Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Winter returns next week

• 25-03-2010 5:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

So changes are about to occur and a relapse back to wintry weather is a very real posssibility by Monday with frost and ice and a bitter Northerly wind set to return. Where uncertainty arises is in what form snow occurs - showers or a longer period of sleet and snow. But it is a real possibility that many areas will see snow at least for the beginning of next week and possibly through the week but much more uncertain after Tuesday.

Rtavn1082.png

gfs-0-114.png?12

More later.

Comments

• Keep posting!
    Everytime you do it lately we get spring :D [which by the way I'm delighted with].

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Im a bit more certain this time - though in fairness I did say two weeks ago there was a snow risk next week. How flukey is that?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

yes this is great and xc weather have upgraded my max to 3c from monday onwards!!! and snow showers all day too! plz stay to sunday!!! aww and grat the stupid time goes ahead on sunday!! why cant they keep it the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Fantastic!! nice to see snow potential at this stage, bring it on:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

****e

I want some real warmth at this stage with some big bastard storms.

Snow can go to hell for all I care at this time of year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Latest ECM chart for 120 hours (NE winds with plenty of precipitation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think the chances of the GFS scenario verifying are less than we're making out. It always takes cold 850s too far south, so I think we'll see major downgrades over the weekend. The ECMWF and UKMO would suggest this too, though there's huge uncertainty among them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

108713.png

Positioning and depth of that low seems very uncertain over the last few runs. Will probably deepen, fill and shift location in later runs, but as it stands currently, that chart would bring genuinely nasty feeling weather with cold rain/showers with some sloopy wet sleety type snow at times on the northern edge of the occlusion.

Half weather as opposed to full on.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

****e

LoL Post of the day..... and I couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

****e

go to hell paddy1 - oh wait you are already there by living in Tuam:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Trust Darkman for the controversial eye opening thread titles albeit exaggerated :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

There is nothing exaggerated about it, nor any of my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jean mentioned nothing about cold. Maybe her presence was keeping the temps un-naturaly high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Joe Public

mike65 wrote: »
    Jean mentioned nothing about cold. Maybe her presence was keeping the temps un-naturaly high.

Her shiny silver ice cold number is in for a polish and shine:D

well im begging to death that it snows! EDIT: warning out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

owenc wrote: »
    well im begging to death that it snows!

Owen !! You live !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Met Eireann follow in the steps of darkman2.....

Weather warning: Issued at 26 March 2010 - 13:50
    Cold Snap
    A spell of very cold wintry weather will set in early next week, with frosty nights and some sleet and snow in places. The cold snap is likely to persist until the end of the week.

Valid from: 00:00 29/3/2010
    Valid to: 09:00 02/4/2010

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Min wrote: »
    Met Eireann follow in the steps of darkman2.....

Weather warning: Issued at 26 March 2010 - 13:50
    Cold Snap
    A spell of very cold wintry weather will set in early next week, with frosty nights and some sleet and snow in places. The cold snap is likely to persist until the end of the week.

Valid from: 00:00 29/3/2010
    Valid to: 09:00 02/4/2010

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp

nooooo!!!! its not fair!

it was a nightmare at work. theres no heating in the place. jeez...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Should be quite interesting this, hopefully the front will clear and allow for bubbly convective hail/sleet/snow thunderstorms to develop over land :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

No more Ice and snow please . I just planted a load of plants in my garden and put down a load of Grass seed

( Had to rake up all the yellow dead grass from the last Ice Age )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

hi all great to see a sniff of cold again, how about a mad storm and snow DE you like? anyhow anyone know weather forecast or general idea for april 17th in galway,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

anyhow anyone know weather forecast or general idea for april 17th in galway,

It will be partly cloudy in the morning with mist clearing by 11:13. Should be bright and sunny by 14:33 but rain will settle in by 17:41 and last for about 56 minutes. The rest of the evening should then be clear skies. Minimum temp of 9c and a high of 15c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭GSF

anyhow anyone know weather forecast or general idea for april 17th in galway,
    given that it rains 360 days a year, I'm guessing it wont be dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

It will be partly cloudy in the morning with mist clearing by 11:13. Should be bright and sunny by 14:33 but rain will settle in by 17:41 and last for about 56 minutes. The rest of the evening should then be clear skies. Minimum temp of 9c and a high of 15c.

is this for real or piss pull, either way:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

is this for real or piss pull, either way:D

No it's accurate. I seen a frog swimming upside down and backwards in the pond out my backyard. So i put him in the microwave and then used a formula based upon length of time to explode and volume of left over residue to calculate a 100% foolproof forecast for April 17th in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

No more Ice and snow please . I just planted a load of plants in my garden and put down a load of Grass seed

( Had to rake up all the yellow dead grass from the last Ice Age )

Saw the met weather warning as I was about to plant out my 80 broad bean plants. ....carefully grown indoors in trays and hardened off.

Thank you met...

Needless to say am keeping them in. Back in the house they will come now too.

Thankful I got diverted by finding frogspawn here. :D

Else I would have been digging them up again..That is too much to lose. It really is. We need spring now and warmth.

Anyone who seeks snow and ice at this time of year needs help... Or a plane ticket to somewhere different. Or maybe both. ;)

The trees are still bare and it is nearly April; snowdrops only just fading.

It has been so beautiful not to be cold.

May the cold snap be short. And warmth blossom the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

darkman2 wrote: »
    There is nothing exaggerated about it, nor any of my posts.
    I take it back ,let the snow fall and us all have a white easter :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd love a bit of snow :) Although just for a few days then it would be nice to have sunny weather again.

I'd love a bit of snow :) Although just for a few days then it would be nice to have sunny weather again.

Yea I agree would love an inch or two of snow, snow showers inbetween sunshine and then temps around 2-3c at day and -4 or so at night so cool by day and cold or so at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭arctictree

Graces7 wrote: »
    Saw the met weather warning as I was about to plant out my 80 broad bean plants. ....carefully grown indoors in trays and hardened off.

Thank you met...

Needless to say am keeping them in. Back in the house they will come now too.

Thankful I got diverted by finding frogspawn here. :D

Else I would have been digging them up again..That is too much to lose. It really is. We need spring now and warmth.

Anyone who seeks snow and ice at this time of year needs help... Or a plane ticket to somewhere different. Or maybe both. ;)

The trees are still bare and it is nearly April; snowdrops only just fading.

It has been so beautiful not to be cold.

May the cold snap be short. And warmth blossom the land.

Your broad beans should be OK. I planted mine out this week and they are doing fine. They are very frost hardy.

Might get a day or two of surprise snow next week!

Advertisement