Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-02-2011, 22:56   #8536
Layla0509

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff! View Post
Yep worked it out for both types...I doubled the nutritional values first and worked it out on the calculator, hope Im not wrong now!! Great way to save 2pp a day without noticing, really nice bread too!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's actually 5pp for 2 slices of JM&O'B goodness of both bread when calculated per slice on the online calculator
Advertisement
17-02-2011, 23:03   #8537
hollyhock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_penguin View Post
When you get to your 5% goal - does it pop up on the screen at your WI. I knew I should have been pretty close to it, and I just checked the chart and I should have got it at my WI last night? Do you have to keep an eye on this yourself?
just reading back there now,i think it must pop up because to night my leader gave me a 5% sticker,i didn't even know i was due it!!! pleasant surprise as i got a silver 7 last week!
17-02-2011, 23:27   #8538
tiny_penguin

Went out to eat in Milano's and am so impressed with their Legerra Menu - had 17 pp left for the day so got the Crostini to start - 5pp and then the Gustosa for main which is 14pp - so only went 2 over budget and did not feel like i was missing out at all. Also had all my weeklies intact so the 2 is fine! Great I only used 2 as am off to belfast for a house party for the night on saturday night, and really worried about eating and drinking everything in sight! Gonna pack up the car with some low point emergency snacks - any ideas?
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 00:19   #8539
kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monife View Post
Sh**ty morning in work today, ended up having a sausage sandwich (at onsite restaurant) AND a small sausage roll! So annoyed with myself now!

Any idea how many pp in a small sausage roll? They are smaller than the small ones you get in deli counters, kinda like 3 bites.
The sausage sambo is ok, worth it! The sausage roll really not, about 5/6 points I'd say.
18-02-2011, 00:32   #8540
kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspie mum View Post
Just back and down 2 lb's again this week that's 16 since i started on Jan 4th...I am really lovin Pro points as on the old plan I only lost 12.5 pounds in 3/4 months still it's 28.5 in total can really feel the difference but need to lose another 4 stone 3.5lbs to get to goal of 10'10 for my 5'5 frame but this time I really feel its acheivable (hope I dont eat my words or everything else ) I really find the free fruit is helping ......just have a HB orange split at 2PP nom nom
Very well done, keep up good work. I have to say love the super splits and soleros, really satisfy the craving, but tend not to eat them in winter, must get back in that habit. The skinny cow double choc and mint choc are lovely too.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2011, 00:36   #8541
kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaloo View Post
Thanks so much for the support ladies. And you have some great suggestions there too. I will be laid up for 80% of the recovery time but I can definitely do WW-friendly shopping lists for my hubby!

I must admit I'm looking forward to catching up on my reading - I still have books I got for Christmas that I haven't opened!
Thanks again - this thread is so great.
Great Idea......reading! Wow, imagine, having the time to catch up. Such wonderful books out at the minute, but I'd actually love to re-read the few Dickens I've read and progress a little further with the many I haven't managed to get through. Every cloud!!
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 02:45   #8542
usernamecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie_lottie View Post
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share! if you're looking for an alternative to cream in a recipe (other than creme fraiche) try alpro soya or rice dream cream, its dairy free and HALF THE FAT OF CREAM! (but all of the creamy lovliness!)
I just had it in a chicken pasta bake and its fantastic!
Can u post up ur recipe ? Pls x
18-02-2011, 08:20   #8543
Shoe Lover

Majorly disappointed at WI last night - only down 0.5lb after my week of being so good and doing loads of exercise and not eating any weeklies On the bright side, at least, I wasn't up, or I might have cried on the scales.

Have decided that maybe I was too careful last week so will try to not be as obessive this week about the points and hope for the best!

Have my 2-yr old niece staying with us for the whole weekend so won't get a chance to get out and exercise but I'm sure running around after her will help
18-02-2011, 08:50   #8544
Kay_80

Weigh in number 5

So had my weigh in this morning I was down 3/4's of a pound & honestly I'm delighted with a loss BUT I was hoping it would be more as I STS last week.

With all that said I'm now exactly 13st & I've lost half a stone since I began so it evens out at 1.4lbs per week so I guess per WW I am on track & that's albs of pure fat!!

I'm not demotivated at all it just spurs me on to get a loss nxt wk as well. I obsessively track everything I eat I am exercising alot& this week I managed to eat all my dailies & half my weeklies & honestly I didn't feel at all deprived I had treats, I had alcohol I had a massive dinner last night so from a food consumption point of view I've eaten more than I ever have but all the prep & forethought & finding time for exercise is hard but at the end of the day weightless is hard & there are no longterm quick fixes!

I think maybe like shoelover I've been a bit too obsessive I'm still going to do everything I am doing but maybe I shouldn't set myself thoughts of losing more than a 1lb every week, weightloss has always been hard for me & I guess I'll never be one of those ppl who loses 4-6lb in a week & I think now ive made peace with that I'm okay!

I know I'm deffo losing inches I tried on a dress last night which hasn't fit me properly in ages, it looks great I had room in it & best of all my arms used to catch @ the top & now there's a couple of inches on each side! I'm delighted & that is what is spurring me on to keep going!

I'm away to Berlin nxt thurs morning so I'm going to WI a day early I'd rather do that then miss it altogether & not know for 2 wks, I'm hoping I'll be able to find good healthy choices while over there so I don't gain or STS!

Have a great weekend all
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2011, 09:09   #8545
Kay_80

Bread

So on the issue of bread I don't know if any of you have tried the Hovis Nimble wholemeal bread? Yes the slices are a bit smaller but from a pp point of view it's quite good IMO

1 slice = 1 pp
2 slices = 3 pp
3 slices = 4 pp

I think that's quite good & if you wanted to
Make a nice brunch with eggs, bacon medallions, mushrooms, toms & toast 3 slices is great for PP

Im in shock about the batch O_O imagine if you ate the heel of it sometimes that's as thick of 2 slices!
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 09:30   #8546
dottie_lottie

Chicken and Pasta bake

Hi All,

I know a couple of you were looking for my pasta bake recipe, would you believe I haven't pointed it properly yet! it was born of experimentation one day when i'd nearly 20 points left for my dinner. Will get out the books when i get home from work and post it up.
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 10:10   #8547
kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_80 View Post
So on the issue of bread I don't know if any of you have tried the Hovis Nimble wholemeal bread? Yes the slices are a bit smaller but from a pp point of view it's quite good IMO

1 slice = 1 pp
2 slices = 3 pp
3 slices = 4 pp

Make a nice brunch with eggs, bacon medallions, mushrooms, toms & toast 3 slices is great for PP

Im in shock about the batch O_O imagine if you ate the heel of it sometimes that's as thick of 2 slices!
Have a great time in Berlin, if it's not raining you'll be able to get a lot of walking in. The batch isn't too bad, depending on the size is 3 -4 a slice, not much more than normal bread and if you enjoy it, it's worth it. I'd rather have a sambo made with batch and suffer the extra points at lunchtime than eat a snack in the afternoon. Everyone's different.
Thanks from:
18-02-2011, 10:19   #8548
irishfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by finglasgal1 View Post
Hey thanks 4 tip!! If you dont mind would u be able to email the receipe for the chicken pasta bake?? If its not too much trouble!

could i have this receipe for chicken pasta bake as well please and thank you
18-02-2011, 10:21   #8549
dammitj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_80 View Post

1 slice = 1 pp
2 slices = 3 pp
3 slices = 4 pp

That nimble bread is lovely, although sometimes I find it hard to find and end up buying WW bread which is so thin you can see through it

I asked our leader about the batch loaf being 12pp and she said they pointed most batch bread last week and it worked out at 6pp for 2 slices?
18-02-2011, 11:03   #8550
m'lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitj View Post
That nimble bread is lovely, although sometimes I find it hard to find and end up buying WW bread which is so thin you can see through it

I asked our leader about the batch loaf being 12pp and she said they pointed most batch bread last week and it worked out at 6pp for 2 slices?
I'm really confused too,my leader said 12 for two slices, I'm really sorry to everyone for posting it, I genuinely believed her, I really did not mean to scare everyone, I posted it in good faith! I'll be questioning my leader next Wednesday.
Thread Closed