Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

13-04-2009, 19:30   #1
carrieb

Maybefriends.com - anyone use it?!

Hi ladies,
So I'm single and sick of it!!
Haven't even met a guy I've liked in months........ Most of my friends are coupled up and one is even getting married this year!!
I would love to even go on a few dates, not obsessed with finding the one (I'm only 28) but need a little excitement in my life!
I am going speed dating in the new next few weeks but as I sit here on a bank hol afternoon googling everything that pops into my head I have "stumbled" across maybefriends.com and decided to join for the craic!... The problem is I'm at the "blurb" part & have no idea what to write.............. Anyone got any advice?!
Advertisement
13-04-2009, 19:36   #2
Birdie086

I'm a member of AnotherFriend which I think is by the same company, I'm too mean to pay the membership fee though so cant arrange to meet anyone or swap any cotact details.
Theres a good free site called Lonely.ie which doesnt have any membership fees and the meets that are arranged on AntherFriend are posted on Lonely also. Theres one in Limerick in two weeks time.
I'm a member since Christmas and have been asked out a good few times, only agreed to one today. About time for me.
As for the blurb I left mine basically blank adn nosed around others to see what they had to say - you can usually go back and edit them.
13-04-2009, 20:01   #3
carrieb

Thanks birdie. Yeh I put in 1 line & said I'd go back to that part!!
Think you have to pay to actually do pretty much everything but don't know if Ill bother..........
Will think about it!!
13-04-2009, 20:15   #4
JackieT

hiya! I was working on the development of a dating site last year, many pay sites are a bit of a scam i think. You can try plentyoffish.com, it's run by a nice geeky canadian fella and seems really popular.

Personally I think it would be a good thing to stand out from the crowd, so if your passion in life is to dance polka or play some computer game 2h/day, do mention it in your profile!
13-04-2009, 20:41   #5
Clare Bear
Closed Account

I know a few people that had luck on plentyoffish.com and connectingsingles.com, they're both free.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-04-2009, 00:53   #6
quietobserver

something different but similar might be that dinetomeetyou.ie or .com not sure which. i think they also have a piece related to readtomeetyou or something to that effect. never tried it happy out in my own little world.
11-09-2009, 17:13   #7
stylist

anotherfriend and maybefriends??

hi all,

does anyone know if anotherfriend (another friend) and maybefriends are really the same company??

regards, stylist
14-09-2009, 16:43   #8
syncrosystem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylist View Post
hi all,

does anyone know if anotherfriend (another friend) and maybefriends are really the same company??
AnotherFriend and Maybefriends are different companies. They are competitors
14-09-2009, 17:05   #9
Quality

I know a couple that met through it. Maybefriends.ie

She is a stunner a real model type, and he is a fine bit of stuff too. They are both professionals.

We were only talking about it last week.
Advertisement
14-09-2009, 18:49   #10
mariaalice

Quality...why wouldn't there be woman who are stunning or men who are professional on a dating site...its p**** me off a but the predjess people have about dating sites...i met my partner on a dating site ...there are all sorts of people on dating.....reminds me of something a friend of mine said ....she meet a very good looking and very wealthy man on a dating site, anyway she said to me imagain a man like him being on a dating site ...i said to her your on a dating!! she laughs when she realised what she was saying ....my friend was seeing that guy for a long time it only ended when she wouldn't move to the ballygobackward village he live in and he wouldn't move to Dublin
14-09-2009, 22:34   #11
Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaalice View Post
Quality...why wouldn't there be woman who are stunning or men who are professional on a dating site...its p**** me off a but the predjess people have about dating sites...i met my partner on a dating site ...there are all sorts of people on dating.....reminds me of something a friend of mine said ....she meet a very good looking and very wealthy man on a dating site, anyway she said to me imagain a man like him being on a dating site ...i said to her your on a dating!! she laughs when she realised what she was saying ....my friend was seeing that guy for a long time it only ended when she wouldn't move to the ballygobackward village he live in and he wouldn't move to Dublin
I wouldn't call it prejudiced in my case. I would call it my ignorance. I always assumed dating websites were for married men looking to hook up with vulnerable women.

But I have been proved wrong. My Bad!!
15-09-2009, 13:20   #12
Emme

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncrosystem View Post
AnotherFriend and Maybefriends are different companies. They are competitors
anotherfriend is bigger and more impersonal than maybefriends. anotherfriend used to have a very conspicuous link to an adult dating site which put me off.

Maybefriends is smaller and run by a very nice woman called Jill. There are people of all ages on it and the crowd is generally sound. I'm thinking of going back on it again for the crack.

There's another dating site called getout which caters purely for the 20-35 age group, well women 20-35 and fellas up to 40ish. It doesn't cater for anyone over that age so you shouldn't get oulfellas of 60 sending you mails! I'd recommend it for a 28 year old - it's got speed dating, walks and a a regular dating site, the focus is on having a bit of crack.

Last edited by Emme; 15-09-2009 at 13:22.
15-09-2009, 13:26   #13
Corb

Yeah I've heard of that get out site. I think it can be more of a group thing too so if you're worried about starting on a one to one date thing you could go to one of their group meet ups and meet a gang of people instead of just one so even if you don't click with anyone you could still have a good day/night out with some nice people.
15-09-2009, 16:00   #14
sporina

new to dating websites

signed up on one last nite and got a few messages from lads who I have to say I would have no interest in meeting. So me being a softie I do not want to hurt them so how do I say so. Or should I just ignore them?
15-09-2009, 16:05   #15
mandysmithers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post

There's another dating site called getout which caters purely for the 20-35 age group, well women 20-35 and fellas up to 40ish.
Why do they allow men up to 40, but not women??!!
Thread Closed