Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny--Wikipedia

• 22-08-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

"Nickname in college was "The Plank" because of his tendency to 'get wood' at inappropriate times. Is reported to have bedded over 40 show girls. Was once a trainee priest, but was forced to leave the seminary over allegations of sexual relations with a nun. Was once suspected of being "The Midnight Commando", a Batman-style vigilante who fought night crime in late 1970s Dublin Once claimed to have travelled to space in "a giant hat". No-one believed him. Except Sven. Was recently associated with huge shipments of rhoyhypnol into Ireland Sleeps naked in a polythene bag which he believes gives him great sexual prowess. Hobbies include bending hot ones into unsuspecting interns. Reputed to have introduced the phrase "sweating like a rapist" into the vernacular after using it while he thought that the mike was off on his morning radio show. Likes to get bonged up when he has some free time. Is very superstitious and insists on eating a newborn baby mandrill before each episode of the Late Late Show. Has been known to do his weekday radio show in the nude on occasion. Avid music fan who has a record collection of over 120,000 albums. His lifes ambition is to meet and interview Mr. David Hasselhoff."

Above is the third or fourth paragraph about pat kenny on wikipedia. classic. Sorry if this is ancient but just in case you haven't seen it enjoy

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pat_Kenny&oldid=52537306

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Have a look at Gerry Ryans,

"Gerry Ryan was born in Dublin. He studied law at Trinity College, Dublin and went to work as an apprentice solicitor. He joined RTÉ in 1979 where he presented a selection of speech and music based programmes on Radio 1 and Radio 2 (as RTÉ 2fm was known then). He was a sniper in the GPO in 1916."

~ Idgeitman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

classic a sniper at the GPO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

looks like somebody replaced the wikipedia entries with the uncyclopedia entries again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There is never an "inappropriate time" to get wood. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

do these kinda of bios signal the end of wikipedia as a reliable source of information?

shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

When was internet information with submissions from the general public ever reliable???? You should always be careful of what you read in that thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pat is a dark horse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

do these kinda of bios signal the end of wikipedia as a reliable source of information?

shame.
    Eh, no. It's just wikipedia being vandalised by morons. It's already fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Bateman wrote:

Murder scene, graveyard, creche, etc. :)

wearing swimming trunks - that's never a good time... ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Somebody seems to have been messing with Ryan Tubridy's aswell:

Most of it seems OK, except for this line: "He is a grandson of Todd Andrews, a member of the Irish Republican Army and one of the founding members of Fianna Fáil"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Oh wait, after having looked at Todd Andrew's wiki, I just realised i took that up wrong
    It probably should be "He is a grandson of Todd Andrews, WHO WAS a member of the Irish Republican Army and one of the founding members of Fianna Fáil"

My mistake! Still funny though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i'm sure there is another national dj whose page could be tampered with.

Its wikipedia, anyone can change it.

Its not clever and its not funny to vandalise it.

I'd revert all this childish nonsense myself but I couldn't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Wasnt there a national DJ who had a vendetta against Boards once?

ronoc wrote:
    Its wikipedia, anyone can change it.

Its not clever and its not funny to vandalise it.

I'd revert all this childish nonsense myself but I couldn't be arsed.

ya have to love the lazy protester.

Wasnt there a national DJ who had a vendetta against Boards once?

are you talking about Ray Foley. on today fm quite a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Lurk

InFront wrote:
    When was internet information with submissions from the general public ever reliable???? You should always be careful of what you read in that thing
    Absolutely - wikipedia will always be useless 'cos there'll always be a considerable proportion of entries from people who are well-meaning, but idiots. In fact, I stopped looking at it a good while back but after this thread, will now read it from time to time just for its comic value.

I think its an ok site to use as a starting point for any re-search but not as definite fact

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Vegeta wrote:
    I think its an ok site to use as a starting point for any re-search but not as definite fact
    Unless you are after detailed information on Klingons or similar species.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    Surely it's best to start research off on definite fact, or else you'll end up in fantasyland. But it's been a while since I had to do any research, so the process may have changed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Bateman wrote:
    I beg to differ.

Caryatnid wrote:
    I beg to differ.
    There's definitely inappropriate times to "get wood"....off the top of me head, I'd say it would be inappropriate if a meteor were to hit the Earth, and the only people left were you and your 80-year-old male neighbour...and you're in the middle of a field with nothing around, staring at each other. Actually, forget all that...anytime yer ma would be in the room would be an inappropriate time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

shame.
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Vegeta wrote:
    are you talking about Ray Foley. on today fm quite a bit

Ray Foley has problems with Boards.ie? Whats that all about? I find Ray pretty funny on TodayFM.

Btw, that link no longer works (in the original post).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, im just after reading elsewhere that discussion about him isnt really allowed. Wasnt aware of that until after I posted ><

So, moving away from that discussion, Pat Kenny actualy did his "first ever" direct response to many of his critics. Or so the headline in the RTE Guide is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Lurk wrote:
    Absolutely - wikipedia will always be useless 'cos there'll always be a considerable proportion of entries from people who are well-meaning, but idiots. In fact, I stopped looking at it a good while back but after this thread, will now read it from time to time just for its comic value.

Wikipedia is, on the whole, statistically about as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica, according to several studies.

While vandalism does occur, it is usually rectified pretty quickly on any subject of importance, due to the availability of certain tools to proper WikiPedians, such as listing recent changes and flagging suspicious entries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

InFront wrote:

http://news.com.com/Study+Wikipedia+as+accurate+as+Britannica/2100-1038_3-5997332.html

I wouldn't use it as a reference in my thesis, but it's still pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

cheers for the linky, was looking for that!

• Advertisement

Yeah I use it for trivia, like if I want to find out about Anne Doyle or someone (to fuel my perverted obsessions, clearly), but I just go crazy when people use it for political debate or as a historical source. :mad: :( :eek: :):D:) :mad: :(:confused: :cool::o :p:p:confused: ...Like that.

Britannica isn't an encyclopedia of current affairs and politics, and that's where wiki fails in accuracy I suspect.

Advertisement