Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-07-2008, 09:35   #1
ssmith6287

best pubs and clubs in killarney

i go down evry couple of weeks, ive a lot of family in firies. but i have to say the best pubs in ireland are in this town. the only thing is i dont really go off the beaten track. tend to hit Scotts, Scruffys, McSorleys, Tatler Jack, and Kube, then usually into crypt. any locals know of any pubs with a bit of banther in them and maybe a few rebel tunes
Advertisement
31-07-2008, 13:32   #2
oeb

Send a message via MSN to oeb
Courtneys (Up the road from the tatler) is good craic.

When it comes to rebel music maybe the Danny Man down new street (Across the road from Den Joes). They often have live bands there, and alot of them would be rebel themed. When Scotts have live bands it's that kinda stuff too.
31-07-2008, 19:35   #3
kerry4sam

if you want a bar with thise qualities and traits then maybe yeah Courtneys and/or Failte and/or O'Connors (high street) or even JackC's (also high street).

Some bars may have rebel tunes on a once-off basis, you may get lucky on the night
31-07-2008, 20:11   #4
oeb

JackC's has live music? Any time I have ever been in there it's mostly just the older folks from the hungry hill area drinking.

Nice pub though, everyone is really friendly, and there is a class aerial photo of Killarney taken about 60 years ago on the wall.
07-08-2008, 15:34   #5
dingle

Heading on a stag down that direction in a couple of weeks.

What's the best pub/restuarant/club for a gang of lads (around ten). We wouldn't be too loud or rowdy and relatively well-behaved
Advertisement
07-08-2008, 16:02   #6
oeb

Depends what you are into really. There are some great restraunts in town.
Foleys is a great place for steak.
Trevards (However you spell it) is a top class place, favorite restraunt in town.

On the lower pricing scale the Granary bar has a good restraunt attached to it.

Clubwise there is three clubs in Killarney. McSorleys, The Grand and Mustangs. McSorleys seems to be decent enough these days, The Grand is always jointed, never been a fan of Mustangs. The Grand and McSorleys both have a live band playing in their attached bar most nights.

Pubwise, if there is a crowd there Scruffys can be a laugh, Charlie Foleys is a popular spot, but I have never been a fan myself. And Scotts is normally pretty good for the talent.
07-08-2008, 16:51   #7
kerry4sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb View Post
Pubwise, if there is a crowd there Scruffys can be a laugh, Charlie Foleys is a popular spot, but I have never been a fan myself. And Scotts is normally pretty good for the talent.

the only problem with Scruffys is that it is really popular with Hen Party's and if they have a few in there on the night you are in town they prob won't allow the Stag party in the door ... best go incotnito to stand a chance of getting in the door
07-08-2008, 18:30   #8
gerocks
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingle View Post
What's the best pub/restuarant/club for a gang of lads (around ten).
Far too young to be drinking.
Tut tut.
Thanks from:
08-08-2008, 08:25   #9
oeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry4sam View Post
the only problem with Scruffys is that it is really popular with Hen Party's and if they have a few in there on the night you are in town they prob won't allow the Stag party in the door ... best go incotnito to stand a chance of getting in the door
Aye, but with a stag party you are better off going down that route wherever you go. (Especially club wise)
Advertisement
23-09-2008, 22:26   #10
vulcan57

Whats happening in the Failte these days? Used to work there many moons ago.
24-09-2008, 03:14   #11
kerry4sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan57 View Post
too much since the all-ireland final...good atmosphere on normal days/weekends though, i enjoy the failte...cant go too far wrong before hitting a few more places
25-02-2009, 19:21   #12
JP Liz

Scruffys is good and its a late bar
27-02-2009, 11:13   #13
dmeehan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan57 View Post
the failte seems to be having a bit of a revivial
was in there on saturday night and it was packed to the rafters
27-02-2009, 20:32   #14
kerry4sam

Now folks! Strictly for the good of this thread only and for the good people who read and post here enquiring about the nightlife in Killarney, namely the 'best pubs and clubs in Killarney', I will personally hit the town of Killarney tonight.

I will tour the pubs and clubs and talk to the good people in those places and even those I find wandering the streets of this town (at various intervals during the night) and get their input also and report back when I wake up tommorrow and manage to focus enough to post here...and tell you what the consensus was on this Friday night
28-02-2009, 04:00   #15
kerry4sam

Mods:

Can we move the Best Pubs and Clubs in Killarney thread into the actual Killarney thread? It would make more sense and create a tad more banter in the actual Killarney thread in my opinion

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion