Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BCD /Regs / Cylinder

• 29-01-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Would anyone have a Large BCD / a set of Regs / and a Cylinder 12ltr I am only starting to get going in diving and I am sure you know how expensive the Equipment is these are the last items I need but I need them as cheap as possible.

Cheers

Jimmy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cipher

Hi Jimmy,

www.divegear.ie have two cylinders for sale at the moment.

1 12ltr and 1 15ltr both in 232bar. (€165 & €185). Both are in test until 2011.

I remember getting an email there a while ago from oceandivers.ie telling about selling off rental equipment.

Even if that has passed, it might be an idea to contact some PADI clubs around, and look at some ex rental material.

How much were you looking to spend?

If you have a few spare minutes, look around some of the main scubastore sites: www.scubastore.com www.simplyscuba.com www.lucasdivestore.com

If you have an idea on what equipment you like, i find www.scubaboard.com great for getting some good feedback or you can post messages to the manufactures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 galloway.jimmy@

Thanks very much Cipher I have my PADI since 2006 but have joined a Club since November and doing CFT I passed my Pool test the other night and have done my visit to the local doctor and all is fine I did not think PADI was that big in Ireland I thought it was more Holiday based Like Turkey and Spain but you learn every day Thanks for the tips on the sites I am planing on spending 200 to 250 tomorrow on a BCD but what make

Cheers Jimmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

As mentioned it's worth looking at divegear.ie , good range of second hand gear up there. As for regs and tanks, check if they're in service... if not factor in the cost of getting that done.

You can click the different categories on the left of the site to browse just for tanks, regs etc.

George at Lambay is very good for servicing if you need it: http://www.lambaydiving.com/

Thanks Foto Joe I have been on Divegear.ie I check the site a couple of times a day I bought a new BCD today in the Greatoutdoors.and have sourced a second hand Tank that in in test till 2011 The regs I have been told to buy new and not to take a chance on second hand ones.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

You could always ask the seller to get the reg serviced and you'd pay the cost.... then if it didn't pass the service you wouldn't take the hit! ;)

• Advertisement

foto joe thanks again I am still going for new may be not the top name as I am only starting out in Diving but it will get me going and I feel safer if I know what the Regs went through.

Cheers

Advertisement