Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-06-2008, 10:54   #1
BO-JANGLES

Tickets for PortAventura Salou

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best deal or a family ticket to Portaventura Theme Park in Salou? Family 2 adults and 2 children heading there in August and wondering if it is best to get tickets in Ireland or at the Gate of the theme park. Also do tickets cover admitance for the water parks too.

Thanks...Bojangles
Advertisement
22-06-2008, 11:00   #2
BO-JANGLES

Tickets for PortAventura Salou

HI, Heading to Salou in August and wonder if it is better to buy the tickets for Portaventura theme park in Ireland or is it better to buy them over there in Salou. Also what does the ticket cover????

Thanks Bo-jangles
22-06-2008, 11:03   #3
Ponster

Mod: Travel
Send a message via Yahoo to Ponster Send a message via Skype™ to Ponster
Did you not find out what you need to know on their website ?

http://www.portaventura.co.uk/
22-06-2008, 11:03   #4
nava

Hi

if you stay at any of the Hotels they also include unlimited entrance to the park plus I think 1 ticket fot he Aqua park.
22-06-2008, 11:04   #5
mad m

When i brought family few years back we got the tickets from travel agent,it was a two week pass with one day entry to the water park. We went for the whole week taking a days break here and there. We ended up giving the tickets away for the last week of our holidays, we were just wrecked. It did work out cheaper getting them here.Loved it btw.
Advertisement
22-06-2008, 11:08   #6
BO-JANGLES

Checked out website

Thanks for the link but I am looking for a comparison for what they offer and whats on offer here.

Bo_jangles
22-06-2008, 11:10   #7
Ponster

Mod: Travel
Send a message via Yahoo to Ponster Send a message via Skype™ to Ponster
Ok. Well there are over 10 threads in the Travel section alone concering Portaventura so take a look through those...
23-06-2008, 09:39   #8
dak

Was there in June last year ! Cheaper to get tickets before you go. We bought tickets for a week and got the second week free it still cost us 400 euro approx and unfortunately ended up being a disaster as my 10year old son was 138/139 cm and was not allowed on the larger rides .

They enforce the 140cm rule rigidly so if any of your kids are smaller than that there are less options

We ended up going just 2 days so it was quite expensive. I think you get one entry into the water park but we didn't bother going.

You can buy express passes @ €20per person per day to save queing. Queues can be quite long - I seem to remember waiting for an hour and a quarter for a big water boats.
31-05-2009, 08:54   #9
micratoyota

Port Aventura Tickets

Hi On the 12th May, I bought tickets on line to the value of €155. which now appears on my Visa statement. The problem being I have received no tickets even after sending 2 e mails and another one last night which i know wouldn't be answered on Sat I bought them from Theme Park Tickets Direct Ireland which seem to have various addresses even in England. Yet the address on my Visa statement if Jersey. I am getting worried now and there terms and conditions states they would be delivered in up to 14 days.
Advertisement
01-06-2009, 22:55   #10
ve

Is it possible to just buy a single day pass for this park?

I was on www.portaventura.co.uk and the min is a 4 day pass which costs approx €65 (a lot IMO). I would only really be interested in going for a day or 2 at the very most. It depends on the price.

Also is there really only one site online (above) to buy these tickets in advance that is genuine?
02-06-2009, 23:07   #11
ZOLTAN28

We have done it a few different ways - most of the English and Irish bars in Salou and Cambrils sell tickets for the park and they can be quite cheap although tickets bought at the park are a similar price - you may get some discounts or extra prices by shopping around..

Last time we went we bought our tickets from budget before we went - cost about 400 which covere the six of us (3 adults, 3 children) for the two weeks we would be there. We did this knowing full well that we wouldn't be going t the park every day (it would kill you) but it meant we could go three and four times and pick the days we went. If you plan on going at leat three days I would seriously consider pre-buying your tickets like this.
15-06-2009, 14:21   #12
micratoyota

Port Aventura tickets

I got the 14 day tickets as for 1 adult 1senior and 2 children the difference in price for the 4 days(in a row) was only €16. Total cost €155. Now we can go when we please. One warning though. I booked and paid for the tickets on 12th May, but did not receive them until last Friday and then only because after 3 e mails 3 phone calls I told them I was going on 15th (to-day) instead of the 22nd June. I like to have everything ready and was getting a little afraid of booking on line. The company was themeparkticketsdirect.ie but the tickets arrived from Keith Prowse and Seatem in Donegal. Give an earlier departure date if you want your tickets in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLTAN28 View Post
We have done it a few different ways - most of the English and Irish bars in Salou and Cambrils sell tickets for the park and they can be quite cheap although tickets bought at the park are a similar price - you may get some discounts or extra prices by shopping around..

Last time we went we bought our tickets from budget before we went - cost about 400 which covere the six of us (3 adults, 3 children) for the two weeks we would be there. We did this knowing full well that we wouldn't be going t the park every day (it would kill you) but it meant we could go three and four times and pick the days we went. If you plan on going at leat three days I would seriously consider pre-buying your tickets like this.
15-06-2009, 21:37   #13
ve

What is this posting out tickets mallarky?

I assumed if you bought your tickets online, you got some e-ticket/code that you can simply bring to the entrance to gain admission. Is this not the case?

If I go on to the likes of www.portaventura.co.uk and book some tickets, do I have to wait for them to be delivered?

I am travelling next week and have yet to purchase......f*ck

Anyone know the story?
15-06-2009, 22:49   #14
micratoyota

Port Aventura tickets

I bought the tickets online from "themeparkticketsdirect.com " enter on the Irish flag and prices will be in euro, and they did actually send out 4 tickets with a lot of Spanish info on them. With the e-ticket code you have to get it changed in the park when you get there. How long that takes I do not know. If you were sourcing the cheapest (but same) tickets this company comes out second cheapest . The cheapest is only for UK residents. Three of the tickets have €69 printed on them but only cost €31 and the adult shows €86 but cost €62. So they are presumably good value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve View Post
What is this posting out tickets mallarky?

I assumed if you bought your tickets online, you got some e-ticket/code that you can simply bring to the entrance to gain admission. Is this not the case?

If I go on to the likes of www.portaventura.co.uk and book some tickets, do I have to wait for them to be delivered?

I am travelling next week and have yet to purchase......f*ck

Anyone know the story?

Last edited by micratoyota; 15-06-2009 at 22:56.
16-06-2009, 14:03   #15
Dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve View Post
Is it possible to just buy a single day pass for this park?

I was on www.portaventura.co.uk and the min is a 4 day pass which costs approx €65 (a lot IMO). I would only really be interested in going for a day or 2 at the very most. It depends on the price.
Friends of mine were there 2 weeks ago and it cost €45 per adult for a two day pass (it was billed as one free day). they had 2 kids so it cost €90 for 2 days for 2 adults and two kids. They bought tickets at the entrance on the day.

When i last went in 2007, there were loads of Irish/English bars offering two for one discounts if you bought a certain drink etc (eg we got two for one when I bought 2 pints of carlsberg) so if you're staying in the town look out for these.

Entrance to the waterpark in Portaventura is by a seperate ticket and not covered with general admission. All rides/shows etc are free once in there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion