Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-01-2007, 20:50   #1
Banned

Tommie Gorman - Grrrrr

Am I entirely alone in finding RTE's NI ace reporter Tommie Gorman insufferable?!

Certainly, I'm a cranky old fool, but the mere sight of him on my screen has me lunging for the remote.

The Groundhog Day nature of NI politics can make them dull enough but he makes them even duller - and only Charlie Bird uses "I" more often in his reports - it's not about YOU Tommie!!!!!

He was even worse when he reported from Europe - and I'm a politics junkie, like. I never learn anything from him that I haven't already read in the papers or heard from the BBC's Denis Murray, it's old hat. Never any insight, nothing!

"What about the children, Roy?" I mean, how did he ever work again after that?

Can you imagine Paxman, voice trembling, asking Beckham: "What about the children of Europe, Becks - have you thought how you leaving for America will affect them?"

I just find him unbearably pompous and self-absorbed. Tommie, not Paxo.

If he must work in television then he should be a regional reporter telling us about pig sales and the like, that's his level. He is so far out of his depth with the heavyweight stuff it's painful.

Ok, that's off my chest. Goodnight Irene.

Last edited by XYZ123ABC; 29-01-2007 at 16:50.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-01-2007, 22:08   #2
OfflerCrocGod

The Tommie Gorman National Police has been informed of your views and will soon be knocking on your door for your re-education.

Do not run they can track you down.

This post may be offtopic and pointless.
29-01-2007, 00:10   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfflerCrocGod
The Tommie Gorman National Police has been informed of your views and will soon be knocking on your door for your re-education.

Do not run they can track you down.
All they'll have to do to torture me is force me to listen to one of Tommie's reports.
09-08-2009, 13:51   #4

Idiot above

Frankly how dare you make such allegations. Tommie is a very decent man who has i dare say achieved a lot more in his lifetime than you ever will.And yes you do appear to be a very grumpy old man.But in future please keep your ignorant futile veiws to your self
09-08-2009, 13:58   #5

Quote:
I never learn anything from him that I haven't already read in the papers or heard from the BBC's Denis Murray, it's old hat. Never any insight, nothing!
Then why do you watch his reports, you mentioned your remote so just use it. Tommy is a decent reporter whereas you're just an anonymous prat!
Advertisement
23-08-2009, 21:05   #6
Koloman

I gave up on Tommie "what about the children" Gorman after his embarrassing interview with Roy Keane.
23-08-2009, 21:10   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by screech1 View Post
Frankly how dare you make such allegations. Tommie is a very decent man who has i dare say achieved a lot more in his lifetime than you ever will.And yes you do appear to be a very grumpy old man.But in future please keep your ignorant futile veiws to your self
whats the latest, Tommie?
25-08-2009, 13:32   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by screech1 View Post
Sure people are entitled to their viewpoints.
I, for example, am continually perplexed by why Gorman feels the need to bring himself into the story.
Why does he keep saying " I understand" or "I have learned"?
What is the point?
Jesus, I know when I went to journalism school many, many, moons ago, we were told that we weren't the story, that what we were writing was important, not us.

Last edited by santosubito; 25-08-2009 at 17:36. Reason: Spelling
25-08-2009, 15:25   #9
jdivision

He lost a lot of credibility after Roy Keane and Sean Quinn interviews. He's not bad though.
Advertisement
25-08-2009, 20:35   #10

tommie is one of the better ones at the national broadcaster , im looking at you plastic sheeting
27-08-2009, 17:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosubito View Post
Sure people are entitled to their viewpoints.
I, for example, am continually perplexed by why Gorman feels the need to bring himself into the story.
Why does he keep saying " I understand" or "I have learned"?
Once saw him doing this with information that had earlier been freely given out at a PSNI press conference.

Not a word of a lie.
16-09-2009, 12:49   #12
walshb

What about his use of the term 'Londonderry' when referring to Derry?
RTE have never referred to Derry by it's British manufactured name.
He is the ONLY RTE person that I have heard using this term. Twat!
17-09-2009, 14:14   #13
jdivision

My favourite memory was Brian Dobson in the grounds of Stormont I think it was presenting the news live in the grounds and then interviewing Tommie via Satellite elsewhere in Stormot. They were probably 10 yards away from each other.
18-09-2009, 15:37   #14
InReality

I find the west of ireland correspondent much much worse...
just , dull and predicatable beyond belief
Thanks from:
18-09-2009, 19:47   #15
Koloman

Quote:
Originally Posted by InReality View Post
I find the west of ireland correspondent much much worse...
just , dull and predicatable beyond belief
Jim Fahy I think his name is. For me the worst correspondent is the Midlands bloke Ciaran Mullooly. His accent is awful!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion