Forum Closed  

14-01-2007, 01:35   #1
dahamsta
Banned

BT Ireland

Sorry for the OT post, can anyone give me a direct email address or phone number for someone high up in BT? I've been trying to cancel a telephone line in an apartment I no longer occupy - luckily no-one else has moved in yet, since they could be happily making international calls and surfing kiddy pr0n on my account - since the 16th of last month, and I just can't get in touch with them. They ignore their ticketing system and email, and calls to their telephone numbers are queued to eternity. I'm thinking of resurrecting btirelandsucks.com, because the suggestion that their customer support has improved is absolute garbage.

(Pardon the rant.)

adam
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2007, 01:49   #2
WizZard
Advocatus Diaboli

Ditto for me.
I'm trying to cancel a broadband subscription and cannot get through to CS at all. I can get through to Sales without any hassle, but not CS. Even when their "Press 1 to be called back" message comes on, pressing 1 has led me to Sales, Business Support, and some type of Volume Account management line.

Such a screwed up Customer Support system - it's the reason I'm leaving them. The irony of not being able to do so because of this dire "support" is not lost on me either
14-01-2007, 11:36   #3
Tom Dunne
Comfortably numb

Actually, I could do with that number too. I am since Setpember last trying to get a bill out of them, when all I get is threatening letters, saying I owe X on the bill.

Staying OT: I asked a "Customer Service" Representative what the complaints procedure was and he gave me an e-mail address (complaints@btireland.ie) I asked how I took it further since I had e-mailed BT already and had not obtained a response, he gave me the number of Comreg.
14-01-2007, 13:25   #4
damien

Danny Mclaughlin is head of BT Ireland and NI. Emer Kennedy is the head of the consumer division.

The email system for the revamped BT is Firstname.Lastname@bt.com unless someone else in BT has the same name as you, then they add a number. e.g. firstname.2.lastname@bt.com

Danny McLaughlin is the only Danny McLaughlin in BT.
There appears to be more than one Emer Kennedy in BT.
14-01-2007, 13:40   #5

I've never had any problems getting through to BT Ireland, though several times I had to hold for extended periods, so I just used the callback service (which worked great for me).
Advertisement
14-01-2007, 18:44   #6
dahamsta
Banned

Thanks Damien.

Urban, looking at my Blueface callsheet I see one particular call to BT that lasted exactly 53 minutes. I've tried their callback system several (>=3) times, it's never called me back.

Of course I believe you, but it wouldn't be the first time one person has had exemplary service from BT, and ten people haven't.

adam

Last edited by dahamsta; 14-01-2007 at 18:47.
Thanks from:
20-01-2007, 21:55   #7
parsi
Banned

Send a message via MSN to parsi
The callback has always worked for me as well. It made sweet all difference to the problems though - they still had to be dealt with via email to Kennedy and yer man Billwhatshisname...
21-01-2007, 02:47   #8
dahamsta
Banned

That's what I had to do, and I got a response from the Head of Consumer Blah - a different one to the last time I had to do this, and apparently there's been at least one in between - about 10 minutes later. They looked into it, and promised a fix, although I won't actually believe that until I see it. Luckily I told them the last time that if they took money out of my account again without my permission I'd sue them, so they don't have my bank or card details. Of course, with this shower, this still leaves the risk of a debt collection agency and/or a blackmark on your credit record.

A fat lot of good that co-operation campaign did when the new CEO joined. And I was lambasted at the time for saying it was bullsh*t...

adam
Thanks from:
21-01-2007, 23:54   #9

I moved with an eircom line and to be fair to them the service was excellent.

I rang them and they disconnected the line there and then, barring all out going and incomming calls. Still a dial tone, but all you could dial was eircom customer care or 999 / 112.

The apartment I was moving into had a line with a "soft dial tone" i.e. it was disconnected, but still live and with a path back to the exchange. Activating that took all of about 3 mins.

It's no wonder there's such inertia in the market place here for voice calls when the likes of BT Ireland is providing such horrendously poor service.

Eircom may be pricy, may hold up broadband roll outs and may be playing being incumband for all its worth, but when it comes to customer service I'm afaid they're light years ahead.

No one other than BT can be blaimed for the ridiculous queuing times, the customer care people who can't do anything and the endless billing errors.

ComReg needs to start playing a role in monitoring these kinds of standards. Its very damaging to the image of the alternative operators if they can't get the basics of customer care right.
Advertisement
22-01-2007, 01:03   #10
dahamsta
Banned

I paid line rental to Eircom in my last place, and they were also very efficient with me. You should be able to cancel a service at any time, but cancelling a line is absolutely critical because it could lead to massive bills if the next tenant is a scutbucket. Unfortunately I seem to remember the cancellation with UTV being not so straightforward, but their support had sunk to record lows by then.

The boss I've been talking to in BT has been very efficient, and followed up yesterday - Saturday - with an assurance that charges incurred after the day I moved out have been cancelled, and a final invoice is on the way. However as I've said before, situations like this simply shouldn't occur. I wouldn't mind, but they have one of the best products on the market technically.

I hold no hope for BT. I didn't believe the assurances of the head honcho the last time, and this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I'll never, ever buy a consumer-level BT product again, and I'll go out of my way to warn people to stay away from them. I'll keep the -sucks site for my collection though, just in case.

adam

Last edited by dahamsta; 22-01-2007 at 01:07.
Thanks from:
22-01-2007, 12:36   #11
Tom Dunne
Comfortably numb

I'm actually on the verge of going back to Eircom.

I am since last October trying to get a bill out of BT. In their latest bout of incompetence, they sent me a bill for last August/September, which of course I paid back then. This is despite numerous promises from them that they would get it sorted. Complaints@btireland.ie don't seem to be listening, since they ignored my last two (very polite) e-mails.

They are telling me I owe €150, but they can't tell me what it is for.
24-01-2007, 16:02   #12
Krusty_Clown

Send a message via AIM to Krusty_Clown
Actually, I'm looking for their customer care and billing number.. I can't dial their 1904 number from my company's switch. Anyone have an alternative number for consumer customer care and billing?

I have the usual over-charging complaints - my 6th incorrect bill in a row. If this was bowling, I'm headed for a perfect score.
27-01-2007, 23:06   #13
dub45

And dont forget the deposit farce
28-01-2007, 14:19   #14
mayhem#

Send a message via MSN to mayhem# Send a message via Skype™ to mayhem#
PM sent...

E.
28-01-2007, 14:49   #15
dahamsta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub45
And dont forget the deposit farce
They gave me my money back bang on time, but I made sure they knew that if they didn't, I'd sue them in Small Claims the very next day. Of course they need to protect themselves from messers, but as ever with BTI the implementation was positively juvenile.
Thanks from:
Forum Closed