Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

its a trap(patoni)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pip-irl

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/francecheated/ PLEASE SIGN AND PASS IT ON!!! we should show the world how we feel its being signed by people all over the world

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

france were awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Well done to the Irish lads, they did us proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If Henry had any honesty or integrity about him, he would have done a Di Canio on it and admitted to the ref that he handled it. Retrospective decisions need to be introduced, one look at the replay on the big screen and the ref could have seen it was a clear hand ball. It would have taken a matter of seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I hope Henry is banned and does not go to the world cup. I think that could be the only just outcome of this now. FIFA have it in their power, now lets see if they have the balls to do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Mrmoe wrote: »
    I hope Henry is banned and does not go to the world cup. I think that could be the only just outcome of this now. FIFA have it in their power, now lets see if they have the handballs to do something about it.

:p

It's not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last!

but, Thats life....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

Mask wrote: »
    Well done to the Irish lads, they did us proud.

To quoue another poster from a locked thread:

proud of what? the inability to win a match against a team that was trying their best to lose! moral victories are fucking useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭j1smithy

pip-irl wrote: »
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/francecheated/ PLEASE SIGN AND PASS IT ON!!! we should show the world how we feel its being signed by people all over the world

YES! An online petition will get the result of the match changed. Why didn't I think of that?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

j1smithy wrote: »

proud of what? the inability to win a match against a team that was trying their best to lose! moral victories are fucking useless

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭livindadream

as horrible as it was to see henry celebrate like that after the handball goal... its the ref and linesmen that annoyed me!! if there ever was a time to introduce video reffiing in footy this has to be it.

cant help but notice how FIFA are editing their site to not have any mention of this handball....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,622 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Petitions wont do anything: Come on. Its Populism. IF every country did it it would be a matter of Majority Rules and etc. etc.

Im sure Irish officials will exhaust every normal channel and every FIFA by-law to see if anything can be done, but dont put your hope in an online petition: They rarely (if ever?) work.

j1smithy wrote: »

Can you explain how France were trying to lose that match?? Just because a team play bad this means they're trying to lose??:confused::confused:

I, too, am proud of the team, thought they were brilliant tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

j1smithy - get back on your boat will yah

Great effort tonight lads

Bloody hell this threads been open 10 minutes and not one sorry Tag :mad:
    No pun intended! Honestly. /edit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I am not entirely sure how it works but is there no way there could be a rematch?

What is the most likely thing to happen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Wait 'til next year and watch the French lose out in the group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

now that we have a thread we're allowed post in, its no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

This is why they should bring in video refs for goals.

The most annoying thing of it all was that the irish lads stopped playing and threw up their hands to signal a handball, all the while a goal was being scored. Imagine if it was their faith in the system that allowed for the goal (which seemed possible to me when i looked at the replays). A system which then completely betrayed their trust mere seconds later.

What I'd like to see is a personal apology from the cheater himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Wish I had a French girlfriend to take my frustration out on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 davey boy

Proud of the way they played. Cant see the French going too far in the world cup though.

Maybe olympic handball.

I am not entirely sure how it works but is there no way there could be a rematch?

Well, I honestly dont know. Henry even acknowledges the Hand Ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8367588.stm (Audio Clip)

apparently when Henry spoke to the ref about it the ref responded "You're not the Ref."

:eek::confused:

btw I didnt get to see the goal so youtube vid asap plzthx

Overheal wrote: »
    Well, I honestly dont know. Henry even acknowledges the Hand Ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8367588.stm (Audio Clip)

He tries to condone it which rubs salt into the wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thanks for the lol. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

TheZohan wrote: »
    Folks you can post away in this thread, and this thread alone, about tonights match.

Prefer a lighter ............. at least it won't handle my balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭livindadream

he must have picked up a bit of GAA during his time at Croker ...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm really happy for you Thierry and I'ma let you finish but Maradona did one of the best handballs OF ALL TIME!!

mikom wrote: »
    Prefer a lighter ............. at least it won't handle my balls

Can I borrow that? I have a couple of effigies I want to burn.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    btw I didnt get to see the goal so youtube vid asap plzthx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement