Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cloragh Mills, Edmonstown Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Ring the selling agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I've actually bought one of the apartments. I've been onto the selling agent countless times, 90% of the time someone takes a message and I don't receive a phone call back. They're quick enough to take the money off you.

Just wondering if anyone else on boards is having the same frustrating issues I am having...little or zero feedback on why there is a delay. My solicitor has been onto developers solicitor on many occasions and he's having the same luck as I am.

Therefore I'm curious to find out if anyone is in the same position...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You could always try going there yourself and ask to speak to the foreman/site manager.

eth0_ wrote:
    You could always try going there yourself and ask to speak to the foreman/site manager.

Good idea, and I already did in January. He didn't really give me any info, allowed me into the apartment and have a look around. The development was / is 95% finished so I was optimistic.

However no work has taken place since January. I heard from another source that the developer and building sub-contractor had a row... I've heard subsequently that the sub-contractor has pulled out, hence no work.

I also know that only 15 units out of the 30 have been sold. The estate agents are no longer showing people around, simply taking numbers and viewings at a later stage.

I sold my last place over a year ago, so back with the folks for alot longer than expected :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Did you move in yet? Place looks strangely empty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hassett are still advertising these units- and offering to show people around. If you still have not heard anything- I'd advise contacting your solicitor. The builder's solicitor is: Jerry Doyle, Rutledge Doyle Solicitors 8-9 Store Street Dublin 1 Tel. 01 8556591

Kind regards,

S.

Ok folks we'll here's the latest.....

The developers solicitor has issued a letter to clients solicitors indicating that "all issues" between the developer and building sub-contractor have been resolved. I don't have details of the exact nature of the dispute but money is an obvious guess.

The letter indicated that work would recommence asap. I've not been up there since but I've been told by some friends there is alot more activity around the place. There's isn't actually that much more work to do. They didn't give exact dates, but indicated would be ready to snag sometime around start of September... ill believe it when it happens...

I'll be glad when I finally get in of course, but it just goes to show you... the developers hold all the cards by building in these standard 18 month clauses into new developments.. plus the developers solicitor is earning considerable interest on all deposits paid.

Will post up an update when I have it.

Brian

Still no movement here, seriously pissed off. They have till March 08 to sort this crap out, contracts null and void beyond that. Full refund plus I'll be investigating compensation..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

To be quite honest- being able to walk away may actually be the better option, given the reductions in prices for apartments over the past few months.

An alternate- might be to offer the developer a substantially lower amount to take the unit immediately as-is, and get your own builder to finish it off (contractors are 10-a-penny at the moment, no shortage of them will jump at the opportunity).

Prices are in freefall- so it would be in order to offer a substantially lower amount- maybe up to 25% lower than the original price. The builder is going to need the money one way or the other, and it gets you off his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

smccarrick wrote:

An alternate- might be to offer the developer a substantially lower amount to take the unit immediately as-is, and get your own builder to finish it off (contractors are 10-a-penny at the moment, no shortage of them will jump at the opportunity).

That doesn't sound very feasible - i'm sure the OP doesn't want to be in his lovely apartment, in the middle of an unfinished building!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brodick

I called there on Monday. Believe me Nothing is happening. It's like as if the Developer has locked up and thrown away the keys.

Anyone know what's going on there?

Brodick

I've found out over the weekend, albeit unofficially, that the building sub-contractor has gone bust. I hear that another sub-contractor has just taken over and there is 2 months work left. Watch this space though, I will believe it when I see it....

For healthy & safety reasons, you can't move in to a building site. I know quite a number of the units have not been sold, possibly due to downturn, price etc. It sounds like the builder invested heavily, upto 50% are still unsold I'm led to believe.

Well finally there is some movement if anyone has passed the site in the last week. Original builder did go bust, another builder has taken over and work has recommended. They've already tidied up all the overgrown shrubs outside. This came from a guy who was talking to the new builder directly on site, expecting to snag in December / Jan.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emmasmom

Hi Bryan & everyone else,

Just found this. You are probably waiting as long as I have been...certainly more than 14 months now. I've heard that Block B and all landscaping are supposed to be finished now (as of 21 Jan '08) and that Block A and garage will now commence. No idea how long that will take!

Let me know if you've heard any update.

:)

I was talking to the builder about 3 weeks ago. She said Block B ready to snag end of January, not heard anything yet. Unsurprisingly.

Hi Brian,

I've talked with the developer, Noel Ebbs, and I think (hope) you will be hearing from him shortly as Block B is just about ready. Also the landscaping (or re-landscaping) for the entire site is due to be completed this week. I've an apartment in Block A which hasn't been touched yet, but which he assures me will require much less work than Block A. My apartment won't be ready until about the end of February, apparently.

Good luck! And thanks for the builder's number. I don't think I'll ring it though...I met that lady one time when I went near the site....FORMIDABLE!

Hi Emmasmom,

Cheers for the info. Hopefully I'll get the shout this week so. I'll post back with an update.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cmd

I contacted Hassetts estate agents last Friday about this development and they replied to say that no information was available until issues were resolved!!! Has anyone who has bought an apartment here heard anything from the developer or builder as to their completion date?

As I haven't heard anything from you, Brian, I assume you are "dangling" just as I am.

Now I see what seems to be a new name on the thread, CMD. Welcome!

Since I've noticed that there has been about a 10% price drop on the remaining apartments, are either of you planning to hold out for a few "extras"? If so, please let me know what so I can do the same....I'm not very good at this bargaining business, but everyone tells me I should get this or that. Do either of you have an opinion from your solicitors?

Thanks!

I'll be back to you if I hear anything re: COMPLETION date!!!

E

Hiya,

My solicitor has been speaking to the builders solicitor this morning, they indicated I should have been contacted about arranging a snag, which of course I haven't been.

I'm going to call the builder directly now shortly to arrange, will let you know how I get on. I was told all apartments were pretty much complete last Friday / 22nd.

Re: price drop / extras, I'll see what my solicitor says. I don't know if they'll be obliged to do anything, but you never know. I'll post back here later.

Brian.

• Advertisement

I spoke to the developer today. I am supposed to be snagging my apartment (block B), this Thursday 6th or Friday 7th.

For others who may have bought an apartment (or have an interest) in Cloragh Mills, I have a confirmed snag date of next Wednesday 12th March.

Brian

For those who may be interested, I snagged my apartment yesterday afternoon. Nothing major but quite a few examples of lazy / clumsy workmanship (tilers / painters). I've included absolutely everything on my snag list, they've had enough time to get things right.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Glad to hear your apt is finally ready and that you are happy with it:)

Hi Brian, Have you moved in yet? What is happening with Block A???? I despair of ever getting in! emma'smom

Hi Emmasmom,

The latest holdup is to do with a leak at the front of the development. They've had to dig up the blocks, find and plug the leak, and re-lay the blocks. Noel said it would take 2 weeks to complete that job, it looks like they are about 1/2 way through.

Once that's complete, people can start moving into Block B and they will be concentrating on Block A.... so I'm told... the saga continues.

Re kitchen appliances, it clearly states on my brochure that kitchens come with integrated appliances. He said there was a misprint on some brochures, and that they weren't included as standard. I faxed him a copy of the page on my brochure and he committed to supplying them at no extra cost.

I'll send you a copy of mine if you can't find it on yours.

Watch this space.

Brian

Thanks for the update, Brian. I have that brochure you mention and have also since seen "integrated kitchen appliances" listed on the Hassetts website, but thanks for the info that he has agreed to giving you these. It will help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marino

Brian

Did you ever get into your apartment? and if so is everything ok with Block B now?

Not just yet. There's 4 people moved in already I'm told, 2 in each block.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 marino

but i thought you snagged it in March and all was ok save for a few snags? is the builder going to compensate you? is the delay still down to the leak? i'm having no luck finding out any info from my solicitor and am sick of hanging around

Advertisement