Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-11-2009, 15:14   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by analbumcover View Post
Well having been in the same exact situation I suggest you stay away from her all together. Right now, her behavior is making the living situation untenable so it's just as well she's moving out.
Thats the problem - she says she won't be moving until well after Christmas, its just a gut feeling of mine that she will go. I'm going to wait and see but I'm keeping an eye out for a new place too.
Advertisement
03-11-2009, 15:35   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelFox View Post
Thats the problem - she says she won't be moving until well after Christmas, its just a gut feeling of mine that she will go. I'm going to wait and see but I'm keeping an eye out for a new place too.
Okay, well in that case I would send a registered letter to the landlord giving a detailed account of what has taken place and that as a result of her behavior the living situation has become untenable and explain the impact her behavior has had on you. You said she sent you insulting txt messages, yes? Transcribe them word for in quotes in the letter, it sounds like her behavior is very anti-social. Sending a registered letter has an impact, it means you're serious. Give him a couple of days to reply either in writing or in person, and if the situation is still not resolved then I highly suggest you take this matter to Threshold and the PRTB. These are conflict resolution services, and this sure is a conflict!

Lastly, the letter serves as documentation if you leave abruptly and move to another apartment. No one can expect you to keep on living with a psycho for weeks on end. Please note that if you leave, and the landlord has your deposit, you won't have much hope of getting it back... unless you use it as the last month's rent.
03-11-2009, 16:15   #18

I've had the landlord into mediate already, to be honest he dosen't seem to care. I've offered to show him the messages and he's declined. When he was round last night he said he dosen't feel any anti-social behavior occured, which is perceptive of him given that he hasn't got the full story yet. Threshold, on the other hand, advised me to make a statement to the Guards. The landlord want's his rent and an easy life and thats it. He also said that if more problems arise he will ask for an empty flat, which I didn't appreciate.

In regard to rent I've paid for this month (Nov) and he has another month as a deposit, but if there is hassle I'll just use the deposit as last months rent. I don't like doing that but seems this desire for a quiet life is catching!

Thanks again!
03-11-2009, 16:28   #19

Quote:
I've had the landlord into mediate already, to be honest he dosen't seem to care. I've offered to show him the messages and he's declined. When he was round last night he said he dosen't feel any anti-social behavior occured, which is perceptive of him given that he hasn't got the full story yet. Threshold, on the other hand, advised me to make a statement to the Guards. The landlord want's his rent and an easy life and thats it. He also said that if more problems arise he will ask for an empty flat, which I didn't appreciate.
To be honest I can see it from the landlord's perspective. Even good landlords will not want to get involved in personal disputes between tenants unless there is an extreme need. It's a slippery slope - some tenants would be happy to call their landlord every time somebody else didn't put the bins out. Your case is obviously more serious and I do sympathise with your situation. But I think he's been accommodating even offering to mediate between you two.

On principle this fruitcake should move out. In reality I'd agree with Diarmuid and AARRRGH. At best the next few months at home will be unpleasant. At worst she could make some serious allegations against you. You may be rational, but she isn't. And the rational thing to do in this case is to get away asap.
03-11-2009, 18:27   #20
eth0_

Trust me - get out of there ASAP. She's either mentally ill or just an extremely vindictive person. And if she's accused you of following her into her room(!) what will her next accusation be?

Do you have a girlfriend or mate who could stay over a lot in case she accuses you of something you'd have a witness?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-11-2009, 21:37   #21
the_syco
Subscriber

Quote:
She accused me of following her into her room, and abusing her on the phone, which I shot down, so I know what ye say about crying wolf.
If she likes to cry wolf, be aware that if she cries rape wolf again, you may get into some serious sh|t. You tell the Gardai about the txts F**KING NOW, and you may have some proof that she's been like this for some time.

Quote:
He also said that if more problems arise he will ask for an empty flat, which I didn't appreciate.
That's actually not as bad as it sounds. If he wants you out, he'll have to give you your deposit back. If you move out now, he doesn't really have to give it to you.
04-11-2009, 17:18   #22

Quote:

In regard to rent I've paid for this month (Nov) and he has another month as a deposit, but if there is hassle I'll just use the deposit as last months rent. I don't like doing that but seems this desire for a quiet life is catching!

Thanks again!
Sounds like the landlord wants all the rewards without doing any of the work, this is the benefit of sending a registered letter. It communicates that you mean business and will force him into action and in the very least you will have doccumented what has gone on should he or this girl try to turn things around on you.

I would second going to the Guards and get the name of the Garda you speak with to cover your ass.

You need to force this landlord into action, if he kicks you or the both of you out, you get your deposit back and you're out on December 1st. if you use your deposit as a last months rent you're stuck until January 1st.
04-11-2009, 17:40   #23
cojomo2

Quote:

I would second going to the Guards and get the name of the Garda you speak withto cover your ass.
Yes, analbumcover seems to know what hes talking about here.
04-11-2009, 17:50   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojomo2 View Post
Yes, analbumcover seems to know what hes talking about here.
It's an album cover not anal bum cover
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-11-2009, 17:39   #25
chalkitdown

Quote:
It's an album cover not anal bum cover
lol, I'd never have known.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic