Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2010, 16:51   #1
Lmnover

Motivation.ie - feedback.......worked for me

Hiya
I just wanted to give everyone a bit of encouragement - that its possible to lose weight. I tried everything from Weight watchers, lots of exercise, protein shakes etc etc. I was on a plane back from holidays in September and sitting beside a woman - we got talking and she was telling me about how she lost her weight with motivation.ie - i was skeptical but was so sick of it that i thought i would give it a go.....

I have to say i am so happy i tried - ok i only had a stone to loose but sometimes a small amount of weight is harder. I dont feel deprived on the plan and have a yummy protein chocolate bar every evening which is really something to look forward to....
I was actually told at my last consultation that i was 2lbs underweight and had my allowanced upped! - thats the first time ever that i was told i was underweight and it was very surreal!!
Anyway i know lots of people are skeptical about this plan and other plans but i wanted to give some positive feedback - after 5 weeks i had dropped to my target weight - there is lots of emphasiase on the programme on mental weight and i figured out why i was eating the things i was - when i was and this is why - even over Christmas, i havent put on a pound - i cant believe it!

anyway good luck to all those people desperate to loose weight - it can be done.......happiness is definately a loose waistband!!!
Advertisement
04-01-2010, 17:48   #2
El_Dangeroso

That's great it worked for you but isn't it really expensive? It's basically low carb with a bit of counselling as far as I know but correct me if I'm wrong..
04-01-2010, 18:10   #3
Lmnover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temple_Grandin View Post
That's great it worked for you but isn't it really expensive? It's basically low carb with a bit of counselling as far as I know but correct me if I'm wrong..
Yes thats the kind of comments i got when i logged on to boards.ie before i did the programme but its much more that low carbs - its dealing with the reasons why we eat, pig out, triggers etc.....considering i am now thin and happy I think it was value for money - a bit on the pricey side but i just cut down on a few nights out and a few shopping trips.....i bet if you added up a few failed diet attempts over a few years it would add up!!
Thanks from:
04-01-2010, 21:47   #4
El_Dangeroso

Fair point! there is a cheaper way than dropping 800 smackers though.

Sorry if I'm a bit cynical, just know two people who lost 3 stone+ with motivation but it's all back on now..which is true of any diet, but if I'd spent the best part of a grand on it that would be the kicker
04-01-2010, 22:07   #5
metamorphosis

Im always skeptical. I lost 5 and a half stone through getting up and doing it all myself and educating myself. But if it works for you, who am i to judge.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion