Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-11-2004, 10:44   #16
missy me

I would have to say that stargazer r the best for unusual colours,you can get it in asha but think its like a lil cheaper in adhoc,temple bar. you can also get lots of hair dye(unusual) in a shop called terrysales(i think) its on abbey street across the road from the easons side entrance,its a hairdressers supply store kinda thing but its cool(but dont forget to add ur own tax before paying) it has various differant makes of semi perm hair colours such as stargazer and fudge (i think)
Advertisement
09-11-2004, 12:07   #17
Nasty_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy me
I would have to say that stargazer r the best for unusual colours,you can get it in asha but think its like a lil cheaper in adhoc,temple bar. you can also get lots of hair dye(unusual) in a shop called terrysales(i think) its on abbey street across the road from the easons side entrance,its a hairdressers supply store kinda thing but its cool(but dont forget to add ur own tax before paying) it has various differant makes of semi perm hair colours such as stargazer and fudge (i think)
Stargazer is not bad, but because it washes out in five or six washes it fades and blurs a bit everytime in between. I started off with two thin dark blue stripes and then by the end of it had two wide greeny blue stripes!
09-11-2004, 13:20   #18
Seraphina

Send a message via MSN to Seraphina
Quote:
in a shop called terrysales(i think) its on abbey street across the road from the easons side entrance,its a hairdressers supply store kinda thing but its cool(but dont forget to add ur own tax before paying) it has various differant makes of semi perm hair colours such as stargazer and fudge (i think)
yeah terrysales is great, and they have all the brushes to make application easier. must make a trip back there soon and stock up actually. the colours were great.
09-11-2004, 13:29   #19
fletch

I used a hair dye the other day to put streaks of blonde in my hair...worked really well....It was called Jerome Russell Complete Highlighting Kit. You get everything in it that a hairdresser would use. Powder bleach, peroxide & they give u a cap so you don't have to do your whole head, u can just pick out the hair u want to bleach.
Got it in Boots in Stephen's Green centre (couldn't find it in any of the other Boots) Every other dye I tried just turned my hair red-orange but this one turned it blonde (helped by the peroxide i think )
09-11-2004, 13:55   #20
Nasty_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch
I used a hair dye the other day to put streaks of blonde in my hair...worked really well....It was called Jerome Russell Complete Highlighting Kit. You get everything in it that a hairdresser would use. Powder bleach, peroxide & they give u a cap so you don't have to do your whole head, u can just pick out the hair u want to bleach.
Got it in Boots in Stephen's Green centre (couldn't find it in any of the other Boots) Every other dye I tried just turned my hair red-orange but this one turned it blonde (helped by the peroxide i think )
Can you use it if your hair in already dyed?
Advertisement
09-11-2004, 18:37   #21
fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_Girl
Can you use it if your hair in already dyed?
It doesn't advise it but hey they all say that to cover themselves....I had already dyed mine n had no problems, it turned out blonde & not yellow, like most other products will turn your hair.
It's peroxide at the end of the day so it will just strip out whatever colour is already therer
09-11-2004, 21:41   #22
Nasty_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch
It doesn't advise it but hey they all say that to cover themselves....I had already dyed mine n had no problems, it turned out blonde & not yellow, like most other products will turn your hair.
It's peroxide at the end of the day so it will just strip out whatever colour is already therer
oh right , might give it an oul shot sometime so
10-11-2004, 20:21   #23
koneko

Stargazer is okay, but it's nothing compared to La Riche Directions. That stuff goes in so easy, and the colours are so great, ah I just love it.

I've gone all funky again. Got bored with brown/black so now I'm ruby red which is almost pinkish red.
11-11-2004, 23:32   #24
missy me

awwwwwwwwww i have a new bottle of shocking pink stargazer and cant dye my hair cos im startn a new job on sat and dont know if they wud appreciate it as much as i wud!!!!!!!!!!!!! i usually use boots blonding stuff, its cheap and easy (just like fletch)just kidn, happy birthday kid!!!! who remembers the wonderful young teen days of "sun-in"?????????
Advertisement
21-11-2004, 17:49   #25
lost_lad

Send a message via ICQ to lost_lad
Stargazer Crap

I used stargazer it loses the main color after 2/3 washes and then your left with green/white/yellow hair till you go and get more!!!
I have been unable to find a permanent green hair color or anything not mainstream, in Dublin and have been looking. I'm presently stuck buying stargazer by the crate just to keep what i got green or being left with scumbag-yellow hair.(You all know the type) . If anyone knows where i can get permanent vibrant colors in dublin or galway even i do be there fairly often i would very much appreciate it.
23-11-2004, 13:32   #26
koneko

Did you try the one I've mentioned repeatedly in this thread?

You can get it in Asha in St Stephen's Green shopping centre (top floor), one or two shops in Temple Bar sell it too.

You won't find a permanent version of funky coloured hair dyes. They all fade/wash out (somewhat).
23-11-2004, 14:05   #27
Nasty_Girl

Quote:
who remembers the wonderful young teen days of "sun-in"?????????
I DO!!!
24-11-2004, 21:36   #28
missy me

my main memory of it is the gaeltacht and all the lads tryn to use up all my sun in and left me none!fun and games people
25-11-2004, 04:55   #29
Captain Jesus

i find...

I find that Manic Panic is one of the best out there. I bleach it and then use midnight blue or shocking blue and it stays for a very long time and is nice and bright! they also have some colors that glow under black lights. i like them and they're really fun, but they tend to fade a little sooner.
27-11-2004, 17:15   #30
missy me

yeah the manic panic websites cool,where can u buy it in ireland or is it only online!id like to try it out.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion