Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hard Knox Tattoo, Limerick?

• 16-10-2009 6:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody got any info about this place? Seems to be about ready to open just off Parnell St.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scooner69

Ya, 21 Upper Gerald Griffin St., Limerick.
    Tattooist is Steve Savage, he used to work in Spiral Tattoo in Foxs Bow. Nice studio with pretty good work. Piercer in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

this is complete second hand information and i cant verify it but i was told it is being st up by a guy who didnt really finish his apprenticeship because the guy who was teaching him left the country and he just decided to set up that shop himself

if im wrong i apologise but this is what i was told and i would confirm the guys history before you let him tatto you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Someone on the Limerick forum told me its Jay and Sparky that had the shop on Broad St who have set this one up. If thats true then id have no problem letting them tattoo me, ive seen there work and it is top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

grand just passing on what i was told

personally if i was in limerick i wouldnt go anywhere other than allstar but then im no expert

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

PeakOutput wrote: »
    this is complete second hand information and i cant verify it but i was told it is being st up by a guy who didnt really finish his apprenticeship because the guy who was teaching him left the country and he just decided to set up that shop himself

if im wrong i apologise but this is what i was told and i would confirm the guys history before you let him tatto you

Infraction issued, please read the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

bullman is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Melion wrote: »
    Someone on the Limerick forum told me its Jay and Sparky that had the shop on Broad St who have set this one up. If thats true then id have no problem letting them tattoo me, ive seen there work and it is top quality.

you're right, their work is top quality, but it's not them setting up this shop, though they are moving shop, its not there!

celliman wrote: »
    bullman is the man

Not in Limerick anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

celliman wrote: »
    bullman is the man

Only if you are willing to fly to him as he is not in Ireland anymore.:)

He does excellent work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Not in Limerick anymore though

is he coming back anytime soon?

• Advertisement

is he coming back anytime soon?

From what i was told a while back, i doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I popped in to Bullman's yesterday, to price a piece, and was surprised to find that they don't have any portfolios in the shop. You can see their stuff online, but the only references they have in the shop are flash books. I thought this was quite weird, given their good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

does anyone know if hard knox has opened?? or has anyone seen any resulting tattoos??

Yeah it opened about 6-7 weeks ago. I havent seen any of the work from there yet though. They are starting a lot of advertising this week in the local papers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 biker49

he served his apprentice under el loco martinez who tattooed danny bullman,and danny only let the best near him,iv seem some of steves work and i was impressed,he did two portraits and the likeness was amazing,only a really good artist would even try to do a portrait,a lot of so called tattooists in limerick wouldent even try,check him out ,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adame

Hard Knox opened over 3 months ago..the tattoist is steve savage who previously worked in fox's bow for 3 full years, so he has most definately finished his apprentiship.
    the body piercer is also a former employee of fox's bow...
    the work done is of a high quality and i would advise some of the people using this page to verify there info before posting it, as your coments could be damaging to someones reputation

Adame sounds like you work there... ?

As you can see I issued a warning for posting information that was 'second hand' information and unverifiable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adame

yes i do work there...
    we have been open for some months now, the shop is owned by steve savage..and ive been reading comments on this page for a few weeks now and thought it was about time someone filled everyone in on the shop facts....steve is twenty one and has completed his apprentiship over a year ago he has been tattoing for 4 years..im the body piercer and im fully qualified and licenced for work within europe ,piercing since 2003...there are a few good shops in limerick at the moment and a lot of high quality work is being produced...dr j and sparky closed there shop roughly two months ago and at the moment dr j is working in hard knox on a temporary basis as a guest artist, working only with his own clients on a booked in basis only...we are open from 10 to 6 monday to saturday and are contactable by phone and e mail...both are available on our HARD KNOX face book page

That you didn't try to hide that is a very good thing :)
    Just be sure to faminiarise yourself with the rules, there is no touting/advertising for business allowed. We have a couple of professionals who contribute now and again, but only along the lines of giving advice etc...
    Other than that, welcome aboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

seriously, what the furry**** are people thinking?

• Advertisement

They're not, or they're thinking that Boards might be a great place to try to self-promote.

They think wrong of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

When people try to spam there service on Boards they lose my respect very fast :rolleyes:

I actually considered them for my tounge but i'll guess I'll stick with Foxes Bow and fork out 85 squid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IrishUser

i actually dont work in any tattoo parlour im just posting my opinion which this site is made for. just because i no what im talking about when it comes to tattoos it dont mean i work in the shop i enjoy going to. pull ur head out of ur ass and look at posts every1 else is writing promoting tattoo parlours. all im doing is voicing my opinion. i only like 1 tattoo shop in limerick which happens to be the 1 i named and i personally think the rest are stupid but i also like tattoo parlours in cork and 1 in dublin. just because i chose 1 in limerick it dont mean i work der im actually a trainee chef but thanks for the interest in my career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Anybody got any info about this place? Seems to be about ready to open just off Parnell St.
    sorry man. Had to report your post. Some other chap asked about a place and his thread got closed. No hard feelings man.

IrishUser wrote: »
    i actually dont work in any tattoo parlour im just posting my opinion which this site is made for. just because i no what im talking about when it comes to tattoos it dont mean i work in the shop i enjoy going to. pull ur head out of ur ass and look at posts every1 else is writing promoting tattoo parlours. all im doing is voicing my opinion. i only like 1 tattoo shop in limerick which happens to be the 1 i named and i personally think the rest are stupid but i also like tattoo parlours in cork and 1 in dublin. just because i chose 1 in limerick it dont mean i work der im actually a trainee chef but thanks for the interest in my career

Infraction issued. Questioning moderator actions on thread is not permitted.
    If you prove yourself to be a normal poster, then your posts which looked like 'shill' messages will be restored.

Seany there was no need to report that post, as it is now 5 months old, appreciate the thought though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I Don't believe you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IrishUser

i dont care wat u believe ur all f uckin fools im not even gna be part of dis site anymre ur all a bunch of computer geeks spendin ur lives arguin on forums if u dont like my opinion then dont look at it and move on u fool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

indenial.jpg

Bye now.

Don't let the banhammer hit you on the way o... oh, oops! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

i dont care wat u believe ur all f uckin fools im not even gna be part of dis site anymre ur all a bunch of computer geeks spendin ur lives arguin on forums if u dont like my opinion then dont look at it and move on u fool

fora

Advertisement