Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3 X-Series software files? please

Options
  • 09-09-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

wow lots of 3 threads :)

hi I'm, using my E61 with 3 X-Series silver all i well but i can not download any of the software like skype, orb, mail and so on because (i think) the planet3 page sees that i am not using a "compatible" phone. does anyone know were to get the installation files? i found some but they are for 3 UK and dial a UK number. please this would so help me out sine fring does not work and neither does any other voip application.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

i found it my self :) go to http://mobile.3ireland.ie/sdf/skypexrdr on your mobile browser and you will be able to download it. it also gave the option as to what 3 network i was on (Ireland. UK, oz etc) so it might be an international version for all 3 x-series users. good luck

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Yes, I got Skype for my N95 from the UK service but when setting it up the first time, I was able to choose the Irish number for my 3 IRL SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Is there a download link for Live Messenger for S60 3rd edition phones i.e. Nokia E61 on Three
    The version directly downloaded from Microsoft for this phone doesn't work cos of Three's port blocking...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You should be able to download the 3 MSN app from Planet3 -> Internet -> Messenger. But the links that they put on that page seem to get rotated slightly each day so it will either be an icon on that page or under the "More top sites" link on the "Internet" page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I don't think anyone of us should take this port blocking lying down - in what sense do Three use the word unlimited?????

I think we need to get together on this one to turn them round before they get too comfortable.

I think basically what they are doing here is blocking the ports to free up bandwidth for the USB modem users - robbing Peter to pay Paul - surely we can't let them away with that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 tdkeaveny

Bluefrog wrote:
    I don't think anyone of us should take this port blocking lying down - in what sense do Three use the word unlimited?????

I think we need to get together on this one to turn them round before they get too comfortable.

I think basically what they are doing here is blocking the ports to free up bandwidth for the USB modem users - robbing Peter to pay Paul - surely we can't let them away with that!

so agree, its really annoying and when you call the customer service they say they don't block anything. lies!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

When I try to download Live Messenger from Three it says that my phone (Nokia e61) isn't supported, I'm figuring that there are versions that Three supply that would be compatable, i.e. Nokia E65, if anyone has the Three SIS Url for the Nokia e65 I would appreciate it.
    Obviously I would love it if Three sorted out their mobile broadband product (unblock ports and websites) but I am not sure how quickly they will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

No point complaining unless you back it up with action - my suggestion is that we all complain to <snip> the head of pr in Three - [email]<snip>[/email].

Advertisement