Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-10-2011, 13:31   #5536
Ranger1985

ERU age limit?

Just a quick question, it might have already been asked. If so I apologise. But does anyone know if the Emergency Response Unit has its own upper age limit seperate to the Garda age limit, due to the nature of the unit?
Advertisement
02-11-2011, 16:17   #5537
King Ludvig

Some information on the new training programme for when templemore opens again:

Quote:
The new Student/Probationer programme (BA in Applied Policing) was accredited by the Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC) in the Garda College on 23 September 2010. The BA in Applied Policing will implement the recommendations for best practice in police education
and training, which resulted from the findings of the Garda Síochána Training and Development Review Group (2009). The programme will adopt a hybrid problem-based learning approach during training in the Garda College and a work-based learning approach when the student Gardaí are attached to operational divisions. Students will learn in small groups through engagement with realistic policing scenarios. Work on the development of content for the new BA in Applied Policing is currently underway in the Student/Probationer Faculty in the Garda College.
From the Garda Aunnual Report 2010 Im suprised I havent seen the above posted here before, but maybe it has been and I missed it.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion