Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-08-2008, 18:45   #1
magick

Ghostly Waterford tales.....spooky!

While im a fan of the Paranormal forum, id rather see the post stay here as its only talking about local folklore/ghosts etc in the Waterford Area

I heard recently their was some sightings/weird things happening down near the bridge hotel.

Of course theirs the "ghost" of Garter Lane, also a few other places out by the kilmeaden road and near annestown/benvoy.

Now we all heard ghost stories when we were young, but is their any truth to them ?

I remember looking at old black and white photos of tramore one time and saw their was a place called the Haunted Well, its at the end of the secnic walkway in tramore, the well is bricked up now but the water still flows out of it down to the a peir (dont know the name of it).
Advertisement
01-08-2008, 19:17   #2
dlofnep
Closed Account

Obviously the bibe is the tale of the local Banshee.

There used to be an old broken down large house up Grace Dieu road that was used to go to. Not sure if it's still there. We'd call it the Haunted House. Not because it was, but it fit the description for youthful minds.
01-08-2008, 19:19   #3
Xyo

I was staying in that big house on the Tramore road that Tawdy always drinks outside for a school thing and I saw two ladies in white dresses on the ground floor but all the staff were adamant that no one works during the night.

They could have been messing with me and I could have imagined it, but you wanted spooky tales and it spooked me.
05-08-2008, 14:06   #4
garp

19 lady lane.... nuf said..
05-08-2008, 14:23   #5
Heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garp View Post
19 lady lane.... nuf said..
pray tell??

for a Dub who is only living in Waterford 8 years...
Advertisement
05-08-2008, 17:15   #6
Fajitas!

Send a message via Skype™ to Fajitas!
Don't know about that one myself?
05-08-2008, 17:54   #7
trishw78

Quote:
Originally Posted by magick View Post
While im a fan of the Paranormal forum, id rather see the post stay here as its only talking about local folklore/ghosts etc in the Waterford Area

I heard recently their was some sightings/weird things happening down near the bridge hotel.

Of course theirs the "ghost" of Garter Lane, also a few other places out by the kilmeaden road and near annestown/benvoy.

Now we all heard ghost stories when we were young, but is their any truth to them ?

I remember looking at old black and white photos of tramore one time and saw their was a place called the Haunted Well, its at the end of the secnic walkway in tramore, the well is bricked up now but the water still flows out of it down to the a peir (dont know the name of it).
are you talking about the Doneraile Walk and the Boat Cove at the end of the steps.
05-08-2008, 18:24   #8
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishw78 View Post
are you talking about the Doneraile Walk and the Boat Cove at the end of the steps.
I think so. The well isn't bricked up though, its still running as per old photos.
05-08-2008, 18:34   #9
magick

19 lady lane, any info on that? and yup Doneraile Walk and the Boat Cove at the end of the steps yup, thats what i was on about, anyone know why its knows as the haunted well ?
Advertisement
05-08-2008, 18:52   #10
Minto

Send a message via MSN to Minto
Quote:
19 lady lane, any info on that? and yup Doneraile Walk and the Boat Cove at the end of the steps yup, thats what i was on about, anyone know why its knows as the haunted well ?
Whats the annestown/benvoy one about? Also, isn't there the story about some farmer or something out by Ballinamona?
06-08-2008, 12:09   #11
garp

Quote:
Its was a run down slum a few years back (a few mates were living there) everyone of them had storys about the place. Some were strange others were run like fu*k strange. One lad (Lived in the attic room) left everything he owned and would not go back for love or money. My mate had to pack his stuff up for him.
06-08-2008, 16:52   #12
Heathen

so who is gonna spill the beans on 19n Lady lane then?? should we hold waterford beers there?
06-08-2008, 18:29   #13
magick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minto View Post
Whats the annestown/benvoy one about? Also, isn't there the story about some farmer or something out by Ballinamona?
well the area is difficult to descibe but its the house you pass just as ur coming onto a long straight (going to annestown) where u can finally see the sea, (i know my directions arent the best) but local lore has it that someone hung themselves in the place, and that the place is haunted.

Also on another note, theirs a warehouse out by the car dealerships between ntl and AOhell where a certain illegal radio station used to broadcast a few years back was haunted. This one i can defo say with some substance, firstly because my father used to work there and second i spoke to people who worked there and all claimed the same spooky goings on.

Last edited by magick; 06-08-2008 at 18:33.
06-08-2008, 22:17   #14
Typhoon.
Closed Account

What about the house up at Carrols cross.. I know its in the county but everyone knows about this house.....anyone any info on that??
Thanks from:
06-08-2008, 22:45   #15
smaoifs

Taxi driver was telling me one night he dropped 3 girls somewhere just outside Cheekpoint. He pulled into a drive to swing around and the girls jumped straight back in. Whatever they saw freaked the bejaysus outta them! Gracedieu, we're always hearing noises. Nan and Dad say banshee, cynical mother says a fox!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion