Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2009, 19:55   #196

Jesus, I was lucky, must have got one of the last few. Deadly!!
Advertisement
31-07-2009, 20:29   #197
miralize

I rang o2 yesterday in Limerick. And they had 2 32GB white in stock, but they were only going to sell them to customers who were on billpay.
31-07-2009, 22:50   #198
trev44

im a little confused here.
i'm a current o2 current bill customer. does this mean that i cant get an iphone via the site the o2 site and that i have to go to an o2 shop?

incidentally i'm the account manager for my companies o2 account and our business account manager can do nothing to help me and i cant even order the phone through them which i can do for every other phone.
t
01-08-2009, 07:05   #199
chrislad

Every single type of customer, except existing O2 Billpay customers, can get the iPhone off the web. Which sucks something massive.
01-08-2009, 12:53   #200

The O2 website is a bit weird when it comes to ordering online. A few months ago I ordered an iPhone 3G on pre-pay. There was no contract or porting or anything to do be done, they just had to send it out. Yet for some reason my order sat as "Pending" even though they had charged my credit card. I mean surely once they charge your card the order should be some other status?

Anyway for whatever reason I cancelled the order and got the money refunded but I didn't like the way they charged me but still hadn't accepted or shipped my order.
Advertisement
03-08-2009, 10:19   #201
Roro4Brit

iphone 3GS impossible to get

What is the deal with the iphone 3GS and it being so hard to get? Is this some marketing tactic from Apple or is just that O2 have crap distribution networks and totally underestimated demand?

Also does anybody know if you can get them in Carphone Warehouse? It may sound silly but if the O2 stores don't have then does that mean the CW stores wont either?

I want the 16GB Black or White, the colour doesn't bother me.

I've called into about 5 O2 stores this weekend. All refuse to put one on hold for me as I am on another network at the mo. They all have no idea when their next batch is in.

And what is the deal with the lack of ability to answer their store phones! Jesus! If i didn't love the iphone so much I'd have given up long ago!

Does anybody know of any stores that have some left!? I'm in Dublin and I'm willing to travel to Wicklow/Wexford/Meath/Kildare/Westmeath just to get it!

None of the above stores will answer their phones and I don't really fancy driving there and chancing my arm!
03-08-2009, 10:44   #202
w@ll3gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roro4Brit View Post
What is the deal with the iphone 3GS and it being so hard to get? Is this some marketing tactic from Apple or is just that O2 have crap distribution networks and totally underestimated demand?
sorry mods i know i posted this link before somewhere (cant remember which thread though?) but i think it would be useful for Roro4brit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8162798.stm

I hope they get it sorted soon. i got a 3GS when i ordered online on launch day but the amount of people still waiting is something fierce. all i can say, if its any use, is do wait because it is SO worth all the scheming, planning, stressing....the best gadget i ever bought ever! and i have a lot of them!

I also want a hat like these japanese guys in the article.....now *where* can i get one of those?
Thanks from:
03-08-2009, 11:02   #203
Roro4Brit

Thanks for that w@ll3gurl.

Now I def need to get my hands on one in the next 2 weeks! I think if they launch in 20 more countries when they can't even meet the existing demand then I'll never see one!

It's quite annoying and I'm so jealous of you and yours

It best be worth it!
03-08-2009, 13:01   #204
w@ll3gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roro4Brit View Post
Thanks for that w@ll3gurl.

Now I def need to get my hands on one in the next 2 weeks! I think if they launch in 20 more countries when they can't even meet the existing demand then I'll never see one!

It's quite annoying and I'm so jealous of you and yours

It best be worth it!
Ah i feel bad for everyone waiting i know i was stressed out about buying mine online (i was abroad on launch day) and i think the people in the hotel thought the crazy irish woman might need some valium when the internet didnt work! thankfully it did eventually.

but yeah, i really hope Apple have copped on, i mean the older phones were popular.

Keep the faith though.....is SO worth the wait! and at least when u get it, you will know that buzz will not wear off!!! what did i ever do without my iPhone????? i just cannot even think what. If anyone asks me a question about anything now my first thought is, there is probably an app for that LOL
Advertisement
03-08-2009, 13:47   #205
maninblack

order online from o2's site if they have any available.

I rang every shop every day for about a week like a total idiot before I just ordered online. Ordered on the Friday, had the phone in my hand the following Wed!

Wasn't too bad at all, was expecting to be waiting at least 2 weeks!!
03-08-2009, 14:18   #206

Guy selling one, here!

I am expecting mine tomorrow, it's bloody ridiculous, I have actually been having dreams about it, can't wait. I feel sorry for my girlfriend!!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.ph...=134101&cat=14
03-08-2009, 14:47   #207
barry181091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly74 View Post
Guy selling one, here!

I am expecting mine tomorrow, it's bloody ridiculous, I have actually been having dreams about it, can't wait. I feel sorry for my girlfriend!!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.ph...=134101&cat=14
Im excited too but dreams about it, I don't think so

Did you get the 16 or 32GB version ? Just wonder which is the most popular one, I think i'll get the 32GB one.

It has very good memory speeds I read. . .A far cry from the lethargic N95 mass memory speeds, lol I assume you can use the Iphone as a mass memory device ?
03-08-2009, 14:59   #208
miralize

not officially. you'll probably have to jailbreak for any customizability

still scarce in Limerick
03-08-2009, 15:01   #209

I got the 16gb, the 32gb aren't as available as the 16gb, besides I think that 16gb is plenty.

Regarding the speed of it, all you have to do is look at youtube and the tests people do between the 3G and the 3GS. The difference is quite amazing. Considerable differences in the times taken to open the most popular apps.
03-08-2009, 15:49   #210
barry181091

Another reminder of Apple's unethical and disappointing business practices (OT but related):

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...r-1849685.html

Wouldn't be surprised now if Apple was keeping back 3GS stock for hype.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion