Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-05-2008, 19:15   #316
kerry4sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymc1 View Post
Is there anybody here who did not get mail today from PAS? Friend of mine did not get one from them, he's ringing them tommorow to find out what has happened.
When I was applying in feb I never received the e-mail when most others did but people here on boards gave me the number to ring to arrange my date for stage1 exam. I phoned the morning the lines opened and got my date and time and phoned PAS afterward and it was just a "clerical error affecting people on one of their mailing lists"
Advertisement
28-05-2008, 20:05   #317
karlokarl

Probably a stupid question but do you just fill in all the info on the Interiew App. Form on your computer and then e-mail it back? i.e. no handwriting involved?? Sorry, but not up to date on this kind of thing!!
28-05-2008, 20:06   #318
Dr_MaSoN

Send a message via MSN to Dr_MaSoN
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlokarl View Post
Probably a stupid question but do you just fill in all the info on the Interiew App. Form on your computer and then e-mail it back? i.e. no handwriting involved?? Sorry, but not up to date on this kind of thing!!
yes, its all on the computer.

Its tedious but thats how it has to be done.
28-05-2008, 23:35   #319
DustyMan
Closed Account

Age limit and the Gardai?

Hi all, has anyone any opinion of the age limit rule i.e 35. Will it ever be lifted? Sure I know it was from 26 to 35 a couple of years ago but will they raise it again. The majority of forces in UK including PSNI (age limit 50 I believe?), US and Australia have no upper age limit.
Also is it possible they (Gardai) could (as in other forces worldwide) allow people who have served say 2 years in the reserves a chance to apply to the full time force with no conditions regarding age, within reason! ;-)
Just wondering does anyone have any opinions on the above?
Thanks from:
29-05-2008, 00:50   #320
goouch

I ADDED mine as an E-Mail attachment, and sent it off this evening i wouldnt delay with what they ask for, take yer time at the scenarios as this forms your interview,,,,,
Advertisement
29-05-2008, 01:02   #321
horse1

with regards the employment history on the interview app form, can you give your employment history from when you finished college instead of when you finished school. it says school or college. just wondering
29-05-2008, 08:04   #322
srdb20

From what i can remember you must give ALL your employment history....

With in reason, i believe there is some stipulation (Read the Form, it should be on it somewhere, unless its changed) on the form about not needing to put down employment details for jobs not lasting longer than 2 weeks or something like that!!

Others Boardsies will confirm, but better to be safe then sorry.
29-05-2008, 09:37   #323
shakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by goouch View Post
I ADDED mine as an E-Mail attachment, and sent it off this evening i wouldnt delay with what they ask for, take yer time at the scenarios as this forms your interview,,,,,
you have to have it in for the 5th so whether you send it now or on the day wont put you up or down
29-05-2008, 10:55   #324
sfhawke7w
Closed Account

scenarios

help

achieving high standards?

making balanced decisions?

working with others? community or work based

persuading others and taking charge?

have ideas but not sure whether they relevant, can anyone give me some help!

thanks
Advertisement
29-05-2008, 11:14   #325
srdb20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhawke7w View Post
help

have ideas but not sure whether they relevant, can anyone give me some help!

thanks
They are not looking for you to fill these scenarios with storys of how you saved the day and are some kind of hero.

Some examples below, but with a caveat attached

*TBH you are better off thinking of scenario's that you know and have experience of because it will be easier to talk about and recall.

Could be anything, passing a driving test, studying for college exams, preparing for the actual PAS Interview itself.

Dealing with problems in work etc....

Teamwork..... this one is kind of easy to come up with scenario's so need to elaborate

Team Leader, Captain of a football team etc,,,

Use examples from your life, trust me this is a much better way to do it, also if you read the scenarios they give a short synopsis including the key values they are looking for, just have a good think about it and you will come up with times when you have used them.

Make sure you have an example of how you would apply all the scenarios to life in AGS.

And have plenty of backups ready, usually its good to have 2 extra just in case.

Final point would be DO NOT LIE, they will sniff it out and unravel you in the interview.

They have interviewed 100's of candidates so they know when your telling lies.

*All the above is just my opinion, but it worked for me.

P.s Sorry about the long post!!!

Last edited by srdb20; 29-05-2008 at 11:16.
29-05-2008, 11:55   #326
sfhawke7w
Closed Account

thanks have read them a few times but just not sure what to put down, will have another good read this evening, also found some info on net about skills and experiences and how to elaborate on them so will get working on it.
29-05-2008, 14:43   #327
mc-panda

Should an example of how these skills could be used in AGS be included in text on the actual Interview Application Form, or should we just keep this in mind for verbal communication at the interview?

Silly question? Probably. I just want to make sure I dot all my is and cross every t.
29-05-2008, 14:49   #328
ojewriej

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-panda View Post
Should an example of how these skills could be used in AGS be included in text on the actual Interview Application Form, or should we just keep this in mind for verbal communication at the interview?

Silly question? Probably. I just want to make sure I dot all my is and cross every t.
Don't put it on the form, but they will ask you about it during the interview.
02-06-2008, 17:51   #329
rebels

hey all

iam new to this thread i ha ve a hearing aid in one ear really small will this go against me in the process
02-06-2008, 17:56   #330
ojewriej

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebels View Post
iam new to this thread i ha ve a hearing aid in one ear really small will this go against me in the process
You have to pass a hearing test, so i'm afraid it will.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion