Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eamon Cooke

• 23-09-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Is this guy still in the slammer ? just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Who is he and why's he in the slammer??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

He's a pretty famous character from the glory days of pirate radio in Dublin.

He was brought up on sexual assualt charges against minors. I'm not sure of his current status I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

AFAIK he is and will be for a good while.

Have a read of Radio Radio, if its still out there. With hindsight some of the stuff in it about him is scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shattered

he's still banged up he got 10years but has already served a few on his earlier conviction he might he out in about 2years. he is the worst person to ever walk this earth i should know as i am his daughter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Holy shít...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭miketv

AFAIK he is and will be for a good while.

Have a read of Radio Radio, if its still out there. With hindsight some of the stuff in it about him is scary.

Its a fantastic read.
    Its not available to buy anylonger but Rathmines Library have a copy or at least they did have. Its by Peter Mulryan as far as I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RDR19

The captain died today.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

For some reason the moderators deleted the last thread about his death that was highly critical of him. This news is shocking if proven to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭grind gremlin

For some reason the moderators deleted the last thread about his death that was highly critical of him. This news is shocking if proven to be true.
    I noticed his death wasn't mentioned in the press for a few days after I saw the thread on here. Wondering if the media were asked to keep it out of the press until after he had been buried.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's some breakthrough to maybe finally having this mystery solved. It was always something that fascinated me in terms of what happened, i was only a kid myself at the time, younger than he was.

What took this woman so long though. He's avoided jail for this crime and the family, with his death, have now probably lost the best chance of retrieving a body and having a grave to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What a coincidence that Gardaí now believe that this inhuman thug is the man who murdered Philip Cairns in 1986. He died just over a week ago'
    Huge questions need to be answered here.!!
    The witness came forward last year. Why wasn't it highlighted back then.?
    It has been widely reported that this thug was part of a paedophile ring in that area for many decades. Was there a person or persons of high influence involved in that ring that feared this thug would 'spill the beans'
    We await answers.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

grind gremlin;99993089
    I noticed his death wasn't mentioned in the press for a few days after I saw the thread on here. Wondering if the media were asked to keep it out of the press until after he had been buried.....

It was on the Irish Star on last Tuesday (7th June) page 16

Earlier this hour there was an interview about Eamon Cooke with journalist Paul Williams on the Pat Kenny show on NT. The Cork 107.8 NT transmitter actually went off the air during the interview, but I was able to continue listening on FM by retuning to the weaker (where I was) 107.4. (Its back on the air)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Antenna wrote: »
    I noticed his death wasn't mentioned in the press for a few days after I saw the thread on here. Wondering if the media

It was on the Irish Star on last Tuesday (7th June) page 16

Earlier this hour there was an interview about Eamon Cooke with journalist Paul Williams on the Pat Kenny show on NT. The Cork 107.8 NT transmitter actually went off the air during the interview, but I was able to continue listening on FM by retuning to the weaker (where I was) 107.4. (Its back on the air)

Paul Williams also on Today with SOR just after 10. Much in the Jimmy Saville mode. Hopefully lessons will be learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

May he rot in hell.

Advertisement