Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2009, 23:22   #16
dreamers75

Quote:
Minimum
CPU: Intel Pentium4 2.0GHz or higher
RAM: 1GB or higher
HDD: 10GB of free space or more
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce6600 series, ATI Radeon(TM) X1600 or higher or higher, VRAM :256MB or higher
Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard
Maximum
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz or higher
RAM: 2GB or higher
HDD: 10GB of free space or more
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c/Shader3.0 or higher compatible, NVIDIA GeForce8600 series or higher, ATI Radeon(TM) X 1900 or higher, VRAM :512MB or higher
Sound: DirectSound compatible, DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible
Input Devices: Gamepad :Xbox360 Controller for Windows

wtf? its a 2d/3d game with backgrounds pre rendered!!!

i smell a shoddy port tbh and the usual over compensating.

Im fine but thats mental for a fighting game.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2009, 23:40   #17
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
meh specs look alright to me. pretty much the norm for any high profile game released within the last year or so
16-05-2009, 01:11   #18
K.O.Kiki

Those specs are lower than the Taito X2.

Heh... "only PC fighter of the last decade".
*cough*MeltyBlood/EternalFighterZero/GuiltyGear*cough*
16-05-2009, 02:13   #19
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
meh specs look alright to me. pretty much the norm for any high profile game released within the last year or so
Do you have it for 360? its not a high spec game, its a game.

Imo on 360 its an Arcade game , dress it up how you like but Devs should be able to make that game in 500mb or less.

Putting it on dvd gets the €50
16-05-2009, 06:37   #20
Azza

System requirements are not that high look right about the norm for recent releases. The only thing is the install size is bigger than expected but what is 10GB nowadays on PC.

The background are not static pre-rendered backgrounds. If you played the game you will notice they are dynamic 3D backgrounds that background characters can interact with, signs can fall down, trains passing by as well as aircraft wings being knocked off with by a tiger uppercut and generally people moving in and and around objects etc. Granted the install size is big but the console versions do not have to worry about storing several different types of quality textures for each background and character etc. We also won't have to endure long load times because the other PS3 user we are playing against has not done the optional install.

What is it these days with people and jumping on the shoddy port bandwagon. Wait till the release and the reviews are out before jumping to conclusions. Nothing would seem to indicate that this game is looking like a bad port (or Bionic Commando or Resident Evil 5). Nothing is majorly improved but in no way shoddy, all the right and important requirements are ticked. As for the opinion that the game should be under 500mb, I think the developers would tell you to jump off a cliff.

First look at Capcoms recent track record on the PC.

Capcoms reputation on the PC took a hammering ever since the crap ports of Devil May Cry 3 and Resident Evil 4 and and there is a perception that all Capcoms titles are crap on PC. All due to two ports Capcom did not even make, Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3 got outsourced to SourceNext and published by Ubisoft on the PC . If you played the more recent Capcom games like Lost Planet: Colonies Edition and Devil May Cry 4 which where handled by Capcom internally you would know the PC versions are actually slightly better than the console versions (regardless what you think of gameplay). Capcom also joined the PCGA and have been making generally positive noises about the PC platform on the whole lately, they see the platform as very important to them in the Asian market and have only recently put in significant effort to develop all of its major titles on that platform. Now a days almost all titles Capcom make will end up on PC (Bionic Commando, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising 2, Devil Mary Cry 4, Lost Planet 1 and 2 etc) Also the very fact that they released all the information below in numerous forum and blog posts indicate they are taking the PC version seriously.

What is know about the PC version is this. Below have all been confirmed by Capcom themsleves.

It will support the mouse and keyboard, because any game released on the PC without this gets hammered by gamers even if the game is unsuited to that control system, all offical pads and fight sticks work with the PC version. You have so many control options on the PC its not funny.

It will allow tweaking of textures and filters.
Ajustable quality settings for the character models, backgrounds, shadows, motion blur and particles.
It will have an adjustable aspect ratio, (very important to keep the field of view correct, regardless of your monitor aspect ratio)
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/m...et-fighter-iv/
It will support anti-aliasing(another thing pc gamers seem to go nuts about if its not included).
It will support DX 9 and DX 10.
It will have an optional real time FPS counter to help you ensure the game runs at 60fps which is extremely important.
3 PC exclusive graphic rendering modes (Default, Sumi-E (Ink), Poster and Watercolor modes)
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/m...er-comparison/
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/a...-achievements/
Supports higher resolution than the consoles which was 720p. (exact resolutions are not confirmed by you can at least expect 1080p,1920x1200 and more than likely 2560x1600 judging from previous Capcom PC titles)
The Championship mode DLC will be included with the game.
Will use Games For Windows Live.
Will not support cross platform compability with Xbox 360 users. Reasons given in link below.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/m...platform-play/
Achievements are supported on the PC version. Not sure if they are the same as the console ones or are PC specific.
All unlockables (characters, icons, titles, bonus material) are included and unlocked the same way.
All gameplay modes from the console versions are included and remain unchanged.
Netcode used is the same as consoles.
Will support in game voice chat.
Retail copies will use SecuROM As DRM but will not require online activation or have any activation limits.
Digital distrubition DRM is dependent on which distabutor you buy from. The Steam version will use standard Steam DRM for example.
Game will be sold on all major digital distrubtion platforms. Steam, GamersGate, Impulse, Direct2Drive, Capcom Store, Nivida Store, Gametap, Metiboli etc
European release date is July 3rd with a recommended retail price of €39.99 for both retail and digital distrabution. (Capcom have stated one of the reasons why the price remains the same on digital distrabution and not cheaper than retail is that if they undercut retailers, the retailers won't stock their games which is something many have long suspected). http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/m...and-sf4-stuff/

The 5 costume pack DLC's are expected to be offered as a single bundle on Game For Windows Live Market place. Expect a price of €9.99-12.99

The DLC will almost certainly be on the disc to ensure you can see the alturnate costumes even if you don't own them.

The Game/offical fightpad bundle is not available in Europe but you order it online from the Capcom store. Capcom have admited it will be expensive to do so when shipping is factored in.

Last edited by Azza; 16-05-2009 at 07:32.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2009, 17:05   #21
NeoKubrick

It must have felt like living in a cave before you found EventHubs eh, Azza?
16-05-2009, 20:08   #22
Azza

Most of the information I got from other sites but eventhubs usually posts up the same news shortly after. Off the top of my head I could not remember where all these annoucemnts where made, and I wasn't arsed searching through the Capcom Unity forums etc but I new the links would be easy to find on eventhubs.

I just find it irratating that people look for the slighest possible excuse to cry "crap port", which often (but not always) is used as an excuse for piracy. Granted not everyone has time to check all this stuff on the internet as they do have lives in fairness , I personally have a particular interest in this game so I did so eagerly. But if a game interests and you have concerns about DRM or worried it will be crappy port, don't just make assumptions, do some research.
16-05-2009, 23:02   #23
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azza View Post
Most of the information I got from other sites but eventhubs usually posts up the same news shortly after. Off the top of my head I could not remember where all these annoucemnts where made, and I wasn't arsed searching through the Capcom Unity forums etc but I new the links would be easy to find on eventhubs.

I just find it irratating that people look for the slighest possible excuse to cry "crap port", which often (but not always) is used as an excuse for piracy. Granted not everyone has time to check all this stuff on the internet as they do have lives in fairness , I personally have a particular interest in this game so I did so eagerly. But if a game interests and you have concerns about DRM or worried it will be crappy port, don't just make assumptions, do some research.

Research suggest all capcom PC games are ridicously over compensated, its a fighting game

Crysis is eye candy with heavy sys req. SF4 shouldnt be, as i said i am fine i can play crysis in "enthusiast" but i still think its over compensating it shouldnt be that high.

Still gonna buy it tho have 2 Ps2 Hori stick that i play SF with on PC and coudnt justify forking out for more fighting sticks for xbox.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion