Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-03-2009, 15:38   #1
Jip

The Drumcondra Tests

Anyone remember these from the 80s in primary school ? What were they all in aid of, was it some government survey at the time to see how thick we were or was it just to scare us ****less going to bed the day before them ?
I gather they're still going on btw, I would love to see some sample questions of the time.
Advertisement
09-03-2009, 16:25   #2
Ruu
Closed Account

I remember the maths part had 1+5=? Was the Micro-T the same thing or just what it is called these days? Mam is a teacher, must find out.
10-03-2009, 03:25   #3
RandolphEsq
Banned

Wow what a load of cock. Those tests can bend over and take my cock in their tight insecure homo-denying ass
10-03-2009, 04:35   #4
amacachi
Closed Account

Mid 90s as well. I think Sigma T was the maths one and Micra T or Micro T the english/verbal one.
14-03-2009, 00:56   #5
MYOB

MICRA-T was Mary Immaculate College something something Test, they were just standardised tests schools could get you to and get marked externally to prevent teacher bias.

I did, and did quite well in the second class ones when in junior infants and the school offered to let me skip a year but my mam wouldn't let me cause I was the second youngest in my class as it was. <annoyed kid mode> All the cool kids were a year ahead of me. Thanks mam </annoyed kid mode>
Advertisement
16-03-2009, 18:35   #6
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Send a message via Skype™ to Karsini
The Drumcondra tests are certainly still alive and kicking, my sis got assessed when she started secondary school in 2006. I remember getting them myself.

I'm not sure if this was the Drumcondra test or another one but I remembered getting some test in primary school where it showed illustrations of objects saying "what is this?" with three multiple choice answers. The one I specifically remember was a drawing of an egg, the choices were: a) fun, b) egg, or c) sit
Thanks from:
22-03-2009, 00:13   #7
Catari Jaguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOB View Post
MICRA-T was Mary Immaculate College Reading Assessment Test
Still used in senior classes in schools and the SIGMA-T, that is the maths one. Standardised diagnostic tests. And a pain in the ass to administer and correct!

I remember the big deal about them, one was red and one was blue. The person beside you had a slightly different one to prevent cheating. I thought they were piss easy.
23-03-2009, 01:06   #8
IpreDictDeatH

It was my job to lock the windows at the end of the day so one day i left one open and later on when the school was empty i got in and ripped up all the drumcondra tests. Thats what you get for not noticing my dyslexia sooner you bastards.
(2) thanks from:
23-03-2009, 14:00   #9
Prof.Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Kitten View Post
I remember the big deal about them, one was red and one was blue. The person beside you had a slightly different one to prevent cheating..

hah! no it didn't. I remember helping out the kid beside me with his one (I was a so called "clever" kid and he was one of those kids who'd leave class to get extra help with english).

It involved me reading his entire story and telling him the answers (something about a girl and her birthday or something...).You have to ask what the teacher was doing during all this .

Primary school was fun...at times.

Last edited by Prof.Badass; 23-03-2009 at 14:21.
Advertisement
23-03-2009, 14:20   #10
WindSock
Closed Account

I loved these tests. I wish all tests were like these.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion