Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 12:26   #1
Rob_l
Registered User
 
Rob_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,783
Somethign we all wanted to know how to do

How to deep fry a battered mars bar at home
Perfect cuisine for the BGRH
http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?Dis...esolution=high
Rob_l is offline  
Advertisement
12-02-2008, 12:39   #2
John Mason
Hosted Moderator
 
John Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 10,038
HMod: PFJ
LOL, i just told buckieburd about this, she thinks it looks lovely
John Mason is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:41   #3
Rob_l
Registered User
 
Rob_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbird View Post
LOL, i just told buckieburd about this, she thinks it looks lovely
It actually does look kinda tasty
Rob_l is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:41   #4
Cathmandooo
Gifterator
 
Cathmandooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15,953
Aparently it's delicious, theres a take away off pearse street that does it, battered curly wurlys are popular in there!
Cathmandooo is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:43   #5
buckieburd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_l View Post
How to deep fry a battered mars bar at home
Perfect cuisine for the BGRH
http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?Dis...esolution=high
mmmmm I miss home.......
buckieburd is offline  
Advertisement
12-02-2008, 12:46   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 372
Dear God that's just a heart attack in a convient hand size portion
Baudelaire is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:46   #7
Rob_l
Registered User
 
Rob_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckieburd View Post
mmmmm I miss home.......
Scottish people understand BGRH

Quote:
The Scottish Diet
«Any and all thing you can eat
# But this proportion always heed: A third from fat
# A third from sugar
# A third from alcohol
From time to time, you can eat a small amount of fruits, in the form of jams or preserves, or even better, distilled.»

http://fxcuisine.com/default.asp?Dis...esolution=high

Last edited by Rob_l; 12-02-2008 at 12:50.
Rob_l is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:56   #8
buckieburd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 410
Whenever I go home i always go to the local chipper and get a deep fried steak pie chips a big pickled onion. Why do Irish chippers not sell the pickled onions why oh why.......oh and fritters....its a travesty....
buckieburd is offline  
12-02-2008, 12:58   #9
Rob_l
Registered User
 
Rob_l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckieburd View Post
Whenever I go home i always go to the local chipper and get a deep fried steak pie chips a big pickled onion. Why do Irish chippers not sell the pickled onions why oh why.......oh and fritters....its a travesty....
yeah maybe, but I do know this Scottish battered sausages are feckin horrible.

Pie's are good I wish more chippers here sold pies though
Rob_l is offline  
Advertisement
12-02-2008, 12:59   #10
Tom Dunne
Comfortably numb
 
Tom Dunne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 20,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckieburd View Post
Whenever I go home i always go to the local chipper and get a deep fried steak pie chips a big pickled onion. Why do Irish chippers not sell the pickled onions why oh why.......oh and fritters....its a travesty....
Now there's a business opportunity for you! Open one up. Now, do they deep fry the picked onion, or would that be just weird?
Tom Dunne is online now  
12-02-2008, 13:03   #11
buckieburd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dunne View Post
Now there's a business opportunity for you! Open one up. Now, do they deep fry the picked onion, or would that be just weird?
No the onion is not fried, it counts as one of your 5 a day....
buckieburd is offline  
12-02-2008, 13:18   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 37,402
Afternoon Leslie
_blank_ is offline  
12-02-2008, 13:25   #13
buckieburd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesF View Post
Afternoon Leslie
You will die my friend.......

A man was found badly injured in mysterious circumstances in St Stephen Green at approx 1.15am 13th Feb 2008. Gardi found what they believed to be a deep fried Mars Bar visciously lodged in the victims thoat. Inquires are ongoing at this stage....
buckieburd is offline  
12-02-2008, 13:36   #14
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 37,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckieburd View Post
You will die my friend.......

A man was found badly injured in mysterious circumstances in St Stephen Green at approx 1.15am 13th Feb 2008. Gardi found what they believed to be a deep fried Mars Bar visciously lodged in the victims thoat. Inquires are ongoing at this stage....
What if I offered you, say, sixty euro?
_blank_ is offline  
12-02-2008, 13:39   #15
buckieburd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 410
Higher!!!
buckieburd is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet