Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In the Noclight: trowelled

• 14-02-2010 8:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok! ... as promised, it's the queen of the double entendre, the delver after mysteries, the dancing dervish of the Nocturnal forum!!!

Iiiiittttttttt'ssss ................. trowelled!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Yay :)

What your getting ready to go out dancing music?

Whats your Tv turn off?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

How much of your fist can you fit in your mouth

How tall are you

Favourite car

Favourite name

Favourite crisp

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yay!!

Are you doing a happy dance??:P

Can you throw people down the stairs without them hitting a step?? :P

Drink of choice??

What's your 'never fails to cheer you up' song??

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

emo!! wrote: »
    Yay :)

Yay, twinny

What your getting ready to go out dancing music?

Hmmm good question.. These days I tend to get ready in such a hurry that I don't listen to music as such when getting ready. If I did listen to music I'd never be ready in time cos I'd get distracted dancing to it. Sad but true

Whats your Tv turn off?

My TV turn off would have to be Big Brother.

How much of your fist can you fit in your mouth?

Not a lot tbh. Only as far as my knuckle. But that's because my hands are ridiculously big due to all the trowelling. I have what is referred to as trowelling muscles.

How tall are you?

Hmmm I've never actually measured my height. Think I'm about 5"8

Favourite car?

Don't know it's proper name but I've always wanted a 60s VW bus. It's always been my dream to travel around America in one

Favourite name?

My real name. Only because Urban dictionary tells me that I'm like infinitiely more awesome than any other person. That's where I got my sig from:D

Joking aside I've always loved either Emma or Emily

Favourite crisp

Hunky Dorys Buffalo possibly. But I can be fickle bout these sort of things

• Advertisement

What do you think about artists having two songs out at the same time

eg katy perry

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Hi Hi there:)

Most awesome experience you've had ever?

What other username would you have chosen if trowelled was taken?

Favourite colour?

Describe yourself in five words...

Favourite style of dance?

Can i still be in the dance group? i dont care if i'm at the back:p

What is the awesomator and how did it come about

Are you doing a happy dance??:P

Don't I always? :D

Can you throw people down the stairs without them hitting a step?? :P

Yep I've perfected it now. For a while there they were hitting the last step but now they go the whole way down

Drink of choice??

Varies so often. I don't have a particular one. Vodka is a real winner though. Oh and I do love those long island iced teas but only when it's made with lemon and lime and not sweet and sourz mix!

What's your 'never fails to cheer you up' song??

Brucie's Dancing in the Dark

Pter wrote: »
    What do you think about artists having two songs out at the same time

eg katy perry

Katy Perry has two songs out?? Couldn't tell you what they are

I wouldn't be too bothered by it tbh. Let them off I say. If they feel the need to release two at the same time then why not.
    What is the awesomator and how did it come about

THe awesomator is a ride for all the cool kids. But don't get too excited kiddies, height restrictions apply.

If memory serves me correctly it was you who came up with it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

As it's coming up - Are you a fan of pancakes and what's your fav topping?

Do you dance at home in your room?

What time of night do you love?

What's you're favourite pair of shoes?

How much do you hate being mixed up with a geologist/palaeontologist?

What is your favourite science based thing

What do you think the funniest name for a body part is

Could two skeletons mate in your opinion (the skeletons are magical and animated and such).

Favourite place to be

Where do you wanna live in the future

Hi Hi there:)

Most awesome experience you've had ever?

Hmmm possibly would have to be being in Croke Park when Tipp won the All-Ireland hurling final back in 2001. Oh and drinking with the team in Roddy Bolands the next day.

What other username would you have chosen if trowelled was taken?

Probably Noodles

Favourite colour?

Pastel blue. Though I do love green and purple too. Though not when they come together and that thing yoke of a dinosaur is created. Flaming Barney *shakes fist*

Describe yourself in five words...

Oooh this is always tough for me cos I hate talking about myself.

Quiet, un-selfish, giver, generous, sensitive

Favourite style of dance?

Don't really have one. However, if there is one dance I'd love to learn it would be a jive.

Can i still be in the dance group? i dont care if i'm at the back:p

Yeah you can assist Koth. I don't care what he says, he WILL dance

Will you ever get rid of your delusions that I'll dance one day??

Ever found buried tresure on a dig?? Or China??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How did you get your scars?

Who do you fancy for the slalom doubles in Vancouver?

Does this shirt look good on me?

What's the biggest confession you've ever had to make?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

star-pants wrote: »

As it's coming up - Are you a fan of pancakes and what's your fav topping?

Oh yes I absolutely love them. *Drool*

It would either be the classic butter, sugar and lemon or bacon and maple syrup

Do you dance at home in your room?

Lol, I do indeed. If only it were bigger though:( I also dance in the kitchen and the sitting room. Sitting room gives me lots of freedom to spin to my heart's content.

What time of night do you love?

It would probably be between 12 and 2. Don't know why but I usually am most content then. Maybe it's cos that's when I get left in peace:D

What's you're favourite pair of shoes?

I have a pair of balck shoes that I'm forever in on night's out. I got them in New Look a couple years back. They're relatively high but they're uber comfortable. They close with a lace. I always have to have shoes with either a lace or a strap as I can't walk in ones that don't cos they fall off my feet so easily. It'd far too much of a headwreck having to stop every 3 steps to put the shoe back on

How much do you hate being mixed up with a geologist/palaeontologist?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That should convey my thoughts on this. It really annoys me when people say to me "oh yeah you do be digging up those dinosaurs". No, no I don't. I have nothing to do with dinosaurs. I hate the things. Sorry to all those palaeontologists out there for that but I have zero interest in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What pisses trowelled off about society?

What's your verdict on UCD; yay or nay?

Am I really that small?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

trowelled wrote: »
    Favourite car?

Don't know it's proper name but I've always wanted a 60s VW bus. It's always been my dream to travel around America in one

That'd be a VW Type 2 T1. ;)

Anywho.. back to the grilling (mmm... i'm a bit hungry now :pac:)

What's your favourite song of all time?

You're stranded on an island and can bring three things with you... what are they?

Coffee or Tea?

What is your favourite science based thing

I don't do science. Goes way over my head

What do you think the funniest name for a body part is

Will have to come back to this because my mind is drawing a blank

Could two skeletons mate in your opinion (the skeletons are magical and animated and such).

Dude I don't wanna know :p

Favourite place to be

Would probably be my bed cos then I can curl up and sleep away my troubles

Where do you wanna live in the future

I actually don't know the answer to this. Do I have to grow up?:D
    koth wrote: »

Will you ever get rid of your delusions that I'll dance one day??

Heh, not a chance

Ever found buried tresure on a dig?? Or China??:P

Ha ha, sometimes I did feel like I was digging my way to Chine. HTere have been some considerable depths of crap that I have dug up. Although sometimes, in the crappy weather, there's nothing better than diggin out a section of a ditch.

There has been no treasure sadly. Been on a couple of sites where there were some spectacular finds. There was one site where over 100 Neolithic stone axes found. That was a great site to work on.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

How did you get your scars?

I only have one scar which is on my right middle finger (there is a lso a trace of a scar on right forefinger, from same incident). It was due to a dgging accident before I was ever interested in archaeology. It was when I was a child and for some reason we were digging holes in the back garden. I was scooping out some dirt when one of the other kids dug the shovel into the hole getting my fingers in the process

Who do you fancy for the slalom doubles in Vancouver?

There was a time when I took a keen interest in the winter olympics. This year I couldn't tell you who was competing (apart from the fact we are in the bob sleigh).

Does this shirt look good on me?

Most definitely. I trust you have good taste

What's the biggest confession you've ever had to make?

Nope, still haven't owned up to my mother that it was me who scribbled all over the cover of her Bay City Rollers record

Last movie you saw??
    Last book you read??

All time favourite tv show??

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Right now I can't answer this seriously because my father is playing a pretend saxophone beside me. I wish I was kidding. It's ever so distracting. I will come back to it. But remind me as I have a tendency to forget with my head being like a sieve

What's your verdict on UCD; yay or nay?

I didn't really have a problem with it. The archaeology dept was really good and I was privileged to be taught by some of those in the dept. I didn't really like the history dept though. Thet focused far too much on political history and not much on social history. I'm all about social history. I flaming hate politics.

Am I really that small?

Well you ain't tall enough to get on the awesomator :p

Ah you know we're only kidding with you. You're not that small. You're just smaller than me is all:)
    Dord wrote: »
    That'd be a VW Type 2 T1. ;)

Thanking you for that

What's your favourite song of all time?

God I'm not sure I can answer this. Oooh this is tough. I can't have just one cos I have fave songs for all different reasons. It can also depend on where my mood takes me.

I was gonna try answer this but I've decided it's just far too difficult.

You're stranded on an island and can bring three things with you... what are they?

My copy of Catch-22, so I can have a good giggle.
    Mp3 player
    My trowel

Coffee or Tea?

Impossible to choose between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Do you regret doing archaeology :D

Last movie you saw??

Last movie I saw was Ghost. My sister made me sit through it last night

Last book you read??

Jack Kerouac's "Big Sur"

All time favourite tv show??

Hmm toughie. Possibly Band of Brothers. I loves me my war stuff
    Grimes wrote: »
    Do you regret doing archaeology :D

Lol.

There was many a rainy day when I thought "what the hell am I doing?". I do not regret doing archaeology at all. I really wish I could make a career out of it. Why can't I just spend my life researching medieval towns whilst also getting paid for it.??:D

Recently I've been feeling sad about archaeology and the fact that some moronic driver has meant I may never be able to work on site for a very long time. Makes me angry and sad. To say I hate him would be an understatement of the highest order

trowelled wrote:
    Hmm toughie. Possibly Band of Brothers. I loves me my war stuff

Great choice;)

Can you play any musical instruments??
    If you could be a super-powered animal, what animal would you be and what would be your powers??

Great choice;)

That show rocked. I must get it on dvd. I only have it on VHS and my video player is no longer hooked up. I could watch it over and over

Can you play any musical instruments??

No, sadly. I have always wanted to be able to play an instrument. I tried to learn the guitar but I failed miserable. I jsut can't do it. I'd love to play the saxophone. My grandad was a saxophonist. Sadly he passed away before I was born. Tis a shame because, not only because I never got to meet him, but also because I never got to hear him play or get him to teach me how to play. Maybe I'll get my Dad to teach me how to play the fake saxophone:D

I did try to teach myself the piano on my sister's little casio keyboard. I got our music book from primary school out. I could sort of play the Sally Gardens, how sad is that! If I understood how to read music properly I would have nailed that book

If you could be a super-powered animal, what animal would you be and what would be your powers??

Hmmm perhaps a teleporting dancing meerkat, just because. It'd inflict dancing on you. No way out then. Oh and I just wanna be able to teleport cos it's just awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Do you like cake? If so, whats your favourite type?

Whats your favourite type of cheese?

What would you like your last words to be?

What is the circumfrence of a moose?

If 3 is the magic number, what the hell is 81?

Whats your favourite song at the moment?

Whats your favourite emoticon?

When the zombies come, where will you be found making your stand? And what will be your weapon of choice?

Yes or No?

What would you do if confronted by a serial killer tuna?

Whats your favourite number?

Toasty113 wrote: »

Do you like cake? If so, whats your favourite type?

Yes I love cake. Mmm maybe sticky toffee or lemon drizzle.

Whats your favourite type of cheese?

This is a toughie. I do love gorgonzola, delicious. But then sometimes I'm in the mood for a really strong cheddar and then sometimes I want a bit of brie or camembert (could so go for some deep fried brie with a redcurrant jelly right now). Me being at the cheesecounter is like a child in a sweetshop

What would you like your last words to be?

"The cheese finally got me". That way I'll have died eaten that oh so amazing foodstuff.

What is the circumfrence of a moose?

I'll go find one and come back and tell you when I'm done ;)

If 3 is the magic number, what the hell is 81?

A darn good age to get to or 18 backwards

Whats your favourite song at the moment?

Well I've been singing Phil Oakley's "Electric Dreams" all day so it would have to be that. Total cheese but hey... and so not what you meant

As for what my fave song out at the moment I don't really know. I'm so not hip with the current music. I tend to listen to oldies

Whats your favourite emoticon?

:D Lets all spread some laughter

When the zombies come, where will you be found making your stand? And what will be your weapon of choice?

I'll probably be on a dancefloor. I shall have a mattock with me cos the archaeologis within me knows damn well how to use a mattock

Yes or No?

No

What would you do if confronted by a serial killer tuna?

Eat it

Whats your favourite number?

It has always been 3

trowelled wrote: »

Right now I can't answer this seriously because my father is playing a pretend saxophone beside me. I wish I was kidding. It's ever so distracting. I will come back to it. But remind me as I have a tendency to forget with my head being like a sieve

^ Ahem. :pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ^ Ahem. :pac:

What pisses me off about society?

There's a lot that annoys me. Everyday I come acrosss something new that really bothers me. At the moment my biggest annoyance would be selfish drivers. Those who only think of themselves on the road and to hell with everybody else's safety. "That's a red light? Ah sure I'll go through it."

I hate rude, ignorant people. I hate loudmouths that always have to be the centre of attention. Like if there is a big group of people out there is usually one who has to be heard over everyone else. Those people bug the crap out of me.

I hate people who take advantage of other's kindness. Just because someone's being generous and nice does not give you the right to walk all over them.

I hate those who do what they please and to hell with how it affects everyone else. Those idiots that decide to steal your car just so they can get a kick out of it. Doesn't matter about the poor person who owns the car

There's lots more but I'll leave it at that for now

• Advertisement

Realistically, would you go back to college if there was a course that really caught your interest?

The world is facing obliteration, pick your team of five to save it.

What do you like and dislike most about boards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement