Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2006, 18:00   #1
Barcode

Plus size clothes shops in Dublin

Is there any good shops in dublin that sell plus size clothes?
Advertisement
31-07-2006, 18:08   #2
darkskol

Arnotts have plus sizes for men and women also Evans, for women (both on Henry st)
31-07-2006, 18:41   #3
SexyD4Lady

Send a message via MSN to SexyD4Lady
Elvi and Ann Harvey in Clerys.
01-08-2006, 08:36   #4
Tree

Mod: Biology
Marks and sparks main range often goes to a twenty/twenty two, and they have a separate plus range (which mostly isnt as nice). They do fabulous underwear, their bras go to at least a 44 back

evans is also good for underwear, and big jewerly too, longer necklaces and wider bangles (noone can get their wrists through teh tiny ones that penneys sell)

If your willing to hit the suburbs i think there should be a new look in most of teh larger shopping centres, their Inspire range goes to a 24 guranteed and many go to a 28, and they have some really lovely stuff (i have the purdiest black dress )
Thanks from:
01-11-2010, 11:54   #5
rosebuddy

There is a new Plus size clothes shop in Kilcoole Co. Wicklow. The name of the shop is Clothes For You. They stock from size small up to size 8xl for men and from size small up to size 30 for women. Prices are reasonable.

Last edited by dudara; 01-11-2010 at 12:28. Reason: Telephone no removed
Advertisement
01-11-2010, 12:30   #6
phasers

New Look is opening in the Jervis centre on Friday (I think) they do nice plus size stuff, Up to a size 26. Really reasonable prices too.

The huge Evans on Henry St. is good too but their stuff is really expensive imo

Forever 21 is opening soon too and they stock plus sizes as well but I dunno what they're like, I've never been before.

Decent plus size stuff is few and far between generally, and town is just awful for it.
03-11-2010, 13:20   #7
LizT
No longer sweaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasers View Post
New Look is opening in the Jervis centre on Friday (I think) they do nice plus size stuff, Up to a size 26. Really reasonable prices too.

The huge Evans on Henry St. is good too but their stuff is really expensive imo

Forever 21 is opening soon too and they stock plus sizes as well but I dunno what they're like, I've never been before.

Decent plus size stuff is few and far between generally, and town is just awful for it.
Forever 21 do really nice plus size stuff in America, I got two gorgeous dresses in Las Vegas. The only thing is their sizes can be a little wierd. In their normal range they have s,m,l and l fit me in most things. But one of the dresses I got from the plus size range was an XL and another was a 2XL!
Thanks from:
03-11-2010, 19:09   #8
A V A
Banned

Send a message via MSN to A V A
our forever 21 store is stocking a plus size range when we open in 2 weeks , will include plus sizes in all the brands heritage 21 ,twelve by twelve etc
03-11-2010, 20:01   #9
donna.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by A V A View Post
our forever 21 store is stocking a plus size range when we open in 2 weeks , will include plus sizes in all the brands heritage 21 ,twelve by twelve etc
Were only stocking "forever 21+" in plus sizes, that's not clothes from heritage,twelve by twelve etc. Forever 21+ is the new name for "faith 21" which was a seperate brand in the shop. most of the clothes (99.9%) are not from the regular forever 21 range,it's clothes made especially for the faith 21/forever21+ range.

Also our "plus sizes" are actually size 12-20 , so only just about dips into plus size (which is generally a size 18+)
Advertisement
03-11-2010, 20:05   #10
whoopsadaisydoodles
There's always a bright side

the thread is from 2006! looks like rosebuddy thought it would be a good excuse to advertise her new store
Thanks from:
03-11-2010, 20:06   #11
phasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna.s View Post
Were only stocking "forever 21+" in plus sizes, that's not clothes from heritage,twelve by twelve etc. Forever 21+ is the new name for "faith 21" which was a seperate brand in the shop. most of the clothes (99.9%) are not from the regular forever 21 range,it's clothes made especially for the faith 21/forever21+ range.

Also our "plus sizes" are actually size 12-20 , so only just about dips into plus size (which is generally a size 18+)
Seriously? Is that definitely the Irish sizes and not American?

That's awful! Thanks for letting people know.
03-11-2010, 20:07   #12
allandanyways

Didn't realise Forever21 was going to have a plus size.

I will hesitate at calling it plus size if it only goes up to a 20 but they get points for the fact that they actually use a actual plus size model on their site! (unlike ASOS Curve whose models are a 14 or a small 16 MAX with no boobs which irritates me, especially given that their range only starts at a 20 but that's not the point of this thread)

In an OT note, the Forever21 plus size stuff looks gorgeous. Hope it's as nice in store.
Thanks from:
03-11-2010, 20:25   #13
herisson

it annoys me that Forever 21+ only goes up to a 20 cant really call it plus size can you!

i think evans is sooo expensive i wait till the sales if i ever want to buy anything out of there most of the time i shop in new look their plus size range is just so nice.
What i really like about new look is that the prices are reasonable enough and the clothes are generally young looking if you get me...... compared with evans who are too expensive and their clothes are generally oldish

there really needs to be more plus size shops in ireland and i feel maybe some new one directed at the younger market.. a new plus sized shop opened back home called tempted it is such an old lady shop and dirt expensive

i really don't mean to sound rude at all if anyone is insulted or anything

also quick question has anyone seen a plus sized blazer or boyfriend jacket around the place at all?? will ye let me know of ya do?? thank you
Thanks from:
03-11-2010, 20:27   #14
whoopsadaisydoodles
There's always a bright side

Asos do a plus size range now - don't know what they consider plus size mind you but they seem to have some lovely stuff.

Edit: up to size 26 apparently.

http://www.asos.com/Women/Asos-Curve....aspx?cid=9577
Thanks from:
03-11-2010, 20:38   #15
phasers

Oh my god WANT

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...e=2&pgcount=20

I'm really unimpressed about it only going up to a 20, I can still get stuff but ffs, plus size ranges should go up to a 26 minimum!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion