If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weclome richersounds.ie

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys todays deal is a one off

- we have one Onkyo TXSR705 details here - http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/product_en_2008_5875701.html

Which is a 14 Day exchange - As new boxed with all the accys -

we retail it at £599/ Approx €770 - but for this one we can do it at £399.95 - approx €500 (and free delivery for boardies.....as we said 1st come today 1st served,

mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie or PM me...

Thanks as ever,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Hmm, this or the 875?? Oh, the humanity....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

johnmc wrote: »
    Batman, thanks for your message - yes you can order via my office directly,01.843.9231 or via the mail order hotline 04890.33.00.44 or via sales@richersounds.ie or using the website richersounds.ie.

If you mention on any of them you are from Boards.ie all the guys know now that Boardies are to get free delivery on everything except TV (1/2 price on TV ie £20 nationwide)

Alternatively as above just drop me a line and I'll sort it out personally for you,

Thanks again for the msg...John Mc

True to his word he sorted on out for me today.

He got one and put it on hold toda in the Philips shop in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

kearnsr wrote: »
    Try to his word he sorted on out for me today.

He got one and put it on hold toda in the Philips shop in Dublin

Me too. To date JMc has sorted out a new amp & speakers for me at a great price and he's ordered a 46in lcd tv from the Richersounds UK store that I've been told is now reserved for me and will be delivered soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This is a win win situation really. Boards folks should get great customer service and good deals and in return, Richer Sounds will get PLENTY of business from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Im new to boards but its great to see the level of value and customer service being offered to boardies by richer sounds. In in the market for an Amp and speakers and theres only one place im going to buy from.
    Full marks all round:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Me too. To date JMc has sorted out a new amp & speakers for me at a great price and he's ordered a 46in lcd tv from the Richersounds UK store that I've been told is now reserved for me and will be delivered soon.
    Ditto,

50' plasma on the way over from the UK for me.

Fair play to John nice to see some good customer service when your handing over such a large amount of money, for a change!

Complete different world to a DSG shop thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep here too, a tasty 47" has my name on it as soon as it's in the stores. Not forgetting the little matter of an TXSR705 amp a few posts up and a set of Kef KHT2005.2 speakers added into the mix just for the sake of it :)

Happy days!

Yeah full marks all round to Richersounds - while they've gotten over €2,700 worth of business out of me, I've gotten my new amp, speakers and 46in samsung lcd for a lot less than I'd have paid in our overpriced and underserved (by grumpy, ignorant salespeople - Peats anyone?) shops in this country.

Side rant - I previously tried to buy this samsung tv in powercity and DID and despite being asked to fork over €2,000 for the privilege, they treated me with complete contempt, made out I was disturbing them from their slumber, had to try to drag information out of them on this particular tv etc. Sod them, I'll never buy anything from them again. And the best bit, I got this tv for over €500 less than I'd have paid in powercity or DID:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

And the best bit, I got this tv for over €500 less than I'd have paid in powercity or DID:D

Exactly, i got a full HD screen for the price of a HD ready one in DID ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Just ordered a 42" Plasma!!!! How long did ye wait for delivery??

I cant wait - im like my 6 yr old son hyper at Christmas time:P:D

Now what am I going to do to pass the time................

Btw, it just proves that everyone wants good customer service (and a bargain thrown in of course). The service round here is crap, never even give a potential customer any hint of a bargain!! So well done to Richer Sounds again!!

And thanks John!

Boardies,

Just a quick note - if any of you guys are travelling to Belfast this weekend to see Ireland's finest Hi-fi/TV store (Ok I am gilding the lily just a touch - the place is a shambles completely full of kit!) ....

PLEASE DON'T!!!!! PLEASE DON'T!!!!!PLEASE DON'T!!!!!

As we are closing from tonight (Thursday) reopening next Wednesday for a full shopfit.

Now for any of you guys who have ever visited a Richer Sounds Store before you will be shocked at the thought of a Richer Sounds having a shopfit as we are famous for always spending less than a tenner on our stores* - but Belfast is now 13 years old and very tired and needs a clean-up. (but don't expect carpets and soft lighting!!)

We will be on the phones and on-line over the whole weekend if anyone needs advice or has a pressing desire to spend money and as usual our mail order/online dept/ will be despatching kit every day...

As ever drop me a line if I can assist and normality (Richer MAD normality) should resume next WEDNESDAY!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc
    * a tenner in either Euro or Sterling - whatever's worth less at the time....

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just to say I got a phone call from the boys in RC at ten to four yesterday about my new gear being sent out. Well I jumped up and down with joy when the bloke from DHL rang me this morning at 10 am to say it's here!

You guys are fast!

Everything is dandy and sounding just fine btw:)

Thanks!

Boardies,

Special Saturday shopfitting type deal....

We have 2 pairs of Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 speakers in Black - as new (they were bought by a Customer and exchanged for larger Monitor Audios the same day!) in P E R F E C T condition - we normally retail them at £189.95 - grab one or two pairs at just £75 each including delivery anywhere in Ireland!!!

Details here http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/product.php?product=55

These speakers are immaculate as new...

1st come 1st served..

PM or mail me to johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks as ever!

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Hi
    Just wondering were the monitor speakers taken. I sent john an email about them but he didnt reply yet.
    Thanks

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering were the monitor speakers taken. I sent john an email about them but he didnt reply yet.
    Thanks

Ive sent a couple of mails to John myself and havent had a reply either....maybe he's on holidays or something.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markdro

Is the AJ5100 DAB offer still on

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

markdro wrote: »
    Is the AJ5100 DAB offer still on

Yes John replied to a thread yesterday saying that they were still available at €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markdro

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Yes John replied to a thread yesterday saying that they were still available at €29.99.

Just ordered one... at €29.99 plus 9.99shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Had a reply from John yesterday on a PM sent to him during the week. Slight delays on his side due to the refurbishment of the Belfast shop. He will reply in time I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,177 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Looking at this TV Samsung SM2032MW 20 inch LCD (LCD). 254 from richersounds delivered or 270 from powercity up the road. I'll have a think about it. Anyone got an opinion on it?

Its just an upgrade for my 20'' Beko CRT (which is the best TV purchase I have ever made!-It just lacks a HDMI.)

Its only a 16e difference but Powercity Coolock is literally only up the road if there was a problem.

I bought a 46inch Samsung series 6 off them and though I wasn't too happy with the purchase, John Mc of Richersounds phoned me up and offered a replacement or a refund no questions asked. Thats damn good service if you ask me.

I've had cause to bring electrical items back to Powercity and DID and was put through the wringer trying to get refunds or replacements e.g. new hoover blows up after a week and the guy in DID tells me it might have been caused by too much dust being sucked up by the machine - I sh!t you not!!!!!:rolleyes: Funny cause thats what I thought hoovers were for - silly me:D

in fairness it is the exact same model tho. Di you have to post it back to Richersounds? Theres also the added bonus of not having to be home when the product is delivered with PowerCity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Why's that? Do they leave it sitting at the front door or fire it over the garden wall into the back? :D

Huh? If Im not here I assume it goes to the Post Office Depot. Which would probly be clsoed before I get home.

PowerCity is open later.

noodler wrote: »
    in fairness it is the exact same model tho. Di you have to post it back to Richersounds? Theres also the added bonus of not having to be home when the product is delivered with PowerCity.

While I was totally disgusted with the picture when I got it (really awful for a full HD tv), I haven't sent it back yet as I've changed the picture settings (completely from the sh!te factory settings) and updated the firmware and am still trying out different DVD's and Blu Rays to make my mind up on the picture. John Mc said that he'd have it collected and returned to Belfast if I remained unhappy with it - I was charged £20 for delivery btw and I'm unclear if I'd have to pay that to have it returned.

As for price differential, this tv is almost €2,000 in Powercity and I got it for €1,380 from Richersounds. Thats why I bought it from them.

If you see my previous posts man my decision is based on a much cheaper TV. With only a 15e price differential.

The delivery is a tough one. Theres probly ppl out there who don't know what they want (or have silly expectations) and may return stuff like that for no good reason. If thats the case then the company would have to protect itself, no?

With a price difference of just 15Euro I have to admit I'd buy locally. If you were going to save the kind of money Dave did then thats a different story.
    By the way dave hows the TV now?

Yeah, Im thinking that. I have no worries about going to PowerCity if there was a problem. Ill get what I was owed if something broke.

• Advertisement

Thats the major advantage.....any problem, stick it in the back of the car and straight to the shop. I know richer sounds offer good after sales but you are still buying from a shop in another country and for the money you are saving on that tv its just not worth it. If you were buying a big kickass tv for a couple of grand then I would buy from Richersounds for sure.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.