Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-01-2010, 21:42   #1
bonzer1again

Best place to buy Televisions online that ship to Ireland

All,
I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!
Advertisement
03-01-2010, 12:57   #2
FK_10

You should try komplett.ie, they ship to Ireland and have a good range.
03-01-2010, 19:08   #3
bonzer1again

Had a look, Thanks....just my luck they don't have the TV I'm after...any other sites?
04-01-2010, 13:19   #4
TheBigEvil

Try http://www.direct-tvs.co.uk/

I Used them a year ago and bought two 32" tvs a Sony for myself and Samsung for the Father in law.

Good service, prompt delivery, no issues whatsoever. Both TVs still running fine today, and saved quite a few hundred on both TVs compared to thier highstreet price here.

They give an indicative price in EUR, and shipping was only 40-50 extra if I remember correctly.
04-01-2010, 13:22   #5
Chiron

re: Direct-Tvs above, if you call the number provided for the ROI you can haggle and get another few €'s off!
Advertisement
27-01-2010, 01:34   #6
bonzer1again

Thanks Everyone!! TV-Direct gave a good quote....waiting to hear back from richersounds.ie too, in order to compare
Thanks from:
29-01-2010, 03:26   #7
Dr.TV

Check out Pixmania.ie. My TV i bought 2 weeks ago (Samsung LE46B620) Is cheaper on pixmania than directtv's.co.uk. Thats before the bank rip the crap out of your credit card for buying non euro amd give you a crap sterling rate.
29-01-2010, 18:36   #8
cnocbui

I bought a 50" Panasonic plasma on eBay, from a UK seller and they did a brilliant job of shipping it to me.

It was on it's own pallet, strapped upright and then entombed in sticky black plastic like they use to wrap bales, thus further securing it and making it waterproof.

The seller was entertainmentxclusive

Shipping was about £119, which was very reasonable. I had quotes of over £300 and that was just to Dublin and no further.

That seller does not have the set you are looking for, but they do have a Panasonic TX-P50G10 Plasma for £999. This is the model with the inbuilt Freesat HD receiver and glowing reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PANASONIC-TX-P...item2ea9ccfb6b
10-02-2010, 13:22   #9
bealfeirste5

Have you had a look at currys.co.uk?
Advertisement
11-02-2010, 12:18   #10
Ninjakettle

richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.
Thanks from:
11-02-2010, 14:01   #11
MAJJ

+ 1 for richersounds, they will price match too. Also they are involved with the Philips shop in Dublin too and their TVs are winning many awards currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjakettle View Post
richersounds.com They have a presence on this forum and offer discounts to forum members. Basic procedure is to browse the UK site and then contact the irish branch and they'll do a decent rate £ to € conversion for you.
Thanks from:
11-02-2010, 14:11   #12
aidannulty

i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.
17-02-2010, 13:00   #13
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidannulty View Post
i bought a samsung le46a856 tv from here this time last year inc shipping it cost €1200. the same tv in harvey norman was over €2000. The tv is excellent but the shipping took over a week.
Where is here?? RicherSounds.ie?
Thanks from:
20-02-2010, 08:54   #14
aidannulty

sorry for delay in replying. www.1staudiovisual.co.uk
18-11-2010, 14:28   #15
jony_dols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzer1again View Post
All,
I've been looking to buy the Samsung UE40B7020, and obviously I've shopped around on the internet....my problem is this all the shops that are selling it cheap (relatively cheap) don't or won't ship to Ireland.
for example Amazon don't....and there it would have cost around €1200 (which is my budget)...if they delivered....Pixmania will deliver for €1400 as will a few others for around €1400 but at those prices I'd be better buying it from my local shop...so if there are any retailers that will ship to Ireland please let me know!
Use a US price comparison site such as Bizrate.com to find the TV model that you are looking for.

However none of them deliver to Ireland. Don't fear though, because there is an unbelievable service provided by bundlebox.com, they give you an address for their US warehouse (in which you use to buy the TV), and because they have a deal with FedEX, they provide very cheap shipping & they pay the import duties & VAT on the TV for you.

The 3D TV in which bought using this method costs 2200 euro in Harvey Norman. I bought the exact same TV, brand new including Shipment & Import duties icl. VAT (and I got a free wall mount worth $149) for 1475 euro!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion