Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-02-2010, 11:58   #1
KamiKazi
Banned
 
KamiKazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,035
THIS is bunnyhopping



This^ is not possible in Call of Duty games. Next time I see some d1ck whining about bunnyhoppers I'm just going to link them to this thread.

soz4owned
cy@ etc etc
KamiKazi is offline  
Advertisement
26-02-2010, 12:19   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20,872
Excuse my ignorance, but whats bunnyhopping?
And what is this video for?
Tallon is offline  
26-02-2010, 12:29   #3
Penn
Registered User
 
Penn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 25,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but whats bunnyhopping?
And what is this video for?
It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit. Have no idea what the game is though. Looks pants to be honest
Penn is offline  
26-02-2010, 12:31   #4
KamiKazi
Banned
 
KamiKazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyirishman85 View Post
It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit.
Oh dear god.

*suicides*
KamiKazi is offline  
(5) thanks from:
26-02-2010, 12:32   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 20,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyirishman85 View Post
It seems that bunnyhopping is constantly jumping to reduce the chances of being hit. Have no idea what the game is though. Looks pants to be honest
I know what the game is, its CS, but I dont know what it has to do with CoD.
I could understand if people here were giving out about 'bunnyhopping' in CoD but I've never even heard the term before

heres what Bunnyhopping is
Tallon is offline  
Advertisement
26-02-2010, 12:34   #6
voxpop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,784
The game is counter-strike. One of the games that made online gaming the huge phenomenon it is today.


You cant bunnyhop in COD - they developed it that way
voxpop is offline  
26-02-2010, 12:37   #7
James Forde
Registered User
 
James Forde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiKazi View Post
Oh dear god.

*suicides*
Looks at name *facepalm*


Last edited by James Forde; 26-02-2010 at 14:11.
James Forde is online now  
26-02-2010, 13:52   #8
Genghiz Cohen
Registered User
 
Genghiz Cohen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,031
In CSS you can hop in a certan way that allows you to travel at speeds far greater than running. That is bunnyhopping. Jumping around corners to avoid getting headshot is not.
Genghiz Cohen is offline  
26-02-2010, 14:14   #9
Oafley Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghiz Cohen View Post
In CSS you can hop in a certan way that allows you to travel at speeds far greater than running. That is bunnyhopping. Jumping around corners to avoid getting headshot is not.
I don't think the strict CSS definition applies anymore. At this stage it seems to encompass using the jump key to gain any advantage whether that's avoiding getting hit or travelling faster.
Oafley Jones is offline  
Advertisement
26-02-2010, 15:08   #10
GavRedKing
Registered User
 
GavRedKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51,296
Ive seen people try bunny hopping in MW1 and MW2. It seemed to be more wide spread in MW1 though. I dont think there is much of an advantage to it, any time ive seen it the guys are using shotguns going around corners and even without bunny hopping id fancy that coming around the corner with a shotgun you have an automatic advanatge.
GavRedKing is offline  
Thanks from:
26-02-2010, 15:11   #11
Oafley Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavredking View Post
Ive seen people try bunny hopping in MW1 and MW2. It seemed to be more wide spread in MW1 though. I dont think there is much of an advantage to it, any time ive seen it the guys are using shotguns going around corners and even without bunny hopping id fancy that coming around the corner with a shotgun you have an automatic advanatge.
For some reason it seemed to be rampant in WAW, there always seemed to be a least one guy hopping around the place.
Oafley Jones is offline  
26-02-2010, 19:59   #12
Seifer
Registered User
 
Seifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,150
I wanna add quick scoping to the list.
You can't quick scope in CoD.

Quick scoping again originates from CS and is where it was quicker to swap to your pistol and back to your awp (after firing a shot) than it was to let it zoom out, work the bolt and zoom back in.

Last edited by Seifer; 26-02-2010 at 20:01.
Seifer is offline  
27-02-2010, 01:23   #13
James74
Registered User
 
James74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 859
I lost about two years of my education between that feckin' game and DoD when Source and Steam were still a distant dream. Still wear my [DoGs] Clan jacket today. Yes I'm old and sad....
James74 is offline  
Thanks from:
27-02-2010, 03:08   #14
Sod'o swords
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,717
You know times have changed when people haven't seen CS before.
Sod'o swords is offline  
03-03-2010, 16:45   #15
sierra117x
Registered User
 
sierra117x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
I don't think the strict CSS definition applies anymore. At this stage it seems to encompass using the jump key to gain any advantage whether that's avoiding getting hit or travelling faster.
couldnt the same be said for ducking or lying down when under fire ? i dont really see the issue with it hardly makes much difference
sierra117x is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet