED from sitting the exams and i hope they are. dont listen to the people who say not to be a snitch. stand up for yourself and all of us and do whats right.
12-06-2010, 14:59   #13
double GG

OFC "snitch" on them.

Lets take it into perspective.

A guy who puts in 5 hours of study a day for the last 5 months.

A guy who did nothing for the last 2 years and cheats.

The guy who cheats, gets the final college place instead of the other guy, which could possibly be me or you

Its pretty awful, that people would even cheat in it. I hope they do get caught, and can't repeat for 7 years I think it is. You may aswell, perhaps privately pass on a letter to the supervisor and/or teachers etc. They will obviously follow the patterns of these lads going to the toilet. Do tell, dont keep it quiet anyhow.
12-06-2010, 15:04   #14
bytey
Banned

i think its best you find some way of reporting this - but use someone you know you can trust
- hate to say it -
but its not beyond the bounds of reason for the invigilators to be paid off to turn a blind eye but knowing full well whats going on .

what youare describing sound like a pre arranged setup to me .

the leaving cheater goes on to cheat in college , then cheat in work
they get found out in the end , but alot of people suffer long the way
12-06-2010, 15:05   #15
AlmostFamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samskeyti View Post
So I shouldn't be a "snitch", I should just let people who do **** all work during school then do great in the most important exam of our lives get away with it? Why do people see it as snitching? Everyone needs to grow a pair and stamp out low lives like these, not just let them on with cheating and thinking they don't count when it comes to playing by the rules. So with all do respect I don't believe you calling me a snitch is helpful, ta.

Concentrating on my own exams is good advice but it's very difficult when this issue is such an annoyance.
Admittedly my use of the word snitch was a bit harsh and I apologize for it. However, I still feel you shouldn't expose the cheating by your fellow peers. It is not your responsibilty that they are cheating. I wouldn't be able to expose my friends and fellow peers if I was aware that they were cheating. I feel that the risk they take by cheating is wreckless and that somewhere down the line the cheater's faults will be exposed.
Thread Closed