View Poll Results: Ray Darcy - The Verdict. Have YOUR say!
Get off the air. Your time has passed! 670 61.81%
Still love you Ray! 314 28.97%
Havn't noticed a change over time 100 9.23%
Voters: 1084. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

21-07-2012, 10:04   #3361
GeorgeBailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappyhappy View Post
All the radio threads on boards generally have a dislike for the presenter, liveline, Foley, Mooney, tubridy, Hayes etc. People seem to think that if your in the public eye you're fair game.
It's worse than that. If you're in the public eye you're sh!t... Especially if you're Irish.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-07-2012, 10:30   #3362
Michael Weston

All this talk that Ray gets a hard time here is laughable. I know at least the criticisms I made are justified, I've spoken about his technical ability because on a daily basis he uses the studio equipment incorrectly "stop stop eject eject". His whole interviewing technique is sh!t he never has direction its always full of ehs and ahs and he's constantly talking over and interrupting his guests.

He is supposed to play devils advocate when speaking about a subject and be unbiased, he can never do this its always his opinon is the right one so he has to shout over everybody until its the only one allowed to be discussed on air. He could learn a lot from Matt Cooper.

I also find his arrogance reprehensible and a prime example of that would be the Seinfeld interview. I understand Ray has his support but I challenge anybody to listen to that excuse for an interview and find fault with anybody but D'arcy. I really wouldn't mind the poor technique as I expect nothing more at this stage but he used every opportunity after that to lay the blame for its awkwardness at Jerry Seinfelds door.

Another thing thats mentioned here is his Constant turning of every interview into a chat about his children. I always find that both boring and at this stage embarrassing.

I could go on but Janey Mack, I just looked out the window and...... it looks like today could be summer so better get out and enjoy it .
23-07-2012, 13:03   #3363
wnolan1992

I don't normally let myself get worked up by D'Arcy these days, but have to say he was infuriating this morning.

While talking about the Harry Potter conference in UL (ignoring the fact he broke embargo, which is further example of his lack of professionalism) he proceeded to hop on his little moral pedestal, saying "I hope no taxpayers money is going to this. Not one cent!".

Then finished of the show by saying "*siiiiiiigh* We'll have to have someone from that conference on, and they'll HAVE to put forward some serious justifications for it."

Thanks from:
23-07-2012, 13:37   #3364
Shelflife

ignoring the fact he broke embargo

What embargo did he break ?
23-07-2012, 14:07   #3365
wnolan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelflife View Post
ignoring the fact he broke embargo

What embargo did he break ?
The embargo on announcing the event that they admitted to breaking in the next link.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-07-2012, 22:34   #3366

I had such a heated debate about Ray D'Arcy with a radio dj today that I seriously considered writing an email to Today FM to properly complain about him and plead for them to reconsider this show, except I know it'd obviously make no difference, especially as I'm not one of his main listeners, a bored mammy crying over every mention of babies.
23-07-2012, 22:44   #3367
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoshla View Post
I had such a heated debate about Ray D'Arcy with a radio dj today that I seriously considered writing an email to Today FM to properly complain about him and plead for them to reconsider this show, except I know it'd obviously make no difference, especially as I'm not one of his main listeners, a bored mammy crying over every mention of babies.
I'm curious what your issues with him are? Interviewing style? Technical ability? Etc?
23-07-2012, 22:59   #3368

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
I'm curious what your issues with him are? Interviewing style? Technical ability? Etc?
Yep...both of them and more that I've mentioned already in this thread so didn't want to go on about them again for fear of being given out to for being repetitively negative. Other issues I have with him I realise are my own opinion, too much kid/baby talk, condescending git etc, but the above two would be the main "legitimate" reasons I'm sick of him.

Edit: Actually I don't think you can call it a heated debate when we were both agreeing on all points about him! It was a heated conversation I suppose.

Last edited by Acoshla; 23-07-2012 at 23:01.
24-07-2012, 07:35   #3369
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoshla View Post
Yep...both of them and more that I've mentioned already in this thread so didn't want to go on about them again for fear of being given out to for being repetitively negative. Other issues I have with him I realise are my own opinion, too much kid/baby talk, condescending git etc, but the above two would be the main "legitimate" reasons I'm sick of him.

Edit: Actually I don't think you can call it a heated debate when we were both agreeing on all points about him! It was a heated conversation I suppose.
Aggressive agreement so?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-07-2012, 07:39   #3370
Mr.Crinklewood

Drinking game:-

One shot when he mentions his children.

One shot when he cannot use equipment.

One shot when he mentions the church.

"Shot" can refer to either coffee or alcohol.
24-07-2012, 09:19   #3371

I usually don't listen to Ray Darcy, but it came on after the news this morning as I was running late. What is wrong with him? A stream of vitriol out of his mouth, shouting and roaring "F OFF", "Would you ever F off" out over the national airwaves.

My toddler in the back seat listening to this....

The man needs to get a grip and control his language on air.
(2) thanks from:
24-07-2012, 09:23   #3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwurple View Post
I usually don't listen to Ray Darcy, but it came on after the news this morning as I was running late. What is wrong with him? A stream of vitriol out of his mouth, shouting and roaring "F OFF", "Would you ever F off" out over the national airwaves.

Does your radio not have an off button? Could you not change to Lyric fm & soothe your outrage before ringing the show & complaining? There is a broadcast complaints commission, you can fill out the form online if you are so morally outraged
24-07-2012, 10:11   #3373
_feedback_

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwurple View Post

Did he say "F off" or the actual F word?
24-07-2012, 10:37   #3374
sydthebeat
Subscriber

he is really showing his ignorance right now with his interview with the "harry potter" conference person.

he cannot seem to understand that underlying themes can exist behind the storyline of a book!!!!

good help him if he ever read something like "to kill a mockingbird"... or "moby dick".. or "old man and the sea"
24-07-2012, 10:46   #3375
_feedback_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
he is really showing his ignorance right now with his interview with the "harry potter" conference person.

he cannot seem to understand that underlying themes can exist behind the storyline of a book!!!!

good help him if he ever read something like "to kill a mockingbird"... or "moby dick".. or "old man and the sea"
Seriously - couldn't believe what I was hearing. I know zero about Harry Potter and have zero interest in it.

She was talking about the themes in it and he was just "yeah yeah yeah" not listening, waiting for his chance.

Then he says something like "well that is just your interpretation of it. Those themes weren't there on purpose".

"They were" says she.

"No, they weren't, how do you know that?".

"JK Rowling says so."

"Ha, have you met her and she told you?" (what a terrible question)

"She has spoken about it, and said it in various interviews"

"Riiiiiiiight" .... half mixed with a sigh in there.

He asked her was there any government money gone in to it. Fareplay to her, she gave a great answer as obviously knew the question was coming.

He said goodbye to her in a real "Right, well, bye then" horrible insincere sort of way, and then muttered "<sigh> I don't know ...." before going to a break.

What a horrible excuse for an interview.

Last edited by _feedback_; 24-07-2012 at 10:50.
Thread Closed