Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-08-2010, 18:45   #271
Shazanne

Could I just ask who has organised this public meeting and who, as in public reps etc., have been asked to attend?
Advertisement
25-08-2010, 10:08   #272
CRAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazanne View Post
Could I just ask who has organised this public meeting and who, as in public reps etc., have been asked to attend?
All the information about the meeting is on the Facebook page, and it's probably best that we stick to that one forum for communication to keep things simple from now on.

The meeting has been organised by the church to address the concerns of residents in Esker Hills, and residents are welcome to invite whomever they wish.
25-08-2010, 11:01   #273
Shazanne

I am not on Facebook soI would appreciate you posting your information here as well.
Who has been officially invited to this meeting other than the residents of Esker Hills?
25-08-2010, 13:39   #274
TippTopp

Hi Shazanne,

Mike Tardive mailed me on facebook yesterday afternoon to let me know that he had up a post announcing the meeting on Esker Hills Facebook page about the public meeting and asked me to spread the word. By the time that I seen this message it was evening so I put up a thread on the Esker Hills Forum announcing very quickly the meeting on behalf of Laois Bible Group, sent a mail to Adser to sent a notice to all subscribers to the Esker Hills Residents Association (which was done last night) and I placed a community notice to the Leinster Express to announce the public meeting, this notice will unfortunately will only appear in next week’s edition, as deadline as far as I remember is Mondays 5pm. I have a copy of the notice below as I said that all are welcome. I mailed Mike back again yesterday eve, to check if there is any possibility of Laois Bible Group’s architect/engineer to attend and if any members of the planning department of Laois CC will attend also, which more than likely Laois Bible’s Group will attend this meeting but as for planning department, Mike was unsure.
I have yet to contact all our public reps – but if you’re in contact (or anybody else) with any of the local reps in the area please do so, as the more people who contact the reps, the more likely that they will turn up on the night.
Hope this is some help to you

ESKER HILLS
A Public Meeting regarding the recent planning application for change of use of the unoccupied Crèche Building at Esker Hills, Ridge Road, Portlaoise by The Laois Bible Group, is to be held on Wednesday, 1st September 2010 at 8pm at the Parish Centre, Portlaoise. All are welcome

http://eskerhills.myfreeforum.org/Public_Meeting_8pm_Wed_1st_September_2010_Parish_Centre_about153.html

All,

There will be a public meeting will be held on Wednesday,
1st September at 8pm upstairs in the Parish Centre

I have included the link for the Parish Centre for peoplpe who might not be familar with it http://www.portlaoiseparish.ie/parish-centre/

Also the other discussions that have been going on with connection with the creche building can be followed on Boards.ie on the following link
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=937

Also add Esker Hills as a friend on Facebook to view the threads there also.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001004134526&v=info&ref=ts

In the absence of the internet - please pass on this information to your neighbour of the public meeting next wednesday 1st September.
many thanks
27-08-2010, 19:56   #275
Phoenix
Arisen from the ash

Mod note:
Can the persons involved in the Laois bible group please pm me
Advertisement
27-08-2010, 22:46   #276
insaneabouthunt

objection

i see there has been an objection to the planning on the creche,no surprise there,what next an objection to a creche!!lol

Last edited by Phoenix; 14-09-2010 at 19:42. Reason: removed address
27-08-2010, 23:18   #277
Shazanne

Hi. Why'd you say that? Has this happened before and it is a regular thing? To be honest I dont even know where Blossom Court is! I find all the "flowery" names a bit confusing Is Blossom Court the area that will be most affected by all this?

Last edited by Phoenix; 16-09-2010 at 19:32.
27-08-2010, 23:28   #278
insaneabouthunt

objection

Yeah its near the creche,but these people always object to anything new that wants to be started up in esker hills,the retail unit,the school,its a wonder nothing about the new shop!i am not lying about this go to the laoiscoco website and you will see their objections i am waiting patiently for their scanned letters on the planning sections of the website,i am not against people voicing their concerns about this situation but why not talk it out here first with our good old fashioned neighbours who like to talk about things before going official,this truely is maybe i say maybe a truely laois thing to talk about things first maybe i am wrong but that is how we are in this county.thanks,
28-08-2010, 00:10   #279
Shazanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneabouthunt View Post
Yeah its near the creche,but these people always object to anything new that wants to be started up in esker hills,the retail unit,the school,its a wonder nothing about the new shop!i am not lying about this go to the laoiscoco website and you will see their objections i am waiting patiently for their scanned letters on the planning sections of the website,i am not against people voicing their concerns about this situation but why not talk it out here first with our good old fashioned neighbours who like to talk about things before going official,this truely is maybe i say maybe a truely laois thing to talk about things first maybe i am wrong but that is how we are in this county.thanks,
Fair enough - I am from North Tipperary and we do things the same there!
I am not aware of the objection you are referring to but I was given to believe that a residents group may have submitted a formal objection. However, we will no doubt all have our say on Wednesday night next and I do hope I can be there. I work as a journalist so sometimes things crop up unexpectedly - but fingers crossed!!
However, if the meeting turns into a preaching session by the Bible people or they try and monopolise the proceedings, I will not tolerate that and would suggest a walk out by the residents!!
Advertisement
30-08-2010, 11:09   #280
CRAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obaraten View Post
Mod note:
Can the persons involved in the Laois bible group please pm me
I'm trying to, but it's telling me I don't have enough posts to do so - I only joined to be part of this discussion. Can you "pm" me?
30-08-2010, 11:33   #281
elainee40

Im blind, i dont see this on the laois co co website

Last edited by Phoenix; 16-09-2010 at 19:33.
30-08-2010, 16:12   #282
adser53

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainee40
Im blind, i dont see this on the laois co co website
You can see who objected here but the only letters that have been scanned in and are viewable online so far are the ones from the cottages opposite the estate entrance. Click on the link and then click on the "submissions" button on the top left side

http://www.laois.ie/eplan41/FileRefD...406&LASiteID=0
01-09-2010, 21:27   #283
adser53

So? Anyone go to the meeting tonight? How'd it go? I couldnt make it myself
01-09-2010, 21:37   #284
Bicky

Here now Adam. Lots of rabble rabble to be honest. Three or four people talking sense. one man made coherent points and seems to have done some serious
Homework re regulations etc. Can't see them getting permission.
01-09-2010, 23:24   #285
adser53

cheers JP, there's always going to be rabble rabble and someone talking hysterically
Sure it makes it entertaining

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion