Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4 hotels 20.09 euro per night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

This is an amazing price. Sure there isn't a catch. These hotels aren't beside some new landfill site(oh wait, the Landsdowne RD Stadium!:D). Is this website kosher?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Great deal. Had to go up midweek next week anyway. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

D4 hotels have rooms for euro 20.09 per night sun to thursday for Jan and Feb
    http://www.d4hotels.ie/pages/index.php

Thats cheaper than renting in Dublin, if you could find a place to stay on fri-sat ;)

Doesn't Sean Dunne own the D4 hotels???

THE DEVELOPER behind one of the biggest property deals in the Republic's history has admitted that he could be considered insolvent if the banking crisis continues.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/0105/1230936655283.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

cheers man, you just saved me a mid - night bus to the airport !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

How hard would getting out there be? U can get hotel rooms in the city for 45 quid, like in the Portbello hotel for example. Not luxury, but it has a bed and an onsuite with shower.

I would say the cost of a taxi would add to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

These hotels are not hard to get to and are very well located. They used to be Jurys and the Berkeley Court until 18-24 months ago.

You can walk to Merrion Square in 10-15m, you can get a bus (there's loads of them right outside) to O'Connell Street in a few minutes, Baggot Street is less than 5 minutes walk away, the DART is the same distance, Landsdowne Road is too.

I don't know how the hotels have fared since being downgraded from their glory days, but they are very unlikely to be a total kip.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

They are within walking distance of the city(probably 5 mins from Merrion Sq), 3 mins from Landsdowne Rd DART station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

Hi,

D4 Hotels here. Yes this offer is real at just €20.09 to kick in the new year. Its is starting to sell out very quickly so would advise booking now if you need to. We are determined to be the best value Hotel in Dublin in 2009 so watch this space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

My apologies. Just someone asked was this website Kosher and it is . Last post from me on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

To be fair to d4hotels - they didn't make the original post, just commented on it.

I'm not related to d4hotels in any way, but I do think this is a definite bargain.

z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

Please pay for advertising like all the other companies.

MC
    Fair enough just that to advertise on boards.ie a company either pays or gets approval from the mods for a thread like this.

MC

No need to be so rude tbh. They didn't start the post, they just commented. As have many companies in the past.

If I recall that is how richersounds ended up on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Anyone know which is the best one to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

regarding getting to the airport from there, im sure a taxi to busaras is less than a tenner and the bus to the airport is a fiver, the last time i used it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

What Daithi McGee said.

d4hotels you're welcome to comment whenever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

daftdave wrote: »
    regarding getting to the airport from there, im sure a taxi to busaras is less than a tenner and the bus to the airport is a fiver, the last time i used it.
    Or you can just get Aircoach for 8 euro, no changes required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's for the Mods to moderate, not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I have deleted my posts because clearly everyone wants this type of thread

MC

I have deleted my posts because clearly everyone wants this type of thread

MC

a thread that alerts us about bargains?

hmmm, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Which is the nicest of the 3?

The Ballsbridge court me thinks. The towers used to be fab but I think the court is nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

a thread that alerts us about bargains?

hmmm, I wonder.

Bit late to the party so I won't explain ;)

Bit late to the party so I won't explain ;)

you don't need to explain, I can read, and thanks to people quoting your deleted posts, I can read them too!

the deal is even available the night after valentines, for those who have been hit hard by the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i stayed here a few weeks ago,,a total dump i have to say,,
    bathroom was in bad need of repair,very very basic room plus we had an ajoining door into another bedroom,,but we could see under the door and here the couple inside chatting,,

dont forget the €7.50 parking also:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Another great bit of business by the Dunner; €20 a room after VAT, linen, electricity and cleaning costs should have that €300 million payed back sometime around the year 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

latenia wrote: »
    Another great bit of business by the Dunner; €20 a room after VAT, linen, electricity and cleaning costs should have that €300 million payed back sometime around the year 2500.

AFAIK, it's leased off him!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

latenia wrote: »

More of a loss leading promotion than anything else. Bit like ryanair and their free flights during off peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

If you dont like the promotion then dont avail of it and stop bloody moaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

tantipie wrote: »
    i stayed here a few weeks ago,,a total dump i have to say,,
    bathroom was in bad need of repair,very very basic room plus we had an ajoining door into another bedroom,,but we could see under the door and here the couple inside chatting,,

dont forget the €7.50 parking also:)
    Oops - €27.59 for a room including parking but excluding breakfast!

Still a deal in my mind and staying there this week!

Stayed in the Jurys Towers once before and it was superb - just a place to drop my head this week so I'll forego all the extras to save around 290 yoyos!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

35notout wrote: »
    If you dont like the promotion then dont avail of it and stop bloody moaning!

I'm not moaning; I just can't resist putting the boot into Sean Dunne while he's down-'Knightsbridge in Dublin' indeed. FWIW this is a superb bargain seeing as one bed in a hostel is about €15.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement