Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

10-01-2011, 17:36   #5836
Lady Lainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildareash View Post
It does all seem to have been introduced a bit hap-hazardly (SP) here, which is very disappointing and frustrating.
When you consider all the material available to online members, as a class member I do feel hard done by.
I know the people here who are following the online version have been doing it a bit longer, but they do seem to know a lot more than people attending classes.

Someone posted the price of joining online in one of the threads over the weekend and I seriously considered changing. But I know I wouldn't do aswell, I need the motivation of stepping on the scales in front of someone every week.
it is very easy to fall off the wagon with the online one! cos its the same price weather you track or not. so its easy to say ah feck it i'll skip the weight in this week! or to change your weight in so it looks like you've lost loads in a week...when really its been over 10 days. that kinda thing.

The shame factor is a great motivator tbh!
Advertisement
10-01-2011, 18:29   #5837
Sallyanne2
Closed Account

Weight Watchers Fruities and Butterscotch Drops

Be aware that WW Fruities now have 2 Pro Points per box not 1/2 point.
Also Butterscotch Drops have 4 pro points per box and not 1.
I was sold these last week at my WW meeting and told they were the same in pro points as points but when I did my calculations there was a big difference. I reckon they were just trying to sell their old stock, at my expense.
10-01-2011, 18:33   #5838
Lady Lainy

An interesting article!

I found this article online, I'm doing it as an experiment for the week just to see how it goes

This morning I woke and was wide awake at 6am, my alarm was due to go off at 6.30. So I decided to get up and do 20 mins or so on the treadmill before breakfast.

And you know what...I have felt fantastic all day....doing 20 mins of walking kinda woke my system up. Like warming up the engine before a long journey.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Walking-Firs...our-Metabolism

I been doing some reading online about the benefits of morning cardio. I found this article really interesting because it explained exactly how and why the morning exercise yields the best results.

So anyone wanna make an educated guess as to how many propoints would be in a slice of Cheese & Ham Quiche from the deli in a spar?
(3) thanks from:
10-01-2011, 18:39   #5839
jackmax

can anyone tell me the weight of a cooked bag of boil in the bag rice? i know 150g is 6pp but forgot to weigh the portion i used so am thinking if i knew the weight of the full bag then i would be able to work it out roughly? before being cooked the bag weighed 125g
10-01-2011, 18:48   #5840
tantipie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmax View Post
can anyone tell me the weight of a cooked bag of boil in the bag rice? i know 150g is 6pp but forgot to weigh the portion i used so am thinking if i knew the weight of the full bag then i would be able to work it out roughly? before being cooked the bag weighed 125g
for the smaller bags of rice think they62/64g before cooking they are 6pp
Advertisement
10-01-2011, 19:23   #5841
jackmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantipie View Post
for the smaller bags of rice think they62/64g before cooking they are 6pp
Thanks for your reply I just found the weight on the side of the box clearly didnt look properly the first time
10-01-2011, 20:11   #5842
littlefriend

Going to try that carbonara tomorrow.

For dinner today I had. -
200g frozen tiger prawns - 4pp
2 teaspoons olive oil - 3pp
1 chopped red chilli
2 cloves of garlic

Fry them all together (the water from the frozen prawns will melt off and mix with the oil to make a little bit of a sauce). Serve with rocket and baby leaf salad. YUM. Its a light dinner though so if hungry add some pasta.
Thanks from:
10-01-2011, 20:16   #5843
littlefriend

A twirl (both sticks) is 6pp.
Well worth it - they are unbelievably chocolatey.
(4) thanks from:
10-01-2011, 20:21   #5844
littlefriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkChick View Post
Hi m'lady, yeah I thought the same. I love having a hot chocolate in the evening, for me it's nicer than a bar of chocolate. I really think that skimmed milk is gone up. Its a small enough cup.
I use the options belgian hot chocolate of which a serving is 1pp. I make it with water and a bit of milk (like the same amount you'd add to coffee). It is really nice - try it! You can get a container of it or else in individual portions which are really handy to keep in your bag.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-01-2011, 20:28   #5845
Vickysg24

ok So I started weight watchers today and was unaware of the new pro points system. Does anyone know how many points would be in my homemade soup. I made a big batch of it today and used four potatoes, three carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, celery and three stock pots. So for each bowl how much will i value the pro points at?? I'd say it will make about ten bowls all together.

Also just calculated Ryvita using the online calculator and it says there is no points per slice... is this correct??
10-01-2011, 20:56   #5846
pracky2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefriend View Post
A twirl (both sticks) is 6pp.
Well worth it - they are unbelievably chocolatey.
Littlefriend thanks so much for this- I love twirls!!
Thanks from:
10-01-2011, 21:02   #5847
pracky2k10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyanne2 View Post
Be aware that WW Fruities now have 2 Pro Points per box not 1/2 point.
Also Butterscotch Drops have 4 pro points per box and not 1.
I was sold these last week at my WW meeting and told they were the same in pro points as points but when I did my calculations there was a big difference. I reckon they were just trying to sell their old stock, at my expense.
Oh-oh, I've been eating shedloads of these
Our leader said fruities were gone up to 1pp per box!
Oh well..think it might take me a while to get used to this pro points malarkey. Really great to have this support though
10-01-2011, 21:04   #5848
eimear1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickysg24 View Post
ok So I started weight watchers today and was unaware of the new pro points system. Does anyone know how many points would be in my homemade soup. I made a big batch of it today and used four potatoes, three carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, celery and three stock pots. So for each bowl how much will i value the pro points at?? I'd say it will make about ten bowls all together.

Also just calculated Ryvita using the online calculator and it says there is no points per slice... is this correct??
Point the potatoes per weight, they are 3 points per 150g, and the stock pots at one each. So if the spuds - for example - come to 7 points and 3 for the stock, makes ten points so a point per bowl. Depends how much the potatoes weigh really, but even with them in it, its a great way of filling up really!
With the ryvita, try calculating for 2 or 3 and see how they add up, you'll prob find they have points once you go past having just one. So if you have more at different times of the day you may as well point them together.

Last edited by eimear1; 10-01-2011 at 21:08. Reason: Additional info
10-01-2011, 21:18   #5849
Sallyanne2
Closed Account

Ryviita

I don't know about the soup but Ryvita have 1 point each. Extra slim Ryvita have 1 point for 2. Ordinary Ryvita have 1 point each.
10-01-2011, 21:24   #5850
Sallyanne2
Closed Account

Ryvita

Just double checked and a 10g Ryvita has Protein 0.9, Carb. 6.7, Fat 0.2 and Fibre 1.7 All adds up to 1 propoint.
Thread Closed