Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTA Claim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I never said that, think you’re confusing me with someone else.

2018 to 2019 thought said you were told to leave it by insurance....

I'm lacking sleep so I'm very confused now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

2018 to 2019 thought said you were told to leave it by insurance....

I'm lacking sleep so I'm very confused now

That was the OP.

I hope you’re not driving anytime soon ;)

That was the OP.

I hope you’re not driving anytime soon ;)

Ok there is the mix up. I do apologise profusely....

No driving more left to do today.... My pockets hurt....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

Ok there is the mix up. I do apologise profusely....

No driving more left to do today.... My pockets hurt....

😂

So rang today and got the usual. He’s busy right now but he said he will email you and let you know what’s happening.

This is literally the full email I received.

“ I have issued proceedings and am waiting for details from Aviva of who these are to be served on. ”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

dizbo wrote: »
    So rang today and got the usual. He’s busy right now but he said he will email you and let you know what’s happening.

This is literally the full email I received.

“ I have issued proceedings and am waiting for details from Aviva of who these are to be served on. ”

Fix and sell the car OP.
    You mustn't need it if not used in 18 months.
    Paying to store a depreciating asset that's not in use is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

OP did you look in your rear view mirror and see the other party coming fast and you braked or am I reading that wrong?

Fix and sell the car OP.
    You mustn't need it if not used in 18 months.
    Paying to store a depreciating asset that's not in use is madness

And not mitigating losses either, this money will not be reimbursed no matter what happens.

Sono wrote: »
    OP did you look in your rear view mirror and see the other party coming fast and you braked or am I reading that wrong?

That is correct.

That is correct.

Well I can see why this hasn’t been resolved. Better get your best suit ready for your day out in court.

• Advertisement

Does it make a difference that I saw it happening?

Does it make a difference that I saw it happening?

What do you mean?

All I am saying is if the other side have been told that you jammed on the brakes, their argument could be that you caused the accident, hence why this is dragging on for so long

Just because you asked did I see her coming up behind me. Then you where saying better get your best suit out for court. It’s all good. Think I just misread it.

What do you mean?

All I am saying is if the other side have been told that you jammed on the brakes, their argument could be that you caused the accident, hence why this is dragging on for so long

I was stopped in traffic at temporary road works. Long line of traffic and we had previously been stopped. Moved on about 200 metres and stopped again. Only she decided not to 😝

Bit confused now did you brake for the roadworks or because of the fast driver coming behind you?

Bit confused now did you brake for the roadworks or because of the fast driver coming behind you?

Traffic stopped again as it tends to do so.

I've braced as I noticed the van going to hit me as I was looking at my surroundings and I noticed they were not slowing down and I'd nowhere to go.

Traffic stopped again as it tends to do so.

I've braced as I noticed the van going to hit me as I was looking at my surroundings and I noticed they were not slowing down and I'd nowhere to go.

Were you involved in the same accident or what involvement do you have here?

Were you involved in the same accident or what involvement do you have here?

Lol. No. I stopped because the traffic in front of me stopped. Punisher is saying he was in a similar situation

I can see why this hasn’t been resolved a long time ago anyway, best of luck OP, you might update thread with developments?

Yeah I’ll keep everyone updated. Not entirely sure why he can’t serve Aviva (her insurance company). But then I don’t know how it works.

I’ll keep everyone updated as I’m sure someone else will be left in the dark like me also.

• Advertisement

Lol. No. I stopped because the traffic in front of me stopped. Punisher is saying he was in a similar situation

Yes exactly....

I'll be honest thought I've ran up the arse of 4 cars ....
    Not my fault.

Last one was an A5 which turned into an A3.

Some were imo crash for cash and CCTV proved non fault from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I can see why this hasn’t been resolved a long time ago anyway, best of luck OP, you might update thread with developments?

It's not that complicated if the OP is telling the truth (and I've no reason to disbelieve him).

The OP is in traffic. The traffic stops in front of the OP. The OP must brake so that he doesn't run into the back of the car in front. The OP does indeed brake and stops before he hits the car in front. The person behind the OP didn't leave enough room between their vehicle and the OP's car (or whatever reason there may be) and therefore wasn't able to brake in time and ran into the OP.

In such a scenario, it's hard to see what the OP did wrong so it's hard to fathom why the insurance company is playing hardball on fixing the car.

I can understand why the insurance company might be slow to settle the personal injury part of the claim (they may have doubts about the OP's injuries etc.) but given that the liability appears to lie with the person who ran into the OP from behind, the car part should be cut and dried. It was only €1200 after all to fix the car.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It's not that complicated if the OP is telling the truth (and I've no reason to disbelieve him).

The OP is in traffic. The traffic stops in front of the OP. The OP must brake so that he doesn't run into the back of the car in front. The OP does indeed brake and stops before he hits the car in front. The person behind the OP didn't leave enough room between their vehicle and the OP's car (or whatever reason there may be) and therefore wasn't able to brake in time and ran into the OP.

In such a scenario, it's hard to see what the OP did wrong so it's hard to fathom why the insurance company is playing hardball on fixing the car.

I can understand why the insurance company might be slow to settle the personal injury part of the claim (they may have doubts about the OP's injuries etc.) but given that the liability appears to lie with the person who ran into the OP from behind, the car part should be cut and dried. It was only €1200 after all to fix the car.

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head. All I’ve asked for is the car to be on the road from day one. Any injury claim can take as long as it wants/investigated to whatever degree. Just get the car back on the road first.

My solicitor has finally given me the go ahead to just get my car fixed. So going to get it fixed and sell her up.

I’ll still keep everyone updated just in case anyone else comes across this.

He also stated that it can be an other 18 months unless they want to settle out of court.

Absolutely bizarre that you'd keep it that long and not fix and continue to use. There was no need to leave it sitting up.

If you got an estimate or repaired it that's enough.

Absolutely bizarre that you'd keep it that long and not fix and continue to use. There was no need to leave it sitting up.

If you got an estimate or repaired it that's enough.

I was advised to not fix or touch it. That’s what I done.

I was advised to not fix or touch it. That’s what I done.

I know but that's crazy advice.

I know but that's crazy advice.

Yup. Tell me about it. I only do what I’m told. Never had to do this before so I don’t know any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Hey dizbo,

My heart goes out to you, I wrote this a few years back, hope it's of help to you:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93328566

The process is INCREDIBLY unfair. The wronged person takes a kicking until the claim is settled. Out of pocket expenses, pain and suffering, hospital appointments, inconvenience, impact to sleep, impact on your family life etc. etc. etc. Been there have the badge, mug and t-shirt.

Skim read some of the comments and everything you've posted, for the most part advice is solid.

I too had the same frustration with my solicitor. Unfortunately the legal process around this for the most part is very slow and goes through periods of hectic activity and then nothing again. For me it got to the point that I would ring solicitor, got the usual line... at court, in meeting, etc. so I'd ask what time they'd be back at. So I started ringing twice per day and on about the third day I got a hold of him. Got a written apology and things changed then. I can understand their perspective also.

For me it took just over 4 years but got justice in the end. Have a good read of my post above and I truly hope it helps. Also be careful what you post online whilst claim is in flight, you can be sure claims handlers also keep an eye on these threads ;) Just don't give out anything that could compromise anything. Hope it helps

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comment. Have been told by solicitor it will probably be an other 18 months or so.

I’ll have as good read when I get home later. Thank you

Advertisement