Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-05-2008, 14:37   #1
brennaldo

How Come Richard Never Ages

After recent episodes ive (and im sure others have) noticed one of "the others" named richard doesnt get older. He has been seen in a number of occations.

In season 3, a ben flashback, we see when ben runs off he runs into richard in the jungle as richard was one of the hostiles. he asks ben was he lost and he looks mid thithys.

Another scene he was in was when locke joined the others and he explains to locke its pretty amazing how a man in a wheelchair somehow able to walk. again he looks mid thirthys the same age as he was when ben was a kid.

The most confusing one is a recent episode with john locke flashback showing him growing up. When john was born Richard yet again was there with him and he looks the same even a bit older than other scenes and it begs the question.....

who and what is richard
Advertisement
21-05-2008, 14:45   #2
loon

he uses the island to time travel.
21-05-2008, 21:54   #3
seanironmaiden

he's "some boy", whoever he is
22-05-2008, 09:11   #4
Indie18

he is really jacob
22-05-2008, 09:13   #5
Sherifu

Capri Sun.
Advertisement
22-05-2008, 10:44   #6
MikeHoncho

Oil of olay first thing in the morning and just before bed at night. He also has a high fibre diet and doesnt smoke or drink.
Thanks from:
23-05-2008, 14:24   #7
token56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie18 View Post
he is really jacob

I am going with this one
23-05-2008, 14:30   #8
Trilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho View Post
Oil of olay first thing in the morning and just before bed at night. He also has a high fibre diet and doesnt smoke or drink.
thats just a lie
23-05-2008, 16:29   #9
Talisman

I think we already have the answer in the fact that Michael cannot die because the island isn't done with him/he has redeemed himself for the murder of the two women.

What are the chances that Richard Alpert was a member of the crew or captain of the slaving ship "The Black Rock" and that Jacob/The Island is keeping him alive until he atones for his crimes. A rickety old man would be of new use on the island but an immortal man in his prime would. It would also explain why Alpert is not the leader of the others.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-05-2008, 22:11   #10
Fridge

Yeah this guy is one of the most interesting things about the show.
I never forget his face, cos I remember him from Suddenly Susan years ago. Otherwise I might never have noticed he was in it several times.

I wonder if the Others really know he's been around for so long.

Also confused as to why he was annoyed Locke picked the knife as something he already owns. I thought maybe he'd want him to have special powers, so surely picking the knife indicates that he would. Was the comic book the right answer? Just wonder exactly what he was looking for.
26-05-2008, 01:13   #11
Slarkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
Yeah this guy is one of the most interesting things about the show.
I never forget his face, cos I remember him from Suddenly Susan years ago. Otherwise I might never have noticed he was in it several times.

I wonder if the Others really know he's been around for so long.
Well ben would remember him being that age from when he was a kid so ben atleast knows and im sure some of the othersd who have eben on the island for 15-20 odd years would notice him not aging
26-05-2008, 11:09   #12
bazwaldo

No sense in guessing ages on this show. Aaron is meant to be a few weeks old and is the size of 6 month old with his head shaved. Might as well cast The man with the scores George Dawes.
26-05-2008, 17:10   #13
kevmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
I think we already have the answer in the fact that Michael cannot die because the island isn't done with him/he has redeemed himself for the murder of the two women.

What are the chances that Richard Alpert was a member of the crew or captain of the slaving ship "The Black Rock" and that Jacob/The Island is keeping him alive until he atones for his crimes. A rickety old man would be of new use on the island but an immortal man in his prime would. It would also explain why Alpert is not the leader of the others.
Thats a cool theory. Not sure if it's true but it would be nice.

I still reckon at least some of the Others are natives who live extremely long lives, not immortal or never aging but very slowly growing older. Maybe Dharma did something on the island which prevents them from having children and this is why the overthrew Dharma to see if they can again reproduce so they won't become extinct. In the mean time they have to recruit from the outside to keep up numbers
26-05-2008, 19:17   #14
AdrianII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho View Post
i heard it was nivea for men
30-05-2008, 13:39   #15
randomchild

Holy water.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size