Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-09-2009, 16:37   #1
zorro2566

Send a message via ICQ to zorro2566
Ocean FM

Ocean FM is on here in the background at work,appalling rubbish they are playing.Have they changed their music policy,a lot of the stuff they played today was reminisant of North West Radio?
Advertisement
17-09-2009, 17:09   #2
blackiebest

Are you a paid radio critic? Is it part of your job description to post on boards?

17-09-2009, 17:53   #3
Madge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro2566 View Post
Ocean FM is on here in the background at work,appalling rubbish they are playing.Have they changed their music policy,a lot of the stuff they played today was reminisant of North West Radio?
Ocean FM is really NW Radio re-incarnated. It's practically the same station, sure they have the same DJs and presenters...
The worst show is hospital requests on a Sunday lunch time, Marian Fitzgerald only ever plays pure culchie country music. She doesn't realise there's people under 30 sick and in hospital too...
19-09-2009, 21:42   #4
il gatto

I don't like Ocean, so I don't tune in. And I think people are remembering North West with rose tinted glasses. It was dire. At least Ocean has some life and vibrancy to it. Still don't listen to it though. Or that awful I101 station. Annoying D.J.s godawful music and unfunny gags. I'd rather piece my eardrums with a rusty nail.
Thanks from:
20-09-2009, 13:35   #5
tuppence
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by il gatto View Post
I don't like Ocean, so I don't tune in. And I think people are remembering North West with rose tinted glasses. It was dire. At least Ocean has some life and vibrancy to it. Still don't listen to it though. Or that awful I101 station. Annoying D.J.s godawful music and unfunny gags. I'd rather piece my eardrums with a rusty nail.
I101 is very americanised alright.
They still do the death notices on Ocean dont they taken directly from North West radio? Something quite kitsch about that but provides a useful community service nevertheless. Anyway theres just no choice as far as I can see when in comes to music radio in Ireland. All a bit streamlined. Nothing like x fm here unfortunately.
Advertisement
20-09-2009, 19:06   #6
Crotchety
Banned

That I102-104 is sh¦t.

I was in Harry Corry once and they had it on. This was in the afternoon and the fella was talking about pissing into a bottle and throwing it over someone. Pure crap.

Ocean is hardly better. Always playing the same music. I don't listen to often but if I ever change it over all I hear is Fergal Sharkey's one hit wonder - you know the tune - or some other 80's stuff along the lines of ELO.

Change the flipping record would ye!
21-09-2009, 15:50   #7
Essexboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madge View Post
Ocean FM is really NW Radio re-incarnated. It's practically the same station, sure they have the same DJs and presenters...
The worst show is hospital requests on a Sunday lunch time, Marian Fitzgerald only ever plays pure culchie country music. She doesn't realise there's people under 30 sick and in hospital too...
I was amazed to hear that she is having a 50th birthday party soon. I honestly thought that she was in her 70s.
21-09-2009, 16:17   #8
bennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotchety View Post
That I102-104 is sh¦t.

I was in Harry Corry once and they had it on. This was in the afternoon and the fella was talking about pissing into a bottle and throwing it over someone. Pure crap.

Ocean is hardly better. Always playing the same music. I don't listen to often but if I ever change it over all I hear is Fergal Sharkey's one hit wonder - you know the tune - or some other 80's stuff along the lines of ELO.

Change the flipping record would ye!
I must say I enjoy i102 good crack in the morning, Connor Lynch is a Sligo man, I used to work in the Garavogue in his days there sound man.
21-09-2009, 23:19   #9
Culchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexboy View Post
I was amazed to hear that she is having a 50th birthday party soon. I honestly thought that she was in her 70s.
And no better looking 50 year old is there in the county! Marion is a lovely lady, fair enough she may like country music, but it takes all sorts. She brightens up many a sick persons day in hospital.

She is also a successful career lady, Sales and Marketing manager with a large hotel group.
Advertisement
21-09-2009, 23:28   #10
TequilaMockingBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culchie View Post
And no better looking 50 year old is there in the county! Marion is a lovely lady, fair enough she may like country music, but it takes all sorts. She brightens up many a sick persons day in hospital.

She is also a successful career lady, Sales and Marketing manager with a large hotel group.

SHILL!!!

I would like to recommend Ocean FM, my girl goes to sleep to it every night. Quickly.

P.S. Where's your moderaternesship gone Culchie? Was there a scandal and I missed it?!
22-09-2009, 07:49   #11
darealtulip

I think Irish radio in general is absolute sh*t I can drive from Dromahair to Sligo with no music being played. This DJ here should be reminded that they are there to play music. France is the only country where they talk as much as here.

Not to mention it is very old music most of the time.

There is a very good solution though, it's called MP3. No more radio!! Hooray
22-09-2009, 10:53   #12
Big_Mac

I102 104 is absolute drivel. That moron that is on air in the evenings on I go home is especially bad, does he even realise he's on the radio? I dont think so, because if he did hewouldn'tspeaksofastsothatwecanatcualyunderstandwhatheisramblingonabout.

Utter tripe.
22-09-2009, 21:31   #13
Essexboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culchie View Post

Do you mean McEniffs?
22-09-2009, 21:36   #14
Culchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaMockingBird View Post
SHILL!!!

I would like to recommend Ocean FM, my girl goes to sleep to it every night. Quickly.

P.S. Where's your moderaternesship gone Culchie? Was there a scandal and I missed it?!
I resigned, no time anymore. Took them 3 years to accept my notive
03-11-2009, 02:27   #15
fionntang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotchety View Post
That I102-104 is sh¦t.

!
Its a radio station aimed at youth so obviously it would obviously break your comfort zone if your usted to hearing death notices and patrick feeney's greatest hits.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion